Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s Your Favourite Guitar Effects Pedal You’ve Bought In This Horrible Year 2020 ?

What's Hot

Comments

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Jota said:
    dilbert said:
    Mosky Golden Horse, bought for a tenner from @AlexC, (cheers mate!). Used standalone or as a booster, it's every bit as good as the internet would have you believe, there really isn't a bad sound in it. Never tried a Tumnus etc., so I can't make comparisons but for me, the GH is going to be a pedalboard 'ever present'.    

Good pedal. Mine developed a high pitch noise after two years on my board. No matter how it's powered.
    @Jota ;Thanks for the heads up, I may buy a new one now just in case, they are cheap enough and if my current one doesn't expire, it will probably be on another board anyway.  :3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BorkBork Frets: 256
    edited December 2020
    Jota said: 

Good pedal. Mine developed a high pitch noise after two years on my board. No matter how it's powered.
    My #1 Joyo JF14 American Sound did the same thing.  Not sure what the problem is but it seems to be gain related.  Maybe opamp?  The Mosky Silver Horse boosting into that sounds amazing.

[This space for rent]

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Bork said:
    Jota said: 

My #1 Joyo JF14 American Sound did the same thing.  Not sure what the problem is but it seems to be gain related.  Maybe opamp?  The Mosky Silver Horse boosting into that sounds amazing.
    @Bork , ironically, my Golden Horse goes into an American Sound. Looks like I need to have a reserve for every pedal on the Board at this rate. Then again the entire cost of it all, (Mosky, Koko, Tomsline, etc.,) wouldn't pay for the knobs on a Strymon so who am I to complain?  :3 :3    
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1185
    edited December 2020
    Before we (hopefully) jet off to the in-laws tomorrow, we've had our Pre-Christmas Christmas with my side of the family today.

Lo and behold I am now the owner of a NUX Time Core, MXR M77 Badass Overdrive and a Harley Benton Fusion II HSH.

Haven't had much chance to play with either (have spent a good portion of the day getting day drunk) but initial reaction is good. The MXR certainly fills a need I've had ever since I foolishly let my Boss SD-1 go.

Also purchased this year have been a Truetone Jekyll and Hyde (formerly owned by the Temper Trap, too) and a Fredric Effects Bluesbreaker. Both I really liked, although the Bluesbreaker has now been moved on, and the size and sentimental value of the J&H means I'm reluctant to put it on any of my boards.

My favourite of the lot would probably be the J&H. Best Tubescreamer I've ever used and a Marshall shredmaster in the same box. Plus it's signed by the guys who did Indie Anthems such as Fader and Sweet Disposition.

Fantastic.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • CFHCFH Frets: 456
    It's a toss up between the Jam Delay Llama Xtreme and the Red Panda Context Reverb V2. Both are glorious and are here to stay... 
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    edited December 2020
    I picked up a Mad Professor supreme back in March. Bl00dy brill!

• dc77dc77 Frets: 28
    I've been putting todgether a new board over last few months following a spell of purely concentrating on utilizing volume and tone controls.
    Current version is MXR BOG fuzz > soloist > V2 OCD > TC Spark > MXR Carbon copy > Fender Tonemaster DR.

The absolute hands down winner for me is the TC spark. 4 knob version. Cheapest pedal by far on my board and fantastic. Works anywhere in the chain. Very very versatile. Considering getting another as an always on pedal as I'm currently using it as a boost after the other ODs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jam Ripply Fall
    Chase Tone Secret Preamp
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Expresso FX GE Fuzz or Walrus D1. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I’m pretty sure the only guitar pedal I’ve bought is a Fender Lost Highway Phaser. It’s still on my board (currently home use only, natch), set to switch between chewy slow and rotary speaker fast.

I also built a Big Muff Pi and bought a Bass Mig Muff Pi but I don’t think either of those count.
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    I purchased soooo many pedals this year. It’s really troubling. The best by far was the Origin Effects Magma 57. 

The only other purchase with as big of an impact on my tone was the Zilla cab I bought. 
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    pedalo said:
    I purchased soooo many pedals this year. It’s really troubling. The best by far was the Origin Effects Magma 57. 

The only other purchase with as big of an impact on my tone was the Zilla cab I bought. 
    The magma 57 sounds amazing in all the demos I’ve heard. Would definitely like to try one. 

I’m also in the market for a Zilla cab. Which one did you buy?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I bought a few. 

I got a Thorpy Bunker and field marshal. 
    Then I bought a Thorpy peacekeeper, a pedal I’d already owned a couple of years. But I sold my v1 and bought a v2 for the smaller size. 
    I bought an early 70’s Jen crybaby off eBay. Which is my favourite wah I’ve ever owned.
    Last of all I bought a Foxrox cc hybrid fuzz 2 from Joe’s pedals. It hasn’t come yet as I only ordered in on Xmas day. 
    Didn’t realise Joe’s pedals sold Foxrox pedals. But I’m now thinking of ordering an aquavibe too. To replace my Jam retro vibe v2. I love the retro vibe but the aquavibe is as good apparently and has the bonus of top mounted jacks. My retro vibe has always bugged me with the amount of space it takes up on my packed pedalboard. 
  • hoopshoops Frets: 224
    Analogman Beano Boost, Supro Tremolo, Kingsley Harlot V3 and Rockett Immortal Echo and Peterson Strobostomp Tuner. Completely rebuilt my small pedalboard with thes pedals and am exceedingly happy with them ....... at the moment. 
  • I think the Walrus Audio SLO goes to the top of my list, although it was bought for me which makes it even nicer!

J rockett broverdrive was nice, definitely enjoy that one!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    markr76 said:
    I bought a few. 

I got a Thorpy Bunker and field marshal. 
    Then I bought a Thorpy peacekeeper, a pedal I’d already owned a couple of years. But I sold my v1 and bought a v2 for the smaller size. 
    I bought an early 70’s Jen crybaby off eBay. Which is my favourite wah I’ve ever owned.
    Last of all I bought a Foxrox cc hybrid fuzz 2 from Joe’s pedals. It hasn’t come yet as I only ordered in on Xmas day. 
    Didn’t realise Joe’s pedals sold Foxrox pedals. But I’m now thinking of ordering an aquavibe too. To replace my Jam retro vibe v2. I love the retro vibe but the aquavibe is as good apparently and has the bonus of top mounted jacks. My retro vibe has always bugged me with the amount of space it takes up on my packed pedalboard. 
    I fancy a retro vibe too, but the side mounted jacks are putting me off 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    King Tone Soloist.  

What a pedal!  
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    markr76 said:

Didn’t realise Joe’s pedals sold Foxrox pedals. 
    I take all the credit for this. Got Dave to get in touch with Joe after I showed him that shipping plus import duties made his pedals prohibitively pricey. So what I am saying is you owe me a 5% commission. Or like a timeshare on your Foxrox pedals. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Ibanez Tube Screamer mini. Just a perfect boost/lift for solo’s. Plus it seems to work well with any amp/gain pedal combination. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I got myself a Nux Roctary which I'm quite liking - does a very acceptable rotary emulation plus the octave up and down isn't bad either. Having said that, I haven't been able to try it with the band yet so it may not cut it live. We'll have to see.

My proper favourite is the VFE White Horse compressor but that was a gift