Do you have any artist signature guitars in your collection?

What's Hot
Always interesting to see what people have.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    edited November 2023
    Les Paul (though the 61 SG variant, before renamed SG), Tal Farlow and a Byrdland
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 174
    No, but I’d love a Robert Cray Strat, which is probably the only sig I’d be interested in. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    edited November 2023
    Yes….the favoured weapon of the mighty Lerxst….

AKA Gibson Custom Shop Alex Lifeson Axcess Les Paul.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11708
    Nope - they're all my signatures these days :-)
  • Currently a Roxy pink silver sky and a Noel G Riviera, but I’ve had loads. About 5 slash’s, Bonamassas x3, tweedy SG, and probably loads more I can’t recall. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Les Paul technically counts...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 961
    edited November 2023
    Always interesting to see what people have.
    Aria Pro II Michael Schenker V

Epiphone Popa Chubby V

Still looking for a John 5 Tele Deluxe (3 pick ups) and an ESP Kamikaze IV that doesn´t cost more than a used car.

Edit, totally forgot about my Ibanez Paul Gilbert.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2942
    Reverend Reeves Gabrels Spacehawk:

Not really a fan of Reeves Gabrels, but it combines many things I like into one guitar, and it is unusual amongst 'signature' guitars in being a unique design, albeit based on the Sensei shape. It's roughly 335 sized, semi-hollow, but with a strat-like body carve - which I've not seen on any prior large semi-hollow guitar, but adds enormously to the comfort. Other plusses for me: Six-a-side headstock, ebony board, dot inlays, rail hammer pickups, phase switching/kill switch, bass contour, Bigsby (in the right location - not too close to the bridge), 60s styling references and purple burst finish... Gotta give Gabrels credit where it's due. ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    Fender Ben Gibbard Mustang - beautiful lightweight ash tone machine, definitely optimised for live playing which I don't really do, but it's fun to cop Death Cab riffs on it

Fidelity J. Wilgoose Esq. (Public Service Broadcasting) Double Standard, I have the first version with a Mastery - they went to a Descendant in 2021 for reasons, I guess. But I doubt there are many of these out there! 

Gibson Collector's Choice Tom Scholz Les Paul - though I see this as less of a signature model and more of an era replica, since he doesn't play anything that remotely looks like it anymore and hasn't in decades.

• neil_dneil_d Frets: 18
    Moved on my Emily Wolfe Sheraton, but now have a Brad Paisley Telecaster.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14433
    I have a bitsa bass, consisting of a Squier Chris Aiken P neck on a modified Jazz body from the Signature company, sporting EMG-GZR pickups. The ergonomics of the Reggie Hamilton model crossed with the looks of the Geddy Lee. Just needs an alchemical decal.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I’ve got a PRS Brent Mason signature, acquired from the classifieds. It was the one that got away for nearly a decade after trying one in Tone World (RIP) in Ancoats back when they first came out and hesitating over buying it. Really glad to finally have one - it just feels right. 
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    I have lots!

Music Man Luke 3
    Music Man EVH
    Music Man Steve Morse
    Music Man Majesty
    Ibanez JS2450 Satriani
    Ibanez PGM301

The majority of them are not a standard model with a name slapped on, certainly the case with the Musin man guitars as they are designed from the ground up with the artist.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5630
    Another Lerxst signature of a different kind here, the gold hardware hasn't aged well unfortunately.

I do wonder whether I should sell it or not, it doesn't get much use these days, but I always regret that move so will hang on to it unless somebody offers me daft money.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do these count? I have a few now... 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11708
    Do these count? I have a few now... 

Tom's?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Epiphone Tony Iommi SG
    Epiphone Les Paul goldtop

er...that's it.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    I've got two ESP LTD Michael Amott signatures - I'm a massive Arch Enemy fan and it's a unique shape. I genuinely think it's the coolest looking flying V derivative there has ever been, which makes their short production run all the more disappointing.

As an aside, I've always fantasised about ordering a custom one from ESP one day, but I've spoken to another fan who tried that and they wouldn't do it, as Michael took the shape with him when he left for Dean... except Dean made it uglier, because Dean.

Assuming we're not really counting all Les Pauls, I have got a Slash signature. Not necessarily for the Slash connection - he literally just plays Les Pauls with different pickups, so I don't really see the point from a specs standpoint - but as soon as I saw the Anaconda Burst finish I fell for it. So I just see it as a Les Paul in a colour I really like; I've taken the Slash pickups out because I find they just sound like Slash all the time (surprise surprise).

Previously I owned a PRS SE Bernie Marsden, which I bought for the Bernie connection and to have something as a backup to my main Les Paul. In the end I realised I was always disappointed it didn't feel or quite sound like a Les Paul so it went in favour of more Les Pauls.

I also had an ESP LTD Stephen Carpenter sig, the SC607B, but that was purely on specs. It was a baritone 7 that popped up when I was first experimenting with 7s. Bloody brilliant-feeling guitar, but the middle pickup instead of a neck was annoying so I traded it for a PRS 7 -string. I haven't liked any Deftones I've heard, though. (not my pic, pinched from web search)

Tim
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Several Les Pauls, 2 Specials and a Deluxe, 2 Musicman Albert Lee models, an SSS and an HH, an 88 Clapton Strat, a Japanese Hank Marvin Strat, a 65 Chet Atkins Tennesean and a 70s Ovation Glen Campbell acoustic.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited November 2023
    A couple, and have had others in the past.

Currently a Kotzen Tele and an EBMM Axis (not strictly a sig, but..).

I owned an ibanez JS1000 (Satch) and Pat Pending Black Peavey Wolfgang in the 90s.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom