What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2

Not as much of a rip snorting space adventure as the first one, more of a character development one with action and gags thrown in. A lot more emotion based stuff in there and I was disappointed with the one that dies (in a good way) as I thought said character was pretty cool by the end. If you haven't seen the first one I'd recommend seeing it before Vol 2 as it will make sense but wont seem like much of a film on its own.
     I enjoyed it, the kids liked it and I'll happily head out to see Vol 3.
    Theres stuff in the end credits, I loved the Groot one but the final one is pants and I think its about time they stopped shoe horning him in.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24334

Not as much of a rip snorting space adventure as the first one, more of a character development one with action and gags thrown in. A lot more emotion based stuff in there and I was disappointed with the one that dies (in a good way) as I thought said character was pretty cool by the end. If you haven't seen the first one I'd recommend seeing it before Vol 2 as it will make sense but wont seem like much of a film on its own.
    Theres stuff in the end credits, I loved the Groot one but the final one is pants and I think its about time they stopped shoe horning him in.
    Did you recognise who he was talking to in the though?
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490

Did you recognise who he was talking to in the though?

Nope, not that much of a fanboi to be honest. Ive read up on who they are and they still mean nothing to me
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    After all the raving reviews on here about 1st part of this franchise (Guardians of the Galaxy) I really wanted to like it.

I didn't. It was like Disney meeting Adam Sandler on a bad day.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    After all the raving reviews on here about 1st part of this franchise (Guardians of the Galaxy) I really wanted to like it.

I think part of the joy of GoftheG was that it was a bit of a surprise - it arrived with expectations of a formula CGI superhero movie but had a bit of wit and invention (if still largely a formula film) that you could warm to. So, having a sequel will always lack that surprise but, equally, watching the first one now with a weight of expectation it's probably not going to work. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Watched Le Quattro Volte last night recorded from film 4. I've seen it before but this time we watched without 11 yr old daughter and she really liked it. This is surprising, as it is 1 1/2 hrs long and there is no action or talking. It's just mesmerising thoughtful cinematic storytelling. 

Catch it if you can, you may be surprised. 
  • Saw 'Revenant' yesterday. Excellent film, fantastic story, and Di Caprio was great in it, as were the other characters.
    9/10
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10414
    The accountant - cliched load of toss

www.2020studios.co.uk 

I think part of the joy of GoftheG was that it was a bit of a surprise - it arrived with expectations of a formula CGI superhero movie but had a bit of wit and invention (if still largely a formula film) that you could warm to. So, having a sequel will always lack that surprise but, equally, watching the first one now with a weight of expectation it's probably not going to work. 
    Thanks mate, that actually makes sense.
    Just not my cup of tea I'm afraid :-)
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I can heartily recommend Calvary, a small Irish film with an excellent cast, beautifully shot and very involving

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/calvary_2013/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    I watched Divergent last night. Don't waste 2 precious hours as I did.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I watched Divergent last night. Don't waste 2 precious hours as I did.
    Ah, I watched it the day before yesterday.  I only watch about 3 films a year but I've just got Prime so I thought I'd give it a go.  I liked it!
    Possibly because I'd tried the book.  And the book was drek,,, I can't remember if it got Christian or American or both but I noticed the smell of ideology and just stopped reading.  But I quite liked the film. I think.  I got a bit lost at points but I didn't notice the propaganda of the book.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    MrsTheWeary has had Case 39 on, which I have seen before but she said she hadn't. Nice to see something that shows social workers in a good light (kind of). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Danny1969 said:
    The accountant - cliched load of toss

Agreed.  Watched this on a flight and was amazed.
    It's almost M Night level, and I mean The Happening, not The Sixth Sense.

To make it worth watching I decided to think about it like "What if Bruce Wayne had learning and social disabilities?".  Then it was mildly entertaining.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Guardians of the Galaxy- solid 10/10, bloody hilarious. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    just saw Ghost in a Shell
    really enjoyed it..
    it had that spooky vibe that reminded me a lot of Blade Runner [although the story was of course totally different]..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Vacation - 6.5/10
    Basically an up to date National Lampoon movie.
    Got rubbish reviews, and the storyline is obviously predictable, but if you want to laugh it has some very funny scenes.
    edited May 2017
    Vacation - 6.5/10
    Basically an up to date National Lampoon movie.
    Got rubbish reviews, and the storyline is obviously predictable, but if you want to laugh it has some very funny scenes.

Tartan Prancer!

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/LNAk6PxYxiUwGjK8cIrRAg--/aD00ODA7dz03MjA7c209MTthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/cms/autos/Boldride/00-tartan.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_LPaul_L Frets: 52
    Saw GOTG Vol 2 and enjoyed it. OK it is what it is and that is entertainment, but interesting to see how the Marvel films are being tied in to each other with the Infinity Stones sub plot.

May have to watch No Country For Old Men. Never seen it.
    Maintained it for 20 years. This old guitar's had 17 new necks and 14 new bodies in its time.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10414
    No country for old men is superb but Coan brothers films generally are 

Currently enjoying The edge of seventeen ... high school comedy with some wicked humour
    www.2020studios.co.uk