Line of Duty

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Snap said:
    It would be great if it was Ted all along. Jesus Mary Joseph and the Three Wise Men!! He's H! Throw the book at that fella, he's a BENT COPPER!!

I reckon it will be Owen Teale, or the Chief Constable (the older woman). Both of those would be a bit disappointing though. Bit obvious really.

That Chris, with the thick Notts accent (from This is England), he's a wrong un too. He'll get his dues on Sunday, believe you me, so he will. 

To be sure, I’ve just read all that in an Irish accent.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Snap said:
    It would be great if it was Ted all along. Jesus Mary Joseph and the Three Wise Men!! He's H! Throw the book at that fella, he's a BENT COPPER!!

I reckon it will be Owen Teale, or the Chief Constable (the older woman). Both of those would be a bit disappointing though. Bit obvious really.

That Chris, with the thick Notts accent (from This is England), he's a wrong un too. He'll get his dues on Sunday, believe you me, so he will. 

To be sure, I’ve just read all that in an Irish accent.
    Catch yerself oan 
    Red ones are better. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14266
    tFB Trader
    Why do we have to find out who H/4th person is - Another series can be created either way - A finale can be created in time and we never ever find out who - Just let the suspicion be the end result - Politics is full of suspicion and alleged 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    Why do we have to find out who H/4th person is - Another series can be created either way - A finale can be created in time and we never ever find out who - Just let the suspicion be the end result - Politics is full of suspicion and alleged 
    I think there's a feeling that the H/Fourth Man storyline has been dragged out long enough and people would like to see a conclusion.  But I doubt it will be all neatly wrapped up and tied with a ribbon.

Listening to all the chat on the radio today - now that everyone's a fan - there seems to be an assumption that this is the last series and that everything will be settled.  A few "rumours" that there "may" be another series.  But I'm pretty sure I'd read comments from Jed Mercurio, some time ago, saying that he still had long term plans for the characters.

Personally I'd like another series, but I would prefer it to be something fresh, away from H and the OCG etc.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    Philly_Q said:

Listening to all the chat on the radio today - now that everyone's a fan 
    Em... Not quite....
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    edited May 2021
    H is obviously Ted Bishop.
    The clue's in the name Ted BisHop.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    What I find strange is something quite bland, filled with completely unappealing 2 dimensional characters like LoD gets loads of series' whereas the really excellent Happy Valley only gets 2.
    I suppose quantity always trumps quality.
    I've watched 3 series of LoD and have no desire to watch anymore unless the awful characters all spontaneously combust at random intervals.
    I quite liked series 2 but only because Keeley Hawes turned in a good performance. Everyone else was overacting like crazy.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12368
    Sassafras said:
    What I find strange is something quite bland, filled with completely unappealing 2 dimensional characters like LoD gets loads of series' whereas the really excellent Happy Valley only gets 2.
    I suppose quantity always trumps quality.
    I've watched 3 series of LoD and have no desire to watch anymore unless the awful characters all spontaneously combust at random intervals.
    I quite liked series 2 but only because Keeley Hawes turned in a good performance. Everyone else was overacting like crazy.

Only two series of HV was down to Sarah Lancashire, but there's news she’s agreed to do a third now. 

I don’t get the massive appeal of LoD either, the plot is overly complicated and dragged out and the acting from the three main characters is very hammy at times, although the scriptwriting can’t have helped there. The only really appealing one for me is Ted, but even then they’ve overdone it with the catchphrases lately. The guest stars have usually been way better... particularly Lenny James. I still watch it but the latest series has been pretty rubbish. 

Someone put me onto Unforgotten recently (thanks whoever it was). We’ve watched a couple of series so far and its excellent, head and shoulders above LoD in script, plot and acting. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14266
    tFB Trader
    So not long to go

I'm going for :- We won't find out who H/4th person is - It will finish on a cliff hanger of who, but with a strong hint, at best, to at least one person - But nothing conclusive, certainly with regards to any arrest/prosecution - Even to the point Hastings walks away, retired, from the AC 12 building, but a phone/text/digital message comes his way, right at the end, that implies 'thanks for your help and you'll be rewarded' 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Have to admit. This show had passed me by completely... but, with all the talk, me and the mrs have binged watched the show over the last two weeks and are caught up!...

been quite good watching it back to back as you can connect the dots quite easily.

so... the last episode... I reckon it will leave loads of questions unanswered

or

it will finish with a big Broadway style musical number...
    edited May 2021
    poopot said:
    Have to admit. This show had passed me by completely... but, with all the talk, me and the mrs have binged watched the show over the last two weeks and are caught up!...

been quite good watching it back to back as you can connect the dots quite easily.

or

Like the Buffy episode 'Once More With Feeling'? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    TimmyO said:
    poopot said:

or

Like the Buffy episode 'Once More With Feeling'? 
    More like the end of blazing saddles
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    So, who was H ?
  • 'Disappointed' would be an understatement! Haven't felt that let down since the end of Lost!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    sev112 said:
    So, who was H ?

Buckells

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Maybe whatever happened it wasn’t going to live up to the hype. 
    Anyway, how do you get into Witness Protection? That house looked nice. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    edited May 2021
    More will be revealed in S7  ;)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    Maybe whatever happened it wasn’t going to live up to the hype. 
    Yep stone farmhouse in the country for free. I’m in. 
  • Maybe whatever happened it wasn’t going to live up to the hype. 
    And the hot new redhead! Sign me up!
    Rubbish 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom