Do you have any artist signature guitars in your collection?

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7528
    If a Les Paul still counts, one of those. 

PRS DGT def counts.

And I did once have a Larry Carlton 335 but that was just because it was a GORGEOUS 335, not for the player association 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I got the EOB Strat which is a great recording tool

Also the Reverend Bob Balch because I took lessons from him for a good few years and I thought it would be nice to have. It's basically an improved SG, better pickups, better ergonomics, just better. I didn't want to buy it when I was actually getting lessons from him because that would have been weird. I fitted a 'Fuck Off' toggle ring to it because I'm basically a child

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 369
    I don't, but I am perpetually half on the look out for a Billy Corgan Strat or a Cobain Jaguar...

Mostly because of the pickup configurations.
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23023
    mo6020 said:
    I don't, but I am perpetually half on the look out for a Billy Corgan Strat or a Cobain Jaguar...

I've got the Billy Corgan DiMarzio pickup set, but I haven't put them in a guitar yet.
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 369
    Philly_Q said:
    mo6020 said:

I've got the Billy Corgan DiMarzio pickup set, but I haven't put them in a guitar yet.
    That's my backup plan. I have an old Strat copy (my first guitar, actually) here that I could put them in and give a new lease of life to, but I'm too lazy to every follow through with the idea...
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited February 12
    Here’s my list of Epiphone signatures.
    Japanese Lynyrd Skynyrd 2003 30th Anniversary gold top Les Paul.
    Jared James Nichols Gold Glory Les Paul custom.
    Noel Gallagher Riviera.
    Billie Joe Armstrong Classic White Les Paul Junior.
    Joan Jett Signature Olympic white special.
    Slash November Burst Les Paul.
    Slash Victoria Gold Top Les Paul Standard.
    Nancy Wilson Fanatic Outfit Fire Burst.
    Others.
    Vintage V100 Midge Ure Trev Wilkinson Gold Top with Vibrola.
    Squire J Mascis Jazzmaster.
      PRS Zach Myers 594 Myers blue.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    Helps when it's truly beautiful!
    I absolutely love that! /\
    Thanks guys :smile:

Offset said:
    Not too sure what genre you'd play on that but blimey, that's stunning.
    Thank you! Anything you want… just as long as you don’t need a bridge pickup or have to do much bending :wink:
  • In the past I've had a couple of Ibanez JEMs (555WH and 7BSB), PRS Tremonti SE and USA, and have access to a Schecter 006 Terry Corso (Alien Ant Farm).

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28580
    I had an Ibanez MMM1. It was a fantastic baritone. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 232
    edited February 18
    Ibanez AH10 Allan Holdsworth
    Ernie Ball Musicman EVH
    Ernie Ball Musicman Luke
    Fender Eric Johnson strat (twice)
    Fender Jeff Beck strat (twice)
    Martin 000-18MC Martin Carthy (twice)
    PRS DGT

and a Les Paul eons ago but not counting that.

All long gone: Only signature guitar I have now is a John Mayer Silver Sky (had that twice as well). 
  • Currently: Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Firebird 1
    Previously: PRS DGT & EVH Circles 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3037
    edited November 2023
    A lot more than I thought, in my defense:

1, A lot of ''signature guitars'' I think of as models just like I do Les Pauls, SGs, 3X5s, and so forth, for example how many other guitarists who have a signature Fender Strat, signature Strat is basically the Eric Clapton signature with a few tweaks, Buddy Guy identical except for the finish Pete Towns, different colour and piezo pickup, and so forth.

2, I was given a lot as gifts, in Asia it's custom to never show up to a meeting without a gift - the saying is actually ''it's bad luck to show up to a business meeting empty handed'', so as the people I did business with got to know me better, the gifts became more ''personal'', so instead of the standard high end watch, I'd be given guitars instead.

3, I was given some by the guitarist themself, so I don't think of these guitars as ''my'' guitars, rather I still sort of think or rather consider them to belong to the people who gave them to me.  Nor do I actually consider or think of these as guitars anymore.  Akerfeldt had me in stitches, before his was available in the shops for sale, he stopped using it and had switched to one of the first ME1s - I think it may have even been one of the prototypes he switched over that early and fast.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23023
    1, A lot of ''signature guitars'' I think of as models just like I do Les Pauls, SGs, 3X5s, and so forth, for example how many other guitarists who have a signature Fender Strat, signature Strat is basically the Eric Clapton signature with a few tweaks, Buddy Guy identical except for the finish Pete Towns, different colour and piezo pickup, and so forth.

Are you saying all Strats are basically modified Clapton signature Strats?  That's reverse engineering taken to extremes.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3037
    edited November 2023
    Philly_Q said:

Are you saying all Strats are basically modified Clapton signature Strats?  That's reverse engineering taken to extremes.
    No what I'm saying is a lot of signature guitar specs have become so common that I consider the signature guitar itself to be a model.  Eric Clapton's signature Strat with the mid boost circuit for example, those specs have been used by so many other guitarists who have a signature Fender Strat, with perhaps a tweak or 2.  Buddy Guy's signature Strat for example, is identical except that it has the pokka dot finish.  P.T. of The Who signature Strat, is based off of Eric Clapton's, he's done interviews where he's said as much, though it's got a red finish, piezo pickup, and fourth knob for the piezo pickup, that's the only differences between his and Eric Clapton's.  That Eric Clapton's signature Strat may as well be classed as a model in it's own right like the  Player model, Performer model, and so forth. Les Paul's signature guitar, has become a model in it's own right with dozens of price points, variations, specs, and other people's take and interpretations of it, and that's just the real ones made by Gibson.

• No, but I have a Kim Thayil Guild S-100 on the way. Look out for the NGD. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7361
    One of these. Schecter Keith Merrow 7 string. I've no idea who he is other than a YouTube guy, but he's spec'd a nice guitar.

https://i.postimg.cc/7ZG2X7V8/p3tkutcqcblosahkmsvv.jpg
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5515
    ^ Going by the colour, I'd say he lives in Chernobyl and doesn't require external stage lighting.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    edited December 2023
    I forgot, I once had one of the original  Satriani Chrome Boys, and I met Joe and he signed it on the back of the headstock, it was the one that Guitarist magazine reviewed. 

I think Ibanez stated that they would only make 300 (or 500) and it took about 2 years for it to arrive after I’d ordered it. 

Fabulous guitar to look at but I sold it after I realised it was too expensive for me to gig with. 

Ibanez then went back on their word and released another 1000 (maybe more) which had a more reliable chrome finish (the first batch were prone to peeling) 

I still have a photo of me and Satch with the guitar though. 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3144
    edited December 2023
    Thinking about this, most signature guitars are really only basic models with idiosyncratic tweaks. Apart from Nuno’s N4 , Eddie Van Halen Musicman,( the Peavey Wolfgang was just basically a copy of the Musicman)and Steve Vai’s Jem I’m struggling to think of an original design signature . Leaving the Les Paul out of it of course
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Thinking about this, most signature guitars are really only basic models with idiosyncratic tweaks. Apart from Nuno’s N4 , Eddie Van Halen Musicman,( the Peavey Wolfgang was just basically a copy of the Musicman)and Steve Vai’s Jem I’m struggling to think of an original design signature . Leaving the Les Paul out of it of course
    I think the Jackson RR is enough of a departure to be its own thing, as is the MM Albert Lee perhaps? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom