Line of Duty

What's Hot

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    wesker123 said:
    Zoolooter said:
    Boss, sarge, boss, sarge, sarge, boss, boss....
    Guv 
    Ma’am
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    Hattigol said:
    The most popular drama on British TV for years. 
    Knew I could rely on the good old Fretboarders to pan every single aspect of it  =)
    MOTHER OF GOD, MAN.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22871
    Hmmm, I thought, even by Line of Duty standards that's an unusually cryptic way to end a series....

...Then I realised there's another episode next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    As mentioned, Ozark for some proper TV.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    I watch the edited highlights on Gogglebox...it’s like match of the day for me...saves time in having to watch the full 90 minutes...
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    Gassage said:
    Hattigol said:
    The most popular drama on British TV for years. 
    Knew I could rely on the good old Fretboarders to pan every single aspect of it  =)
    MOTHER OF GOD, MAN.
    JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH AND THE WEE DONKEY!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    I don't watch the show but my wife does and it ruined my evening yesterday as she ended up having a full blown rant at the TV which among all the swearing I could detect the words purile, stupid, ridiculous, cliched, predictable, etc etc.  If someone had uttered the line "You'll never take me alive, copper" I think the TV would have bought it.

Bring back Dixon of Dock Green and Z cars I say.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1832
    According to a few of my ex force mates the most accurate TV cop show was Rosie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Brio said:
    According to a few of my ex force mates the most accurate TV cop show was Rosie.
    Funnily enough I was just thinking about that show the other day, for no particular reason, but I recall one character had my all time favourite sitcom name, WPC Whatmough.   Roy Clarke came up with some great names.
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    There was only ever really one TV cop show - SHUT IT!!!!! 
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 993
    The ending last night was a bit silly. Maybe if the very well known British actor James Nesbitt had made an appearance in some earlier episodes it might be believable that his character is dead.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22871
    Neill said:
    Brio said:
    Funnily enough I was just thinking about that show the other day, for no particular reason, but I recall one character had my all time favourite sitcom name, WPC Whatmough.   Roy Clarke came up with some great names.
    I liked that show, although I don't remember much about it except Tony Haygarth as PC Wilmot.  The Haribo advert with the two cops sitting in a patrol car reminds me of it - as do the cops in the later series of Last of the Summer Wine.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    I'm really hoping that at the end of the series they all bang their heads and and up in the 80s. Fire up the Quattro.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12367
    Keiko said:
    The ending last night was a bit silly. Maybe if the very well known British actor James Nesbitt had made an appearance in some earlier episodes it might be believable that his character is dead.
    I said o my daughter (who had never heard of him) he is too big not to be in it.  However it would be a triumphant twist if he just wasn't in it at all.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5268
    its managed to parody itself, the irish fella is H  
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    I hope they call it a day after this series. It’s getting very close to jumping the shark
  • WoodenheadWoodenhead Frets: 123
    munckee said:
    Keiko said:
    I said o my daughter (who had never heard of him) he is too big not to be in it.  However it would be a triumphant twist if he just wasn't in it at all.

Taking ideas from Police Squad! Tonights special guest star...

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    No comment 
    Red ones are better. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    edited April 2021
    as as show its just "alright", as in average. It does feel a bit watered down, as if it's a first draft of a work in progress. Maybe it will save itself by revealing that the fourth man is not Carmichael or whoever Owen Teale is playing. too obvious. Carmichael is a cracking character, but I can't shake Motherland when I see Anna Maxwell Martin.

I think one of the problems I've had through this series is that most Sundays, by 9pm, I've had a few drinks and don't quite pay attention enough to what's going on. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I’ve been watching the last series of Unforgotten the last couple of weeks. I think they had a similar problem of having filmed partly pre Covid. Credit to both that they actually got something out. Occasionally in LofD I think aha that’s a socially distanced scene but in Unforgotten you pretty much lurch between one and another, 
    The previous week we had a big ol’ cliffhanger and going into the final episode there’s actually less of that, more that I want some answers and closure. It’s not perfect but it is pretty darn good. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.