Write an open letter of clarification to an artist of your choosing.

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    Dear Axl,

I've been meaning to write to you for a while now.I was thinking that as we're now both older and wiser I think it could be time to bury the hatchet.Life's too short for petty squabbles.With this in mind I was wondering if you'd consider getting the original band back together.All the other guys are up for it including Steven and Izzy.
    I've got loads of riffs written and have even started on some lyrics but I'm struggling to finish them off.
    The song starts,

"Who ate all the pies?"

"Who ate all the pies?"

Looking forward to your input.

Regards Slash.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dear Sir Mixalot

Me too.

Regards

LTR

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Dear Mr Kershaw,

Having heard your intention repeated in the chorus of one of your hits, our only advice would be for you to proceed as fast as possible towards the sun at the merest hint of it setting.

Of course we cannot vouch for the effects of travelling continually on the body, and suggest that sleep deprivation and motion sickness may result at some stage.

Yours,

Royal Astronomical Society;
    Royal College of GPs;
    Nookie Bear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    Dear Mr Stipe,
    We are writing to revoke your season ticket to our zoo after your recent visit where you pushed one of the elephants upstairs into the restaurant and then pushed a piano over the balcony leaving it crashing behind you onto the floor.
    Unfortunately the elephant was so distressed by the incident that we had to put it down and it wasn't easy to carry the dead body back down the stairs.
    Please do not return to the zoo.
    Yours,
    London Zoo
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mr Dylan,
    I enclose my invoice for the inpromptu performance I did for you the other night when you couldn't sleep.
    Regards,
    Mr Tam Bourineman
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9673
    edited November 2014
    Dear Pete Doherty,

I was thinking of inviting you for dinner on boxing day but I understand that you're not that keen on cold turkey. Perhaps you'd prefer a different joint?

Drop me a line.

Yours etc.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    BigMonka said:
    Dear Mr Stipe,
    We are writing to revoke your season ticket to our zoo after your recent visit where you pushed one of the elephants upstairs into the restaurant and then pushed a piano over the balcony leaving it crashing behind you onto the floor.
    Unfortunately the elephant was so distressed by the incident that we had to put it down and it wasn't easy to carry the dead body back down the stairs.
    Please do not return to the zoo.
    Yours,
    London Zoo
    P.S. we are enclosing a bill from our catering company for a large number of bent and damaged spoons.
  • Dear Mr Weller,

I have been busking at various tube stations for some time now and cannot help but feel I'd have made more money with my acoustic renditions of Oasis tunes if you hadn't promised punters a fucking brass band that never materialised.

Thanks, prick.

B. Foxton.

• Dear Mr Weller

Sorry about the other night, please find enclosed a bottle of proseco and a lamb bhuna (heated to optimum temperature).

May I also suggest that next time, you take a cab?

Best wishes

A. Mugger

• Dear Mr Lee Lewis

A topical cream and a bag of ice should clear that right up.

Yours sincerely

NHS inDirect

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dear Mr Bolan,

Yes, yes, it's me, now is there any chance of you opening this frigging door and letting me in?!

Yours,

Metal Guru

• Dear Mr Cobain

Thanks for the invitation but could you please clarify the dress code? Should I wear what I've got on now, what I was wearing earlier or an outfit of your choosing?

Yours etc

• Dear Ian Brown

I have a phobia of acrostics, any suggestions?

Regards.....

• And I'm spent. :)

• Dear Ms Bush,

No deal.

Regards.
    God
    Mr Davies,

You will soon be hearing from my solicitor after the libelous statements you made about my gender, I'm very sensitive about my voice being a bit low and I didn't think it needed pointing out to the thousands of people you've played the song to.
    I withdraw my offer of taking you home with me as you've been nothing but rude.

Lola
  • Dear Mr Bolan,

We have received a number of complaints regarding your activities within the lake area of the park on Sunday 12th.

May I remind you that the waterfowl are not there as amusement rides.

Regards,
    Head Park Keeper and Wildlife Warden
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited November 2014
    Dear Mr. Richie,

Hello.

Whatever you may have imagined, you have never been alone with me, or indeed kissed my lips once, let alone a thousand times. I suppose it is possible I sometimes pass your door if you live nearby, but if you would provide an address I could confirm that.

You have already said hello, so surely no need to repeat the greeting? I am not at all sure what the "it" is that you can see in my eyes/smile, it would help if you could be more specific. As for your excessive declarations of affection (for example, I am apparently "all you have ever wanted") I regret to say I am unable to reciprocate any such feelings.

Just to address a few more issues - it is unlikely you will ever see the sunlight in my hair, as I try to avoid exposure to harmful UV radiation. Where I am, what I do, if I sometimes feel lonely etc. etc. , is all, to be frank, none of your business. Furthermore, I am not looking for you, or indeed (as your question erroneously implies) for anyone else. I have no intention of informing you as to any possible method of winning my affections, though I can well believe that you are without a clue, in general. You have, in my opinion, already said far too much prior to your declaration of love, so another factual error there, but again I would emphasise that I have no such feeling towards you whatsoever.

I am sorry to be so blunt, but I think it is best to be clear, and I hope we can consider this letter an end to the matter.

Yours Sincerely

Megii

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Dear Mr R Waters

Yes there is someone in here, I can hear, you and if you opened your eyes you'd see that I'm nodding.

Thanks

Mike

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    Dear Mr Hendrix,

Would you kindly refrain from continually kissing me.I don't like it.

Yours,

This Guy.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom