Do you have any artist signature guitars in your collection?

What's Hot

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    I am reminded that I also have this John Lennon Les Paul Junior, albeit I'm not sure that the talented if flawed genius ever actually got to endorse the thing...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4935
    Nope - it's not my thing.

Celeb/artist-wise: I do have an MP40 pedal, a synth which belonged to Nektar, and a bit of Ritchie Blackmore's guitar from the Rainbow Rising tour.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23022
    Lewy said:
    Thinking about this, most signature guitars are really only basic models with idiosyncratic tweaks. Apart from Nuno’s N4 , Eddie Van Halen Musicman,( the Peavey Wolfgang was just basically a copy of the Musicman)and Steve Vai’s Jem I’m struggling to think of an original design signature . Leaving the Les Paul out of it of course
    I think the Jackson RR is enough of a departure to be its own thing, as is the MM Albert Lee perhaps? 
    Tosin Abasi's guitars have all been very different from anything else on the market.  And most of the Music Man sig models - I suppose if you strip it right down they're all Strat/Tele variations, but the Valentine, Luke, Albert Lee, Axis/EVH, St Vincent and the various Petrucci models all have unique body shapes.  And going way, way back, Steve Stevens' first Hamer signature was like nothing else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 700
    Offset said:
    Do these count? I have a few now... 

Tom's?
    Jimmy? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 176
    Philly_Q said:

I do have heroes, but I can't play like them and certainly wouldn't believe that buying their signature guitars would make me play like them.  The only sig guitars I've owned are a Robert Cray Strat (nice talented chap but I've no interest in his music), Jimmie Vaughan Strat (I have a couple of his albums but I'm not a big fan) and my Lee Roy Parnell CS-336 (I believe he's a blues/country guy but I've never heard any of his music).  I bought the guitars for the specs/features, not the artist association.
    Funnily enough I found out about Robert Cray via his signature Strat - I’d never knowingly heard of him in my life, but I was interested in a hardtail Strat and read about his sig.

A bit later, I found a copy of Strong Persuader on CD at the car boot, and recognising the name thought I’d give it a try for £1. I have about six of his albums now. Great clean tone and a fantastic voice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Noel Gallagher ES-355 and artist proof Epiphone Supernova.

I did have a reissue Noel Gallagher Epiphone Riviera, but sold this shortly after purchase.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    ^
    You could add the musicman St Vincent to that list plus also those Tosin Abassi models?

• zerolightzerolight Frets: 85
    edited December 2023
    Both my guitars are signatures, an EVH USA Wolfgang Steath and a Knaggs SSC (NAMM Prototype). 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5542
    edited December 2023
    Thinking about this, most signature guitars are really only basic models with idiosyncratic tweaks. Apart from Nuno’s N4 , Eddie Van Halen Musicman,( the Peavey Wolfgang was just basically a copy of the Musicman)and Steve Vai’s Jem I’m struggling to think of an original design signature . Leaving the Les Paul out of it of course
    Matt Bellamy's Manson guitars are his own design and often feature integrated Fuzz Factory and Kaoss pad circuitry. Real innovation.
  • IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 158
    edited December 2023
    Fender CS Jim Campilongo 59 tele. Signature guitars aren’t really my cup of tea, and although I’m huge a fan of Campilongo it holds its own as a sublime telecaster , under 7lb with a few tweaks only found on this model.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11927
    Darren said:
    Own a ESP George Lynch Kamikaze.

This one is from 1987 prior to it being an actual signature model. MIJ - No sig on the headstock - Stock ESP pickups (although I have swapped out neck single coil for a SD Quarter Pounder) Top mounted Floyd Rose. Had this guitar now 2 years next month.

Very cool indeed - but unless I'm going blind, where's the p/up selector?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23022
    Offset said:
    Darren said:
    Own a ESP George Lynch Kamikaze.

This one is from 1987 prior to it being an actual signature model. MIJ - No sig on the headstock - Stock ESP pickups (although I have swapped out neck single coil for a SD Quarter Pounder) Top mounted Floyd Rose. Had this guitar now 2 years next month.

Very cool indeed - but unless I'm going blind, where's the p/up selector?
    Push-pull in the volume control - so it's either/or, not both.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Always interesting to see what people have.
    I have a few Chet Atkins style guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Four more have been added since Christmas.
    Fender RW Joe Strummer Telecaster.
    Fender Joe Strummer Campfire electro acoustic.
    Fender 30th Annaversary Screamadelica Stratocaster.
    Epiphone Tommy Thayer Electric Blue Les Paul.

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    I now have 2 more Sigs tp partner my Cray Strat

Epi Billy Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior
    Jared James Nichols Gold Glory Carved Top Les Paul Junior
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • J Mascis Jazzmaster and PRS SE Silver Sky.

Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete.RPete.R Frets: 399
    edited February 12
    I had a few 'signature' guitars in the past,
    €pi B.B.King Lucille for many years,
    €pi Tak Matsumot DC-Custom
    Fender James Adkins JA90 Semihollow Tele
    Squier John5 Black&Chrome Tele

currently just one, an €pi Dave Navarro 'Jane' E-Acoustic

never bought any of them because of the artist - always because of the specs and looks of the guitar

• NightswanNightswan Frets: 1401
    Ibanez Jem77-FP

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7082
    Well, there’s these two - Nuno’s Washburn N4 and the Brian May Red Special.

One of them is simplicity itself, the other has a marvellously baffling range of pickup combinations.  Both are excellent.

I also have my Les Paul wired up a la Jimmy Page, but it’s not really a ‘signature’ guitar as such.

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    I’ve always fancied a Brian May but the amount of switching combinations put me off.
    I like the pickups and have a few Burns guitars with them.