The H9 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Thanks @timmyo

I have the 100-0 calibration fine- the fv500L has a trim pot on the side and adjusting that gives it spot on. That article seems to suggest it needs to be a TRS which could be the issue- I am using a mono patch lead and just assumed that as I not using an additional aux switch that it would be fine. I am probably at fault for making that assumption but I can't any any reference in manuals and the like that requires a stereo cable for operation of an expression pedal only. I will have to be patient and wait until Eventide return to work and will email them
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7420
    I've found them to be VERY responsive via the forum
    Red ones are better. 
    There's a new algorithm on the way (free for Max users, to purchase for regular/Core users)

"SpaceTime is a multi effects algorithm combining, modulation, delays and reverb.  It should be a pretty versatile algorithm and something that we've gotten a lot of request for here at Eventide.
    Well, we decided to add a custom UI for SpaceTime to make it easier to understand what was going on.  So, we're working on that, but we're planning on having it ready for NAMM in 3 weeks or so"

Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO;917955" said:
    There's a new algorithm on the way (free for Max users, to purchase for regular/Core users)

"SpaceTime is a multi effects algorithm combining, modulation, delays and reverb.  It should be a pretty versatile algorithm and something that we've gotten a lot of request for here at Eventide....Well, we decided to add a custom UI for SpaceTime to make it easier to understand what was going on.  So, we're working on that, but we're planning on having it ready for NAMM in 3 weeks or so"
    EXCELLENT.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Awesome news
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    TimmyO said:

"SpaceTime is a multi effects algorithm combining, modulation, delays and reverb.  It should be a pretty versatile algorithm and something that we've gotten a lot of request for here at Eventide.
    Well, we decided to add a custom UI for SpaceTime to make it easier to understand what was going on.  So, we're working on that, but we're planning on having it ready for NAMM in 3 weeks or so"

Sounds just like what I am after right now!!
    TimmyO said:
    I've found them to be VERY responsive via the forum
    ;-)
    Red ones are better. 
  • @TimmyO Where did you hear about the SpaceTime also?
    On the Eventide forum
    Red ones are better. 
  • Nice. Wonder how it differs from Modechoverb. Always cool to see a new algo! :)
    Using midi to sync tap tempos of 2 units:

This turned out to be really easy - just needs a midi cable between the 2 units (I don't have an external midi switcher or anything) and set the upstream one to send its tempo as midi, and tell the other one to accept tempo via midi - each is a simple menu option in H9 control.

Now tapping tempo on unit 1 shares that tempo with unit 2. Even if unit 1 patch isn't active. This works using the tap button on the unit or on an aux switch where one of those buttons is set to be a tap button.
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Finally I have it fixed.

I have been trying to figure out how to use a boss FV500L as an expression pedal to my H9 AND run a separate aux footswitch.

I won't bore y'all with too many boring permutations and combinations of reverse calibration, 0-100-0 calibration and non operation..... But now I have Sussed it. For reference the boss FV500L needs a TRS Jack to operate correctly with the H9. Running without an aux switch requires a TRS to TRS and its fine. Add an aux switch and the Eventide website tells you to use a TRS into the H9 split into 2 mono jacks. While the footswitch works, the pedal doesn't. However, if you replace the mono with another TRS Jack and solder to the tip and sleeve leaving the ring unconnected, Lo and behold, perfect operation.

While this might not qualify as a victory worthy of winning the Internet, it's a minor life victory for me, not least cos I had to learn how to solder. Happy days
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    That's a great bit of sleuthing. Coupled with your new solder skill and a perfect outcome, I'd say a job well done :-)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited January 2016
    Someone make sure they post when that SpaceTime algo hits. I'm looking forward to it! 

SpaceTime is Eventide’s new multi-effect algorithm that combines modulation, two delays, and reverb into one easy to use effect. The delays are based on Eventide’s Vintage Delay algorithm from the TimeFactor pedal and the reverb section draws from both the Plate algorithm in Eventide’s Space pedal, as well as Eventide’s UltraReverb native plug-in. Unique to SpaceTime is the ability to route the delays and reverb in series or parallel after modulation, further adding to its versatility and creative applications.

Nice one Mark

Apparently last time they released algorithms it was a few days after namm
    Red ones are better. 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited January 2016
    I like the sound of this.

I've been thinking...well dreaming really...

If you can use H9 Control your iPhone/iPad by searching through all 500 odd algorithms/effects and us them as you search, then SURELY the beginnings of the technology is there to create some kind of Bluetooth enabled multiswitch to do the same...

Surely...

I'm dreaming, aren't I?
    I like the sound of this.

I've been thinking...well dreaming really...

If you can use H9 Control your iPhone/iPad by searching through all 500 odd algorithms/effects and us them as you search, then SURELY the beginnings of the technology is there to create some kind of Bluetooth enabled multiswitch to do the same...

Surely...

I'm dreaming, aren't I?
    Picture this. 

A gig rig sized box on your board with a small led screen- say 5" x 3". It has an icon so you can clearly see which effect is in operation- space, mod, pitch, time etc, and also the algo in use in text. Next to that is (say) 8 pots which can be twiddled against parameters but change in use just like the helix and there is text above them telling you what each pot is assigned to. 

The majority of the board is 2 lines of 5 footswitch buttons that can be assigned as you wish. I would have the top line permanently assigned to swap between space, time, pitch, space, etc, and then the bottom row would have up and down on algos, up and down on presets, tap. Other modes would be programmable so your preset lists for gigs can be called up from the memory of the device.

No cables other than 9v supply and it automatically blue tooths in as you fire it up.

Would be nice but suspect there is a limited market!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Would be nice but suspect there is a limited market!"

@rsvmark Sadly true! Though all of the above sounds mighty...

Or just use a midi switcher and put your i-device on a stand  mount next to you ? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • @TimmyO Can you use an iRig footswitch like the blueboard and use the app to link to H9 Control on your iPhone to scroll through all the presets available (as with the H9 Max)?