Gibson Garage, London...

What's Hot

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    It's another M&M store
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18778
    And this is the Chibson room...

Almost stopped watching when he said 'London, England' (as opposed to all the other Londons - fecking Americans) but he pulled it out of the fire with his blocking/timing of the intro patter to finish up at the door at the exact correct time, which was actually some good direction and pointed to the video being worth a look.

I'm sure I'd have a nosey if I ever got down to the Smoke, but I don't work there any longer (used to work right around that spot), so I dunno when or if I'll get the opportunity any time soon.

You might just want to cut him some slack there (nah, me neither) :-D
    https://www.wanderlust.co.uk/content/londons-around-the-world/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4828
    edited February 23
    Are those the best two people they could come up with ??
    I guess all the English greats were to busy or dead.
    Nice to see a few of my Epiphones on display and my latest sparkly electric blue Tommy Thayer Les Paul hanging on the wall.
    What?

Two of the best Gibson playing guitarists and songwriters of the last 20 years+? Wow some folk are ridiculous sometimes, aside from the slight irony that Justin now has a sig Atkin, and plays a Charvel a lot, they've more or less played Les Paul's since the start, Dan generally plays nothing else. Perfect choice really, and they've sold a shit load of records, Noel Gallagher has been involved as well with his charity auction.

Who else would they pick who is British and not dead? There's only Jimmy left really, Clapton has been Fender for years now and the rest are gone.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 23
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    In my opinion, the more Gibson carry on like this, the less they appeal to the younger musicians.

There is something incredibly uncool about the whole Dad-rock of this video. Cringey....yes.

I've lost all respect for Agnesi, not that I had any for him since he moved to Gibson. Just another boys club wannabe rock star. 

Darkness - excellent musicians, still a pretty big band, but c'mon, read the market Gibson. New younger players don't just play generic rock. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Good shout, not seen that, although TBF I don't recall Brian rocking a burst.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    mrkb said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    Hey everyone - Gibson has opened a t-shirt store in central London.  =)
    I hope they sell branded slippers as well ;)
    It’s pronounced gaarAAAhhge
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1216
    mrkb said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    I would 100% buy them
    Dont worry, be silly.
    swiller said:
    mrkb said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    I would 100% buy them
    I'll think I'll wait until my new special gold sneakers wear out before buying the slippers...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    swiller said:
    mrkb said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    I would 100% buy them
    Enjoy!!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TBF, I'm not averse to criticising Gibson as some of the stuff they do and have done previously is frankly daft, but they're always damned if they do, damned if they don't.

It looks great in the video, it's a space for guitars that's been finished to a high standard, and celebrating the electric guitar. You might not like Gibson but in fairness I think its a good thing, especially as they've  all moved into the lifestyle arena anyway. Why not have this shop around, I'll definitely be paying a visit when I'm in Larndan.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Gibson Garage?

They can't fix yer brakes.
    You ask 'em, "where's my motor?"
    Well, it was eaten by snakes.
    You can stab 'n' shoot 'n' spit
    But they won't be fixing it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited February 23
    And this is the Chibson room...

Almost stopped watching when he said 'London, England' (as opposed to all the other Londons - fecking Americans) but he pulled it out of the fire with his blocking/timing of the intro patter to finish up at the door at the exact correct time, which was actually some good direction and pointed to the video being worth a look.

I'm sure I'd have a nosey if I ever got down to the Smoke, but I don't work there any longer (used to work right around that spot), so I dunno when or if I'll get the opportunity any time soon.

Fully agree. I want Feline to open a store in NYC, and have a secret room that you access via a yellow cab that is an authentic (sic) American diner, complete with Jukebox full of Elvis and Chuck Berry records.

Maybe if they'd had some authentic (sic) British people on the decision making committee?

I like Justin Hawkins, but I'm guessing Jimmy Page, Noel Gallagher and Paul McCartney were not available
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    It’s just a brand store. But it’s a brand store for a brand I really like, so I think it’s ace.

And that’s how brand stores work. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Just missed it in my monthly work London trip last week, excited to check out next time I'm down. Not that I can afford anything I'd want, but it just looks like a cool shop.

Loved Agnesi not getting the Hawkins' sense of humour at all for most of the video.

Thank god it's the weekend, you lot can all have a nice long lie-in after all the extra opportunities Gibson have given you to whinge repetitively this week  ;) I'm sure there'll be more Gibson news next Tuesday too, so don't over exert yourselves.
    Tim
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 283
    the_jaffa said:
    What's with the ridiculous, Tory Cabinet Minister, wide leg stance in the thumbnail for the vid?
    Are they imitating a Flying V?

Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I'm not being facetious but this should have opened 40 years ago. 
    I skipped forward in the video clocked the brexit chesterfield and that was enough for me. This is all bit harley Davidson aftershave and belt buckles for me.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2482
    edited February 24
    What on earth is a brexit chesterfield

Edit - just watched it, that’s a proper carnaby street shop outfitters special  B)
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2482

Darkness - excellent musicians, still a pretty big band, but c'mon, read the market Gibson. New younger players don't just play generic rock. 
    Justin Hawkins is as much a social media personality as musician now, with half a million subs on YouTube. I think Gibson read the market pretty well on this front
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Who's going to be first to play stairway to heaven in there?