Line of Duty

What's Hot

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Have you finished Unforgotten yet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Brio said:
    According to a few of my ex force mates the most accurate TV cop show was Rosie.
    My old man was a career copper. His opinion was that Operation Good Guys was the most realistic portrayal of the police he'd seen on TV. Which is pretty scary if you've seen it.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Chuffola said:
    Love it, but agree with the criticisms levelled in this thread. It's popcorn TV on a Sunday night and, being from Belfast, I spend a lot of the show checking out the locations where they've filmed which is fun. 

Adrian Dunbar is the best thing about it, for me - but totally agree that they are now cramming in his "catch-phrases" far too much.
    I loved "Jesus, Mary, & Joseph and the little donkey !" ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Snap said:
    All four series in as many weeks. For maybe two and a half series it was people getting on with their jobs and I quite liked the almost docu drama element then they decided to up the dramatic part and I lost interest to some extent. Having watched that much I just wanted to see it through.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    Jalapeno said:
    Chuffola said:
    Love it, but agree with the criticisms levelled in this thread. It's popcorn TV on a Sunday night and, being from Belfast, I spend a lot of the show checking out the locations where they've filmed which is fun. 

Adrian Dunbar is the best thing about it, for me - but totally agree that they are now cramming in his "catch-phrases" far too much.
    I loved "Jesus, Mary, & Joseph and the little donkey !" ;)

That was a genuine laugh out loud moment. 

I've heard a lot of moaning about that whole "no comment" scene, but I think those extended interrogations in the AC-12 office are the best, most gripping scenes in LoD.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Snap said:
    All four series in as many weeks. For maybe two and a half series it was people getting on with their jobs and I quite liked the almost docu drama element then they decided to up the dramatic part and I lost interest to some extent. Having watched that much I just wanted to see it through.
    Quite sad in the end though!
    Snap said:
    Snap said:
    Quite sad in the end though!
    Oh yes, very sad :cry: 
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    What I find a bit odd is that why have a pretty big name actor - i.e. James Nesbitt - play a character (Marcus Thurwell) in a non-acting, non-speaking role? He's only appeared in photographs and is now dead (supposedly) having been bumped off in Spain.

Makes me wonder if perhaps he isn't actually dead and could turn up with an actual appearance in the final episode. 
    But who knows...

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    We just finished series 3 (why is it series here and season in the US?) really enjoying it and almost glad we didn't watch it until the last series, starting to join the names up to the references now but will probably rewatch this series again once we've caught up. 
    AlbertC said:
    What I find a bit odd is that why have a pretty big name actor - i.e. James Nesbitt - play a character (Marcus Thurwell) in a non-acting, non-speaking role? He's only appeared in photographs and is now dead (supposedly) having been bumped off in Spain.

Makes me wonder if perhaps he isn't actually dead and could turn up with an actual appearance in the final episode. 
    But who knows...

That’s the suspicion, maybe a double bluff? Seemed the same with Andi Osho that she’d just appear as a picture and she has had a few words to speak now. 
  • Hurling_FruitmigHurling_Fruitmig Frets: 679
    edited April 2021
    AlbertC said:

But who knows...

I’ve not been trawling the theory sites to see if anyone else thought the same, but a friend is convinced that the Spanish AFO that led the raid in the last episode was Nesbit/Thurwell.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    ^^^ I can take or leave that particular theory, but there's no way that was Thurwell's dead body on the bed. Not when the audience barely got a look at him.

Makes sense that Thurwell would have a bent Spanish copper or two on hand for just such an occasion as that if he's who they think he is.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

AlbertC said:

But who knows...

I’ve not been trawling the theory sites to see if anyone else thought the same, but a friend is convinced that the Spanish AFO that led the raid in the last episode was Nesbit/Thurwell.
    Someone posted that on Twitter and other people started posting screenshots that seemed to show clearly it wasn’t. 
    But, yes, for just a couple of photos they could have used anyone so it feels like there must be more Nesbitt to come. Perhaps like a 1970s sitcom there will be a film spin off set in Spain  - Carry On Line of Dutying. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Someone posted that on Twitter and other people started posting screenshots that seemed to show clearly it wasn’t. 
    But, yes, for just a couple of photos they could have used anyone so it feels like there must be more Nesbitt to come. Perhaps like a 1970s sitcom there will be a film spin off set in Spain  - Carry On Line of Dutying. 
    Carry on Bending would surely be more fitting for the genre, although could easily be misconstrued....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    AlbertC said:

But who knows...

My money is on Nesbit being a deliberate distraction 

But my money is also on the big reveal being a huge anticlimax and I really hope that's not the case 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It would be great if it was Ted all along. Jesus Mary Joseph and the Three Wise Men!! He's H! Throw the book at that fella, he's a BENT COPPER!!

I reckon it will be Owen Teale, or the Chief Constable (the older woman). Both of those would be a bit disappointing though. Bit obvious really.

That Chris, with the thick Notts accent (from This is England), he's a wrong un too. He'll get his dues on Sunday, believe you me, so he will. 

There were police officers discussing LofD on the radio this morning and the various elements that bugged them. Seemed to be some love for Happy Valley as a police drama that got the detail right. I've never seen it but looks like it's on Prime so that might be worth a look at some point. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    There were police officers discussing LofD on the radio this morning and the various elements that bugged them. Seemed to be some love for Happy Valley as a police drama that got the detail right. I've never seen it but looks like it's on Prime so that might be worth a look at some point. 
    Happy Valley was fantastic. Really gritty. Sarah Lancashire (yes, Raquel from Corrie) was utterly brilliant as the lead.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Happy Valley was fantastic. Really gritty. Sarah Lancashire (yes, Raquel from Corrie) was utterly brilliant as the lead.

I don't know her from Corrie really but I saw her in Talking heads and that was probably my favourite from of that series.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08ftm4h/alan-bennetts-talking-heads-series-1-2-an-ordinary-woman

• Snap said:

That Chris, with the thick Notts accent (from This is England), he's a wrong un too. He'll get his dues on Sunday, believe you me, so he will. 

Some people are convinced that he was one of the shaven headed youths in the mugshots shown in thelast episode but I'm not convinced. I'm also sure that the Carmichael tapping out 'H' in Morse code with her pen during the interrogations scene is just a distraction.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.