Do you have any artist signature guitars in your collection?

What's Hot

Comments

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2481
    Ibanez TOD10N
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    Haych said:
    Another Lerxst signature of a different kind here, the gold hardware hasn't aged well unfortunately.

I do wonder whether I should sell it or not, it doesn't get much use these days, but I always regret that move so will hang on to it unless somebody offers me daft money.

Haych- if ever you do sell it, do inbox me.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    My Dingwall 5-string bass is technically a Nolly Getgood signature but most people just call it an NG - specifically it’s an NG2 5.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day Les Paul Junior. Don't play it much though.
  • Current: Music Man Majesty various and a JP15

Have had: JEM and Universe

Artist signature is not a purchase decision though - they are simply better than anything else for what I require (be that from the rest of the Music Man range or any other manufacturers).
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    A much-modified Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Current: Music Man Majesty various and a JP15

Have had: JEM and Universe

Artist signature is not a purchase decision though - they are simply better than anything else for what I require (be that from the rest of the Music Man range or any other manufacturers).

This. I don't like Teles, and gold hardware,  but I love the Kotzen Tele.

Richie's name had zero to do with my buying it.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    edited November 2023
    I have a Vintage brand Peter Green Distressed ‘Lemon Drop’ guitar if that counts? Not an official collaboration though.

https://www.jhs.co.uk/collections/vintage/products/vintage-v100-icon-electric-guitar

• This year, I have mostly been playing my Fender Jim Adkins:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Fender Eric Johnson strat, widely acknowledged to be one of the better Fenders before you get into CS world. 
    I'm not a strat guy but that thing rips.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited November 2023
    Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC
    MusicMan Luke III
    Ibanez JS-1200
    Jackson Rob Caggiano Shadowcaster
    Gibson Les Paul Junior Special

I didn't realise I had so many and none were bought particularly because of artist association, they are all just bloody great guitars.

• CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    I have a Reverend Reeves Gabrels despite not knowing any of his stuff, a J. Mascis Squier Jazzmaster that I bought by accident and a J. Mascis sparkly blue Fender Telecaster, which I used to adore when I was a teenager and had to have as a 40-something when it was commercially released. 

I thought I wanted a Jim Root Charvel but tried two and didn't get on with them and I'm pretty sure I want a Johnny Marr Jaguar in every colour. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    I get to show my one and only picture again (actually I used to have one of my brown Mira as well, but I think that's disappeared off the internet).

Gibson Lee Roy Parnell CS-336.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Currently I have a Brad Paisley signature Esquire and a Silver Sky SE.

Previously I’ve owned EBMM Luke, EBMM Albert Lee, EBMM Axis (technically not, but we all know it is), PRS Bernie Marsden, PRS Zach Myers, Squier Simon Neil strat and a couple of Les Pauls.

Never realised until now how many I’d owned. Most were bought because they were quite simply bloody good guitars rather than because of the signature connection. Although I will admit to being a big fan of Paisley, Lee, Marsden & Luke.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4215
    edited November 2023
    By my reckoning I’ve had 3 …. A Joe Bonamassa 335, a Gibson Lucille and a US Malmsteen Strat. I still have and love the Strat but the others are gone. I don’t play anything like the pouting Swedish loon, but I do love his playing and I love the specs on this strat, namely the scalloped neck, massive frets, pickups, machine screw neck attachment and nitro finish on the neck. And the looks obvs.

I added the hot rails in the bridge but will be going back to the original soon. 

Edit: actually I’ve had 5 because I’ve had a couple of Reverend Gristlemasters too (Greg Koch sigs). They moved on too, but mainly because I need the cash at the time and knew I’d be able to buy ones exactly the same in the future if I wanted.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • More than intended...and none bought for fan-boi reasons:
    Bensusan, Lage, Marr, Grissom, Bonamassa, Govan, Les Paul(?), Vai

Sounds like a line-up for the 'big jam' at a guitar convention where they all end up soloing over 'Rockin' in the Free World'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Only one (and i think the only one i've ever purchased)

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4827
    PRS Silver Sky and a Suhr Pete Thorn, both excellent guitars and about perfect for the brief of the artists.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1726
    edited November 2023

I have had lots of Hamer Steve Stevens 1 Models - which are bloody wonderful things.

I kept one which is in the super cool in its Jon O'Connor Marble - its on the far right in this group shot:

And this Jeff Watson Model, which was never on the price lists and special order only. There were a few dozen ever made, and only two with Floyd Roses, of which mine is one. It has an above average top for a Hamer of this era (89-93), which normally had mega tops as standard.

I love this guitar and play it all the time

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom