Line 6 HX One

What's Hot

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1393
    edited November 2023
    I was thinking of combining some mod pedals with HX One but something like the Plethora could replace everything after my drive pedals.
    But it would be nice to combine some oddball pedals or something like an Eventide Blackhole. One thing none of them do is reverse reverb though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 380
    edited November 2023
    I was thinking of combining some mod pedals with HX One but something like the Plethora could replace everything after my drive pedals.
    But it would be nice to combine some oddball pedals or something like an Eventide Blackhole. One thing none of them do is reverse reverb though.
    None of them do reverse reverb yet:3
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I suppose Gate will get you close 
  • I was thinking of combining some mod pedals with HX One but something like the Plethora could replace everything after my drive pedals.
    None of them do reverse reverb yet:3
    This makes me a bit giddy. I'm still relying on my Multistomp for this at present. Boss just dropped the RV200 with reverse and gated verbs, hoping L6 are ready to counter!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I still have my old Digitech Digiverb for reverse and gates!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27258
    Ooooh what's this then? :) 

It's small but chunky. Feels nice. I already know how it sounds. Need to work out how to plumb it into my board with dirts in its loop. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 298
    Ooooh what's this then? :) 

It's small but chunky. Feels nice. I already know how it sounds. Need to work out how to plumb it into my board with dirts in its loop. 

Nice one! Enjoy!

Mine arrives tomorrow. :)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    Still want one. I think next month will be the month
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 298
    roberty said:
    Hit me up before you buy in the case I feel I made a terrible mistake. lol
    pt22 said:
    roberty said:
    Hit me up before you buy in the case I feel I made a terrible mistake. lol
    I love my M5. I doubt the One will leave you, er, one-ting
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4266
    Keen to hear if anyone finds a regular practical use for the Flux function.....
  • wddonaldswddonalds Frets: 2
    I’ll be picking one of these up soon to pair with my ToneX
    Ok, quick plug in this morning. I really like it. Super easy to use, feels great, the screen is excellent, and it sounds great because Line 6. I haven't worked out how to save settings and limit # of patches for easier live use but I'll work that out over the weekend. 

My initial thoughts on Flux are thus:
    1. pitch shifting, either for quasi-Whammy stuff, or so I can simply have 2 different pitch options (e.g. octave down and up) on a single preset and just use the flux button to switch between them; basically giving me 2 "snapshots" (in Helix terms) on a single effect. 
    2. Speed ramping for phaser/univibe sort of things without needing an expression pedal. 
    I'll definitely use it for both of those. Not sure if the Flux switch can be set to work Momentary rather than Toggle mode, which would be even better (as holding it currently switches between Tap and Flux modes) but maybe there's a way to have a separate aux switch do that. Is @Digital_Igloo still around?

Also having played with the Poly Pitch settings today I realised it has different tracking/latency options, from super fast but a bit glitchy to minor latency but mega good tracking, where it feels a bit spongy but sounds basically perfect great. Setting that somewhere in the middle easily matches my Ricochet, which is perfect because it means I can definitely sub it into that physical slot on my board and also give myself access to phasers, choruses, delays, etc as needed. 

I'm VERY happy with all of that. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4000
    I’m starting to become more interested in this. The Flux feature looks great.

I really like my El Capistan, but this could take it’s place and give me way more options…

I'll definitely use it for both of those. Not sure if the Flux switch can be set to work Momentary rather than Toggle mode, which would be even better (as holding it currently switches between Tap and Flux modes) but maybe there's a way to have a separate aux switch do that. Is @Digital_Igloo still around? 
    Thinking further on this, if Flux can be switched via MIDI, is there a controller that could be programmed to activate Flux when you step on it and deactivate Flux when you release it?

I know next to bugger all about MIDI switching so don't know if that exists
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 763
    Ok, quick plug in this morning. I really like it. Super easy to use, feels great, the screen is excellent, and it sounds great because Line 6. I haven't worked out how to save settings and limit # of patches for easier live use but I'll work that out over the weekend. 

1. pitch shifting, either for quasi-Whammy stuff, or so I can simply have 2 different pitch options (e.g. octave down and up) on a single preset and just use the flux button to switch between them; basically giving me 2 "snapshots" (in Helix terms) on a single effect. 
    2. Speed ramping for phaser/univibe sort of things without needing an expression pedal. 

Also having played with the Poly Pitch settings today I realised it has different tracking/latency options, from super fast but a bit glitchy to minor latency but mega good tracking, where it feels a bit spongy but sounds basically perfect great. Setting that somewhere in the middle easily matches my Ricochet, which is perfect because it means I can definitely sub it into that physical slot on my board and also give myself access to phasers, choruses, delays, etc as needed. 

I'm VERY happy with all of that. 
    That sounds encouraging. Great shout with the flux to switch between two settings - sort of like a Strymon with a Favourite switch. A delay or an overdrive with two settings would be really flexible. 
    The pitch stuff sounds great and def something I would use a lot. Fast and dirty algo for high gain and the slow one for cleans

stickyfiddle said:

Thinking further on this, if Flux can be switched via MIDI, is there a controller that could be programmed to activate Flux when you step on it and deactivate Flux when you release it?
    I'm not sure what this type of switching is called, it probably has a name. Like a momentary switch that issues a pulse on state change. Might be possible with a simple external footswitch and some clever electronics?
    edited January 5

That sounds encouraging. Great shout with the flux to switch between two settings - sort of like a Strymon with a Favourite switch. A delay or an overdrive with two settings would be really flexible. 
    Exactly - it could make a really good "sonic madness button" for the end of a big outro etc, maybe to do something like the Tom Scholz hyperspace sort of thing. Need to have a play with it to see

I also haven't check how quickly the Flux can ramp up/down yet but I assume almost instantly at the most extreme, because L6 are usually v good at thinking this stuff through.

Can't play while in the office but I can read the manual... 

EDIT: someone one reddit suggested this for a full fat Helix using the expression pedal. No reason you can't build the same thing with Flux

Hyperspace Pedal Formula for Helix - Transistor Tape Delay best used in front of the amp. Expression Pedal will control Time, Feedback and Mix. Time (Toe - 50ms / Heal - 600ms), Feedback (Toe - 100% / Heal - 0%), Wow/Fletter - 3.6, Mix (Toe - 100% / Heal 0%), everything else leave the same and I highly recommend leaving Trails Off. Make sure you save the patch or snapshot in heel down. Enjoy!
    Also can I just add that this thing (as do all Helix products) has some of the nicest-feeling clicky buttons I've ever experienced, including music kit, hifi, mobile phones, cars, etc etc. Someone at Line6 decided how these buttons should feel and that person deserves genuine and hearty praise. I cannot stress this enough. 
    roberty said:

stickyfiddle said:

I'm not sure what this type of switching is called, it probably has a name. Like a momentary switch that issues a pulse on state change. Might be possible with a simple external footswitch and some clever electronics?
    That's what I'm thinking. It may well already be doable with some kind of existing MIDI device - I really don't know. It may even be possible using a trad aux switch within HX1's settings already. I haven't got to that part of the manual yet. But if not, it may be something they could add later via a firmware update, as it'd be really useful if doable!