The H9 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• With out digging through the instructions does anybody know if you can "fine tune" bpm into the delays? Everyone I tap the tempo in I can never get it bang on which is annoying as were planning on playing to a click soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    @jamiexsilver - You can set the bpm into a patch rather than using the tap tempo option. Is that what you're looking to do?
  • Yes I want delays set to a certain bpm but can't work out how to set them?? When I'm in the h9 control app in a delay patch the little button that says bpm every time I tap it Im a few bpm in front or behind. Maybe I'm just being daft.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
    Yes I want delays set to a certain bpm but can't work out how to set them?? When I'm in the h9 control app in a delay patch the little button that says bpm every time I tap it Im a few bpm in front or behind. Maybe I'm just being daft.
    See where there's a button with its activation light lit called Tempo?
    Touch that to turn tap tempo off. Then the control that is currently for setting subdivision will change and become a rotary control for bpm. Turn it to set the exact bpm you want.
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @TimmyO speaketh the truth. If that's not making sense, let us know which algorithm/preset you're working with and we can get some screen shots
    Also, to enable precise bpm changes on the fly (where you might not have the app open like at a gig) also make one of the XYZ buttons in the H9 be set to Tempo so you can adjust using the wheel on the H9)

iirc to do that you double-click on the control in the app and a pop up comes up asking which you want to assign it to, X,Y or Z - although I think bpm and mix tend to already be on them by default
    Red ones are better. 
    By the way, has anyone found a clever way of using an H9 as a boost in conjunction with changing other preset settings? I guess I could use the compressor algorithm and assign an expression pedal to that, but this would mean that other settings such as reverb/delay times would have to be the same.

Which is fine, but would be good to combine a change in all that plus volume at the same time.
    People have been asking on the Eventide forum for the output level to be controllable from Expression pedal like the other parameters are.
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO;946611" said:
    jamiexsilver said:

Yes I want delays set to a certain bpm but can't work out how to set them?? When I'm in the h9 control app in a delay patch the little button that says bpm every time I tap it Im a few bpm in front or behind. Maybe I'm just being daft.

See where there's a button with its activation light lit called Tempo?Touch that to turn tap tempo off. Then the control that is currently for setting subdivision will change and become a rotary control for bpm. Turn it to set the exact bpm you want.
    Ah right, however mines in ms not bpm. Thanks for the help guys I'm sure I'll work it out.
    TimmyO;946611" said:
    jamiexsilver said:

See where there's a button with its activation light lit called Tempo?Touch that to turn tap tempo off. Then the control that is currently for setting subdivision will change and become a rotary control for bpm. Turn it to set the exact bpm you want.
    Ah right, however mines in ms not bpm. Thanks for the help guys I'm sure I'll work it out.

Sorry yes you're correct
    Red ones are better. 
    Which algorithm/patch are you using for this @jamiexsilver ?
  • At the minute it'll just be a basic digital delay.
    If these are fixed known tempos for a set, then a quick bit of schoolboy maths will tell you the ms setting for say 1/4 notes at 95bpm so you could set them in as ms.

If it's for getting an ambient kind of delay effect on the fly with the band, those couple of bpm difference probably won't matter a jot. Unless it's for something like a rhythmic effect then it may well.
    Red ones are better. 
    Just out of interest @jamiexsilver, although its a slight faff, could you turn tap on within the app and then mouse click the tap button within the app until its the value you need?

I think if you then save the patch it would save this bpm? As I say, its a fiddle, but might work.
  • Yeah to be honest I'm probably being a bit anal about it.
  • I'm going to leave most of the delays to my Timeline.
  • So this is brilliant...anyone need a soundtrack for their sci-fi film?

http://i.imgur.com/RrO0LlE.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited January 2016
    If the app displays a number next to the control (I.e. 250bpm), you can press / hold that text box and enter the exact number you want via the keyboard, if that helps.
    I did not know that! Great tip
    Red ones are better. 
  • My challenge when mine arrives will to be to configure my setup so that when I select a preset on my space, it also selects a preset on the H9, and the two of them are midi clock synced to our electronics. I'm 100% certain it's possible, so I just need to work out how! I think what I need is XMT MAP on the Space.