Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s Your Favourite Guitar Effects Pedal You’ve Bought In This Horrible Year 2020 ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Probably the TC june60. 1 footswitch, 2 buttons, 3 sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Helix Floor. 
    Absolutely love it, with a Headrush FRFR that was on offer on Amazon, nice tip from a member here. 
    The Helix is an amazing unit and i’m barely scratching the surface but its made playing more fun and that’s what matters to me
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 174
    Probably the T-Rex Mudhoney II. Does the high gain stuff as well as a modern Rat 2, but also offers some great lower gain tones without the boost switch enabled. The mutex switching is exactly what I wanted, too.

A shout to the Mooer E-Lady too for being ridiculous value - I paid about £35 new, and it’s flangelicous.
  • Dirty little secret mk3
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    There's been many - but the Catalinbread Talisman and JHS Superbolt (v2) are the only two I'm still using 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    Foxrox CC Hybrid v2 - brill fuzz
    Mad Prof Supreme - mainly for the Royal Blue side which takes fuzz very well
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    Currently - an Option 5 Destination Rotation.   Needed a bit of modulation that was more interesting than the chorus it replaced - it has fit the bill very nicely.

I also bought a Boss AD-2 Acoustic preamp with the expectation of doing a bunch more acoustic gigs this year...   So we'll see how that goes in 2021...

On the way I've got a SolidGoldFX Funkzilla which may knock the Option 5 off the top spot if it's as much fun as I expect it to be

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    edited December 2020
    Foxpedal The Wave
    Chase Bliss Mood
    OBNE Black Fountain v3
    Keeley TriVerb
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    I only bought 3 this year, top honours go to the old 80's Ibanez DPL10 panning delay though as its on most of the time. Versatile, simple and superb sounding. 
  • BorkBork Frets: 256
    edited December 2020
    Line 6 M5 - it's a great pedal.  I got it for the Dimension D effect primarily as it's way cheaper than the real thing and then for modulation. But there's so much more it can do...and all MIDI controllable.  I've been so impressed that I bought a second one to use in a bass rig.

Honourable mention also to the Mosky Silver Horse, I don't like it much on it's own but as a boost pedal it turns any Marshall flavoured drive into a shred machine.  Cheap as chips, also.

[This space for rent]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    edited December 2020
    Three pedal purchases this year:

DOD Milk Box
    DOD Ice Box
    Mr Black Gilamondo

Not really used any of them yet, as I've been too busy building my rack.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • Only gear I have bought this year is:

Thorpy FX "The Bunker"
    Way Huge Green Rhino MkV

Both outstanding pedals
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Jackson Audio Golden Boy.

I rate it that much I've bought two.
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131
    Surfybear Metal.

Best spring reverb I've ever heard
  • ZVex LoFi loop junky. So much fun to fool around with and utterly simple box. Really like clean recordings given a little wobble by the lofi junky. Takes you back to the days of vinyl instantly. So much character this thing carries. 
  • Bought a few this year, but the one that stands out is the Wampler Paisley Deluxe.
    It’s got the Nobels ODR covered with the Underdog side, with more eq options and the Paisley side has a flavour of my old Zendrive that I like a lot.
    Mix them together and it gets betterer.
  • Mooer Trelicopter.  Cheap as chips but an excellent basic tremelo that does everything I need and sounds great 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    It's a tie between the two I kept:
    ClinchFX EP-PRE and Hudson Broadcast. 
  • I started 2020 buying a used Diamond Compressor from the forums to 'finish off' my board. Then COVID hit and pedals became somewhat of a distraction.

Before I knew it the following happened:

January: 4 loop Buzz looper with amp switching picked up off eBay for a bargain price. Bought on a whim after having a tap dance fail in preparation for a gig. Ripped the board I'd been building for the past months apart to fit it, loosing half the pedals in the process. Very functional but boring board created as a result.

February:
    Rearranging my board to allow room for the hard to manage-size-wise Revival Drive I picked up on a whim on eBay. I don't normally buy on impulse but the deal was right and there was a site wide 20% off. Sold a H&K Tubemeister 36 to fund it, risky but good moves all around as it goes.

March:
    Again redoing the whole board to fit an incoming Strymon Flint. Totally unnecessary but highly gassed for for years.

April:
    Fitting a CIOKS DC7 to accommodate the Flint and planned power hungry future purchases.

June:
    Rearranging the board yet again to fit a Strymon El Capistan.

July:
    Once again the board in in bits. Fitting a very hard to source WMD Geiger Counter Pro into the board was a nightmare! In the end I built a couple of tiny patch boxes to mount under the board.

October:
    Strymon Deco comes through the door, I'd pretty much decided I was done for the year but the Deco had been calling for a while and a chance popped up so...

By the end of the year the only original pedal that remains is a Korg Pitchblack Poly tuner! I genuinely don't think I'd have become so obsessed any other year but it did serve as a good distraction during the lockdowns etc.

As for the favourite, probably the Flint or the Deco. They're all fantastic pedals, atleast 8/10 across the board) but I think those two are probably the pick. 
  • PudWudPudWud Frets: 156
    I’m late to the party but I’m absolutely loving my Strymon Deco. 

And the Greer lightspeed is probably my favourite overdrive pedal I’ve ever bought.