Line 6 HX One

What's Hot

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4248
    Dumb question but can you put your drive pedals/AIAB pedals in the loop on this so you can have overdrive presets before your other drives and modulation/delay/whatever after them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lewy said:
    Dumb question but can you put your drive pedals/AIAB pedals in the loop on this so you can have overdrive presets before your other drives and modulation/delay/whatever after them?

Pretty sure you can. You might need to check the manual to make sure - I think you need to use the DSP bypass mode rather than the true bypass.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27191
    edited November 2023
    Lewy said:

Pretty sure you can. You might need to check the manual to make sure - I think you need to use the DSP bypass mode rather than the true bypass.
    Yep this is my reading of it and exactly how I’d use it. Pitch shifting before dirt and swirlies after in my case. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    edited November 2023
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Lewy said:

Yep this is my reading of it and exactly how I’d use it. Pitch shifting before dirt and swirlies after in my case. 

In the manual, page 8. The example shows the HX One in an amp's effects loop but it's not like the pedal cares what you put in the insert loop.

• Lewy said:
    Yes you can. It's basically what I did for the live stream presentation. Except my AIAB was a full Helix. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Lewy said:
    Yes you can. It's basically what I did for the live stream presentation. Except my AIAB was a full Helix. 
    I'm now picturing some kind of Line6 Turducken situation where you have an HX One in the loop of an HX Stomp, which is in the loop of a Helix LT, in the loop of a Helix Floor. 

I don't know why I am thinking about this, nor why I can't stop
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lewy said:
    I'm now picturing some kind of Line6 Turducken situation where you have an HX One in the loop of an HX Stomp, which is in the loop of a Helix LT, in the loop of a Helix Floor. 

I don't know why I am thinking about this, nor why I can't stop
    I've come fairly close to that before. As Helix is my main interface I have to get creative sometimes to do what I need to do. I have at some point or another had HXFX running with Helix Floor or stomp in a loop with the rack in another. It gave me a nosebleed. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4248
    Lewy said:
    Ok, I want one!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
    They really are going to sell shedloads 

• I’ve just got a Plethora x3, may have got this if the timing was different but to be fair the X3 is really good.

Advantage of the Plethora x3 would be more than one effect at a time where the HX One is just one effect at a time? 

• I’ve just got a Plethora x3, may have got this if the timing was different but to be fair the X3 is really good.

Advantage of the Plethora x3 would be more than one effect at a time where the HX One is just one effect at a time? 
    Yeah.  Less range of effects in the Plethora though.  No drives, just bread and butter delay, verb, pitch, looper etc.

• Even though I acquired some delay pedals in the last few months, I am thinking of pairing back again and combining with a multi effects. How would the HX One work with changing presets in a live scenario? e.g. If I had 10 presets saved, a midi foot controller would do it right, and just set them up 1 to 10. 
    e.g. standalone OD/distortion/fuzz - HX One for mods and randomness - AN OTHER echo or analogue delay pedal - reverb pedal.
  • Even though I acquired some delay pedals in the last few months, I am thinking of pairing back again and combining with a multi effects. How would the HX One work with changing presets in a live scenario? e.g. If I had 10 presets saved, a midi foot controller would do it right, and just set them up 1 to 10. 
    e.g. standalone OD/distortion/fuzz - HX One for mods and randomness - AN OTHER echo or analogue delay pedal - reverb pedal.
    Yep. Midi controller would change your presets for you. You could do it on the unit but might be a little more tricky if you're tap dancing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yep. Midi controller would change your presets for you. You could do it on the unit but might be a little more tricky if you're tap dancing.

You can also set it up so you you can just scroll up and down through the presets with the left and right footswitches. You can even program a preset min/max value so it'll only scroll through a subset of your presets. One or both of those things might mean you don't even need the MIDI controller.

• With my eyesight and bad lighting I can’t be dealing with small dials or interfaces so either tapping to scroll up and down or an external midi might be the way to go. Wonder how easy the screen is to read while standing up?
  • This is definitely on my wish list and will replace my trusty M5 sometime soon.
    I've been using my M5 pretty much since its launch. I originally bought it for its delays and mods. I was always hopeless at adjusting delays and chorus pedals on the fly so the M5 was a perfect fit. I saved multiple presets which I could scroll through live. I just saved them as actual song names to make it even simpler. IMHO Line 6 has always produced great delays and the drives and distortions are also pretty useable. 
    For anyone who is on the fence about getting one of these I would recommend getting hold of a second hand M5 or try and borrow one. It is not a multi fx unit just a great tool.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7372
    Nice, I'll reach out to my Sweetwater Rep and see if he can hook me up with a sweet deal.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @bobblehat ive had the M5, a great bit of kit. Tempted between this and the plethora x3. Seems to be some really tasty delays and reverbs etc in the HX One and it would be around the same price.
  • @bobblehat ive had the M5, a great bit of kit. Tempted between this and the plethora x3. Seems to be some really tasty delays and reverbs etc in the HX One and it would be around the same price.
    They both have decent delays and reverbs.

The Alter Ego delays on the Plethora are really good, as are the Hall of fame verbs.  

I think the HX One is a bit cheaper I think, £250 vs around £320.  I don’t think you can go wrong with either.