Past members who never returned

What's Hot

Comments

• Niallmo said:
    I do remember people like Jase Morris being supportive of my amateur playing in the old forum Solo Backing Track things...

The Jams that were either on the Guitarist or MR forum (I forget which) were what got me playing again after a long hiatus, and no recording ever. I'd never recorded before and got a lot of help with that (big thanks to @Barney there). Many years later and well over 100 tracks on my Soundclick page pays tribute to how a little nudge from some like-minded souls can make a Mahoosive difference!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    We need more of Paulo's cartoons .........
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jalapeno said:
    Wiz for that :)
  • @littlegreenman was the person who ran that coconut club thing from MR? Remember, it was like where you had to write a themed short song every so often. I Think it was called Coconut Club or something like that.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited January 2015
    Jalapeno said:
    Clarky said:
    Grunfeld said:
    Clarky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Minky !!  XLR8...  I always hoped he would let me have a go at driving a 747 that he flies.
    he flies 777's these days...
    @Clarky Is Neil still making guitars?  I've just googled but the site seems old and not updated for a long time. 
    not spoke to him for a while.. which reminds me…
    I'm long over due to give him a call pop by for a chit chat..
    Yes, and no.  Not as Morgan Guitars, he's got something else (very vague that he didn't really want to talk about) going on ;)
    I've not spoke to him since the summer… we planned to meet up a few times and failed..
    just general life crap getting in the way I guess.. diary clashes and stuff etc..

I reckon that needs sorting out
    play every note as if it were your first
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16305
    Jalapeno said:

I've been paying a tribute by nicking bits off his website for my avatar after @iansavage posted the link a while ago. I can't recall the site name off hand ( Paulo Stanley isn't he?) but it's worth a poke around on it.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • @littlegreenman was the person who ran that coconut club thing from MR? Remember, it was like where you had to write a themed short song every so often. I Think it was called Coconut Club or something like that.
    Nope, it was actually the other way around, I found out about that from barney. Jude did join briefly but was a piano player and the guitar-centric nature of the place didn't suit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24862
    Given the affection shown towards some former members, I think I might do a disappearing act again and watch the love flow in....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    Given the affection shown towards some former members, I think I might do a disappearing act again and watch the love flow in....
    Wouldn't count on it - as posted a few pages back, I joined the Guitarist forum in what I think was '99, was reasonably active until they shut MR down, and no-one missed me at all ;)

Jase Morris is sadly missed. Really great guy, not to mention a demon player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    Fretwired said:
    Anyone remember Richard Steed's [Synthman] claim that he came home to find his girlfriend having anal sex with a mate ... went on for ages. It was hilarious and resulted in another ban.
    I most certainly do. At the time I was reading that and crying laughing, god it was funny. It really really was. Comedy gold. I hope he comes back in here. He must have tons of tales to tell. I don't care if none are true either, just very very funny.

He's the saviour of pop music, lets not forget.

but not of bumming.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    LoFi said:
    Wouldn't count on it - as posted a few pages back, I joined the Guitarist forum in what I think was '99, was reasonably active until they shut MR down, and no-one missed me at all ;)

Wisdomed.

For those who don't know, Jason Morris was on Intermusic/MR, an awesome player, who fell victim to Swine Flu outbreak in 2009 (I think) and subsequently died. 
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    edited January 2015
    Jalapeno said:

I've been paying a tribute by nicking bits off his website for my avatar after @iansavage posted the link a while ago. I can't recall the site name off hand ( Paulo Stanley isn't he?) but it's worth a poke around on it.
    Hard to say, as there are two Paulos, and both did cartoons. I can't remember Paulo Stanley's stuff at all from back then, but I loved @Paulo 's stuff. If you search on here you can even find his genius pic of Huey in a sunken thread!
    LoFi said:

Aw give over @LoFi ! I knew you were here, so I'm hardly likely to mention you as missed, am I, yer great wet lettuce!

As for J-Mo, I miss him loads, his contributions to the Recording Collective were always among the first I'd listen to each month because we shared so many interests and influences. I can't find his last YouTube vid with his band, Caustic Yoda. I really wanted to post it here so people who didn't know him can hear him as I remember him. :-(

I don't think it would be inappropriate to have a memorial to him on this forum somewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    When do Drew and Lix get let out of the cooler?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7882
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5057
    edited January 2015
    sticker said:
    I miss Jase :( Great guitarist and a ninja grand master of Sarcy-cunt-ery! :D

Watching that and thinking back to the MR Jams it's become apparent to me that J-Mo may actually be my biggest influence! There's more of what he did in what I do than pretty much all of the guitarists I listen to.

I'd pretty much given up playing back then and had never recorded anything but between him, @barney, @Danny1969, @funkyfraz, @mellowsun, @bingefeller and anyone else I forgot (@dudeiferous) I got back on the horsie and despite the tendonitis still persist today! Thanks guys! :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Not actually the video I meant, @sticker

I was thinking of a full band performance in which he was really showing all his fusion influences. It was still up a couple of years ago, when Kate would still post on MR. I'll keep searching.
  • VimFuego said:
    Azza was still my favourite, though I do feel bad about the way we treated him (I say we, there can't be many here who in MR that far back so I'm thinking mostly me TBH).
    I read and occasionally posted to the MR forum (screen name Sgt. Fury) around that time and remember Azza well. There was another one I remember around that time who had a bit of an obsession with Guitarfreeek as well, what was his name?
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 367
    VimFuego said:
    Azza was still my favourite, though I do feel bad about the way we treated him (I say we, there can't be many here who in MR that far back so I'm thinking mostly me TBH).
    I read and occasionally posted to the MR forum (screen name Sgt. Fury) around that time and remember Azza well. There was another one I remember around that time who had a bit of an obsession with Guitarfreeek as well, what was his name?
    Morphed! otherwise known as Greg, what a nutcase he was.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• StageStruckStageStruck Frets: 102
    edited January 2015
    WYNIR0 said:
    VimFuego said:
    Morphed! otherwise known as Greg, what a nutcase he was.

That's the very fella! Amusing, scary and bizarre all rolled into one internet troll. It's a nice reminder reading through these posts to see just exactly how much time I've wasted over the last 13 or-so years reading all of this stuff instead of doing something constructive!