Do you have any artist signature guitars in your collection?

What's Hot

Comments

• AornicAornic Frets: 480
    Many honestly.

Reverend Billy Corgan BC-1
    PRS Silver Sky
    Ibanez JEM
    ESP KH-2
    LTD Snakebyte

Bit of a cheat but I put together a partscaster based on Gilmour's Red Strat, with his EMG pickups.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3343
    Yeah I have these 2

In the past I’ve had a Kurt Cobain Jaguar and mustang , a mark tremonti LP and a Shaun Morgan schecter. 
    The two SS’s above are about as perfect for my needs as I can get without spending silly amounts of money. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3144
    edited November 2023

My Musicman Y2D , it might be a pic of @BigAl100 ’s as his is almost identical!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've owned 2 Les Pauls, 2 PRS DGTs and a Yamaha Nathan East bass. I still have one Les Paul and the N East bass.  In no case did the signature make me more likely to buy the instrument: I'd hardly paid any attention to East before buying and I knew I wanted a Les Paul and later a DGT before I knew anything about the players they were named after.

There are some players whose signature models I wouldn't buy, no matter how good the guitar.  Not necessarily because I didn't like the player, more because I would feel that having the guitar would imply something about my playing or taste that wasn't true.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Current: Music Man Majesty various and a JP15

Have had: JEM and Universe

Artist signature is not a purchase decision though - they are simply better than anything else for what I require (be that from the rest of the Music Man range or any other manufacturers).
    Doh!! And as if to demonstrate the common theme here - I missed a couple because I don't even think of them as signature models - PRS SE Holcomb 6 and 7 string one of each. Bit ordinary and not even close when compared to the Music Man models I have but bought for specs above anything else.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72530

Patrick James Eggle parlour, Jake Bugg signature model. I am a fan, although that's not really why I bought it, I just liked it as a guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve got a Slash Appetite although it’s up for sale . Also had an Yngwie Japanese Strat 
      I Really Like Ibanez Jems too . 
  • SRD81SRD81 Frets: 328
    Michael Landau ‘63 Strat. Not a massive fan, just liked the guitar and it’s a belter!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 717
    Hmmm, just one so far.  A LTD Bill Kelliher Eclipse in drab green.

• Offset said:
    Do these count? I have a few now... 

Tom's?
    Ha! No. He was my grandfather… !!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 345
    I've always thought signature guitars are rather silly as invariably the artist didn't use them for their seminal material, rather they got a signature after they were known. So I only have three, Akerfeldt, Akesson, Kotzen.

Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • Pete.RPete.R Frets: 401
    I had an €piphone B.B.King Lucille for many years,
    meanwhile only one 'Signature Guitar' in my collection, €pi Dave Navarro 'Jane'
    I really don't care about it being someones signature - I just like the specs of the guitar

• I never really liked the idea of signature guitars, but I finally succumbed. It couldn’t be anything else for me.

https://i.imgur.com/5T4dEl6.jpg
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 954
    Had a PRS SE Zach Myers, but no more.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2300

Yeah

I couldn't resist this Eric Johnson Strat in EC "Blackie" configuration. My first maple neck Strat ever. formerly owned by  one @JohnCordy  (thanks John). Got it for the superb specs and pickups and it hasn't disappointed. I floated the trem because a Strat without trem makes no sense to me and never has,  Not a massive Strat guy these days more Teles and P90 guitars, but this is a lovely guitar 

pics

IMG_7148JPG

IMG_7136JPG
    IMG_7144JPG
    IMG_7146JPG IMG_7147JPG
    IMG_7151JPG
    IMG_7161JPG
    IMG_7170JPG
    IMG_7169JPG
    IMG_7166JPG
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Les Paul and Musicman Albert Lee HH
  • Seeing some of these Akerfeldt models is making me (again) regret never picking one up...
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    Ernie Ball MusicMan EVH - Because it’s Eddie and it’s an excellent guitar.
    PRS DGT - Because it’s an excellent reliable and versatile guitar to gig with.

• GemsdalsGemsdals Frets: 113
    Bigsby said:
    Reverend Reeves Gabrels Spacehawk:

Not really a fan of Reeves Gabrels, but it combines many things I like into one guitar, and it is unusual amongst 'signature' guitars in being a unique design, albeit based on the Sensei shape. It's roughly 335 sized, semi-hollow, but with a strat-like body carve - which I've not seen on any prior large semi-hollow guitar, but adds enormously to the comfort. Other plusses for me: Six-a-side headstock, ebony board, dot inlays, rail hammer pickups, phase switching/kill switch, bass contour, Bigsby (in the right location - not too close to the bridge), 60s styling references and purple burst finish... Gotta give Gabrels credit where it's due. ;) 
    I have the same. Cracking guitar.

https://i.imgur.com/Z2im1i7.jpg
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited November 2023
    I imported my Kotzen from Ishibashi back in March 2005. It was my main guitar for about a decade. I also had a Kotzen Strat. But my brother owns it now. I’m not particularly a fan. I just wanted a tele with a chunky neck & big frets. To me it’s more like a Les Paul than a Tele. The amount of midrange coming from it acoustically is insane. 

I did try out a Gibson Alex Lifeson Les Paul some years ago as I’m a massive Rush fan & we just didn’t bond.