What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    I sat through the Divergent trilogy with my kids.

Fucking hell.

2/10
    Shite isn't it? Basically a worse version of Hunger Games, if that's even possible. I gave up after the second film, wished I'd given up after the first tbh.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Ghostbuster remake
    I noticed a lot of hate for this when it came out but I'm not quite sure what people were expecting to be honest. Its a dumb popcorn film and that's what I got. I chuckled a bit, spotted the cameos, liked the new Ghostbuster weapons but it was about 30 mins too long. Overall it wasn't that bad

@Flink_Poyd, ;I think some people take stupid fun way too seriously.  There was a talk about it being some sort of feminist propaganda flick. This is Ghostbusters FFS!!!
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Kong- Skull Island 

pish 
  • Kong- Skull Island 

pish 

In which way.  I thought that as a monster monkey movie it was delightful and fun.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Just found it boring is all,the CGI was decent but that is about it for me. 

also watched The Score, decent acting from Norton as usual 
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    The autopsy of Jane Doe, Scared the shit out of me. Good horror film.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    See No Evil, Hear No Evil.

It must be years since I have seen it, but I was surprised how much of it I remembered. I guess Dumb and Dumber overtook it as my "go to" comedy. How hot is Joan Severance though? Wow.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    hotpot said:
    The autopsy of Jane Doe, Scared the shit out of me. Good horror film.
    Watched that on the weekend, loved it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Your Name - Anime from Japan.  Fantastically Japanese film, a love story with a comical premise that turns into something quite deep, edgy and tense.  9/10
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Anchorman..I laughed like a girl through most of it. Silly but tickled me  B)
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Rings.

A sequel to the popular franchise - I really wanted to like it but it was very mediocre. I guess there's just so much you can do when it comes to "killing tape" and walking out of tv screen.
    3/10
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Just watched the latest Kong, formulaic and predictable, CGI was very good though, We did enjoy it, just accept it for what it is...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• SporkySporky Frets: 28352
    Oblivion.

Would have been better if the trailers didn't have a massive spoiler. 5.4 out of 9.3. Watch Moon instead.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15495
    Watchmen. Seen it multiple times, but still the best superhero flick by a country mile.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2.  

Lots of fun with Peter Quill and his buddies in this fantasy sci-fi jaunt. If you liked the first one, you're probably going to like this.  It's lots of fun and yes @clarky, things get blown up, but there are feelings in there. 

The soundtrack is good too.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Rogue One.

The Force Awakens, wasn't a *bad* film IMHO, but came across as a "Best Of Star Wars" in places. Rogue One, while suffering from the same problem, is the better of the two. 

My main complaint is using CGI Magick for Tarkin and Leia. It just seemed weird to me but hey ho :)

7/10

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• No country for old men- 9/10
    wow! how have i not seen this before. Love Coen brothers stuff, but this has passed me by until now

Rings-2/10 not up to much

Autopsy of Jane Doe-6.5/10 characters were not great, but pretty good storyline and film.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2.  

Lots of fun with Peter Quill and his buddies in this fantasy sci-fi jaunt. If you liked the first one, you're probably going to like this.  It's lots of fun and yes @clarky, things get blown up, but there are feelings in there. 

The soundtrack is good too.
    loved the first one… looking forward to this hugely
    play every note as if it were your first
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Cinema did Prometheus and Alien double bill for Alien day... Never seen it on the big screen. 

Loved seeing Alien in huge cinema vision. 9/10 (could only be improved by being Predator ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    No country for old men- 9/10
    wow! how have i not seen this before. Love Coen brothers stuff, but this has passed me by until now

Rings-2/10 not up to much

Autopsy of Jane Doe-6.5/10 characters were not great, but pretty good storyline and film.

NCFOM is a fantastic film. Thanks for reminding me. Have to watch it again :)