Do you have any artist signature guitars in your collection?

What's Hot

Comments

• NightswanNightswan Frets: 1368
    Ibanez Jem7-BSB

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NCoNCo Frets: 160
    Nightswan said:
    NCo said:
    My number 1, not exactly a signature, but definitely inspired by:

https://imgur.com/WF6dBC4

Edit: FFS, will never be able to embed am image lol.
    I use Postimages which is a free Image hosting site. So on Postimages  Upload your pic and copy the Direct Link. Then click on the Attach image/file icon on your Fretboard Forum post. Paste your direct link url into the drop down bar and hit the Space bar on your keyboard and your pic will upload. Hope this helps!!

Stellar, thank you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    edited February 23
    I'd feel like I looked like a Fanboy with many of the Signature models on sale: standard designs with a tweak and the artist name way too prominently painted on

Generally I'd only go for one if I thought it offered something really different.
    Hence PM120, played as Metheny's main guitar for decades
    and the EOB strat. I've had 2-3 guitars with sustainers, pickups and electronics always not  right. I felt confident that fender and EOB would not screw it up. Mostly right: the mid and bridge pickups are too weedy. I moved the bridge (which is actually a SD middle pickup) to the middle, and put a hot rails on the bridge. Also the pickups respond differently to the tone control, which is annoying. I don't mind the ultra thick neck.

I also bought a PRS SE SS, which I have not grown to love yet tbh

I did get signature DG20 pickup sets which are amazing 

I would have bought a Vai Jem if I liked Floyd Roses and those HSH metal pickups, I tried a Prestige Japanese model with vintage trem, but hated the pickups anyway. Also the neck was so thin my hand hurt from playing it

I saw a Joe Pass Ibanez in Sounds Great for £700 I think. Should have bought it but I had loads of semis at the time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    edited February 19
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783

• vizviz Frets: 10696
    Nightswan said:
    Ibanez Jem7-BSB

NICE. I have one of them, courtesy of Vibetronic, and a couple of other Jems, plus one of Steve Vai’s amps. Jems are ace. Carvin Legacies are ace. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    Nightswan said:
    Ibanez Jem7-BSB

NICE. I have one of them, courtesy of Vibetronic, and a couple of other Jems, plus one of Steve Vai’s amps. Jems are ace. Carvin Legacies are ace. 
    Have you got any pics of your Jems? Would love to see them.
  • guitarmanessex89guitarmanessex89 Frets: 149
    edited February 20
    3 Les Pauls, just sold a Lincoln Brewster Strat and Frankie relic, still have an early DGT. 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I have a PRS Tremonti SE in a rather fetching green quilt veneer. I’m not a big Mark Tremonti fan boy, I just fancied a single cut with a trem! I had a pair of Oil City Blue Streak pickups in my parts drawer, bought in one of Ash’s clear out sales. The SE 245 pickups were a bit meh (though not bad) so I swapped them out and the guitar is a beast now!

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    I've got a snappily named Duesenberg Alliance Starplayer TV Mike Campbell 40th Anniversary Signature model.  Not particularly a Mike Campbell/Tom Petty fan but I was after a Starplayer TV and the MC40 has a finish I like.

At some point when I've money to waste I might buy a plain replacement scratch plate without the signature and switch them over. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    1992 Ibanez Reb Beach Voyager:

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
    Currently only own a Silver Sky SE and a Bernie Marsden Singlecut.

I have owned a:
    Brad Paisley Esquire,
    4 Bernie Marsden Singlecuts, I still have one. 
    Two different EVH super strats striped and Circles.
    A Fender Rory Gallagher custom shop Strat and a Gibson Les Paul Boneyard Joe Perry (I should have kept both as they are like hen’s teeth now)
    A core Santana PRS.
    Also owned a PRS Singlecut made for Martin Barre.
    And an SG previously owned by Gary Moore 
    but those don’t really count but I thought I’d just mention them.
  • amyjhillamyjhill Frets: 28
    I’ve got two currently - Joe Strummer Tele and the Emily Wolfe Epiphone. I’m considering saving for the Jason Isbell Telecaster 
  • I currently have…

2022 Martin Rich Robinson D28 - liked the guitar, not really a big fan of the Black Crowes

2014 Gibson Trini Lopez - liked the guitar, not that aware of his music and not really a big fan of The Foo Fighters either. 

2022 Epiphone Riviera Noel Gallagher signature model - massive fan boy, bought on that basis only but turned out to be a fantastic guitar. I managed to get one of the first run from Peach when they were first released. 

I’ve also had a couple of JM jags, a Inoran Jazzmaster and multiple Les Pauls (are we counting them as a signature still?) over the years. 
  • RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 272
    edited March 3
    Martin Clapton acoustic. Probably my inherently “best” guitar and the last I’d sell (I don’t think Les Pauls realistically count here).
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3248
    Martin Clapton acoustic...
    Eric's brother?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3454
    Behold, my 15c Vihuela , its a Kieth Richards signature model, from around 1480.

And here is Kieth Richards putting it through its paces.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MarchMarch Frets: 286
    So far I have...

Ibanez LB1 Lari Basillio
    Gibson 335 Warren Haynes
    EVH Wolfgang Special
    EVH Frankenstein
    PRS SE Mike Mushok

Honourable mention... Gibson R9 Les Paul Texas Burst Ltd. So, a slightly confused combination of a sig Les Paul based on Billy Gibbons 'Pearly Gates' guitar. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Thought Id best share photos…
    Cray Strat

Jarred James Nichols Epi Gold Glory

Billy Joe Armstrong Epi LPJ

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22858
    ^^ @paulnb57 they look like they have halos around their headstocks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom