Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s Your Favourite Guitar Effects Pedal You’ve Bought In This Horrible Year 2020 ?

What's Hot
MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
edited December 2020 in FX
I have bought loads since lockdown started back in March.
Today my favourite arrived and I should have bought one ages ago because it’s absolutely awesome out of this world for sounds.
Its the Boss SY-1 Synthesizer Pedal.
Its probably going to take me a few months to work out all the sound permutations and then a few more What you can do adding additional effects pedals.
Winters here so something fun to do.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've only bought one but it's a good one. The classic Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz. Sounds adequately alright
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    edited December 2020
    Boss ME-50B

No, not the usual stuck record answer, I've had that for a lot longer . The B is the bass version. It's fantastic too.

If strictly *guitar* rather than bass - although it probably still isn't really - then my Boss RC-3.

I tried an SY-1 a while ago - I thought it was brilliant, but I would probably need several of them because it's too difficult to change sounds and remember how you had it set... if only they did a '20' series dual-pedal version with between 4 and 10 memories, that would be perfect.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • This was the year I rediscovered my love of guitar, and as such I had to buy back a whole bunch of my favourites to build a new setup. 

In came:

Fairfield Accountant
    Digitech Whammy 
    Zvex Instant LoFi Junky
    Mr. Black Bloodmoon

...all of which I’ve loved previously so were easy choices. New ones to me (that have stuck around) were:

Fairfield Barbershop 
    JHS Emperor v2
    Roland RC-500

...love all three. There are a couple of others en route too :D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nocturne Mystery Brain - it’s made me think completely differently about tone. It’s not just for Gretsches either - sounds great with a tele. 

Also the Wampler Terraform. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    edited December 2020
    I bought a Retroman NüFuzz which contains NKT275s and is basically a Fuzz Face but with tone and bias pots. 
    Makes a wonderment of fuzzy-deliciousness. 
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    At the moment it’s the Chase Bliss / Meris CXM 1978, but I’ve only had it a few hours.
  • Magma57. Love it
  • Joint first place 

Beebo Poly
    Empress zoia
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Currently the Earthquaker Devices Night Wire harmonic trem. I'm having way too much fun with it in the auto-wah mode. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    EHX Battalion bass preamp was a surprise hit with me, lots of old school fuzzy tones, I love it. Also picked up a few minty old Boss pedals; DM-2, DSD-3, CS-1 and PH-1R. Every one sounds fantastic and especially loving the DSD-3.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    Chase Bliss BLOOPER. great creative looper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Zvex Double Rock. Possibly my favourite pedal ever. 
    Hunbgry Robot Moby Dick V2. Definitely my favourite delay pedal ever. 
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited December 2020
    The only pedal I've bought this year - ebay bargain, in box!

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited December 2020
    This year I’ve added

Jam Pedals Delay Llama Xtreme
    Wampler Terraform
    Meris Hedra 

And they’re all equally superb. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    edited December 2020
    Blackhawk Balrog - just an absolute beast of distortion

Although my Ceriatone HeyWhat DR103 is arriving next week and I’m shitting myself with excitement. Oh and I’m expecting a Mountainking Megalith to arrive before the year is out as well. Noisy exciting times.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    edited December 2020

I've bought loads this year, I think my favourite is the Pladask Elektrisk Fabrikat.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    A couple of Keeley pedals which work brilliantly together;

The Abbey Chamber Verb, Absolutely fabulous reverb with a sparkle of modulation. 

Eccos delay. Great sounding delay with modulation. Having a trailing flange effect has become really quite addictive. 
  • I’ve had a year of a lot of pedal coming and goings, mainly out of boredom I think. The Meris Mercury 7 was unbelievably good but just too much for my lofi needs. I’ve got a Chase Bliss Mood, but I don’t seem to be getting much out of it, apart from as a background drone generator. Delay wise, the Walrus Audio D1 can seem to do any delay sounds you want, it’s so impressive. The Keeley D&M Drive has served me well. The Mick side is great as a boost to clean tones. I wasn’t fussed about Dan’s side, but having just bought an Orange valve amp to replace a Katana, the pedal seems to be revealing more and more. And finally, the DOD Carcosa, a great sounding and versatile fuzz, though I’m still working out how to get it to work with the Orange Rocker 15; it sounds different through it than it does with the Katana.

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited December 2020
    Bought quite a few this year which are all on my current board- Cali76 Compact Deluxe,  Phase 95, Zvex Distortron,  DD-200 and Flint. No plans to substitute any of 'em. Flint is probably favourite as there's almost nothing I'd change about it.
  • Walrus Mako D1 Delay. Astounding little box that’s so simple to use. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires