The H9 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    The example above of What's the Frequency Kenneth is one where we try to be slightly more faithful to the original but I've started to use the two H9s in a way to make a song a little more personalised. It might just be subtle tremolo plus delay, or some phaser and reverb, but I'm finding that having two allows me to be more experimental with cover songs without being too 'I must use more effects since I have them as my disposal'.

Even if no-one in the audience notices, its a personal compositional satisfaction angle that I'm coming from with this approach.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited January 2016
    I think the way to go is to have a preset on the pedal for any sound you need in a set. If you need delay a then verb then trem then ring mod then delay a the delay b...and so on, you can have a preset for each instance. There's no reason you couldn't have 8 instances of the same preset with different names, then you could just scroll through the presets as your set dictates.

That doesn't solve the 'two effects at once' dilemma unless one of the combined algos work, though maybe eventide will fix that eventually.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7350
    Didn't realise you couldn't have 2 effects of your choosing at once.
    I've got an axe fx ii that I use at home all the time and it completely covers me for everything I'll ever need, but I get fed up of taking it out of the 'studio' and putting it in to my live set up.

I hate taking a rack with that and my power amp, a 2x12 cab and the floorboard as well. Was considering getting a Fender combo and a pedal like this, but I think I might find it a bit restricting compared to the axe fx. I was considering the Fractal fx8 but in all the demos so far people have made it sound shit.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7520
    DefaultM said:
    You can't 
    Red ones are better. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    TimmyO said:
    DefaultM said:
    You can't 
    Correct - you can only use 1 algo at a time. Some (a few) have combined fx such as mod echo verb
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • rsvmark said:
    TimmyO said:
    DefaultM said:
    You can't 
    Correct - you can only use 1 algo at a time. Some (a few) have combined fx such as mod echo verb

The new Space Time algorithm coming out soon uses mod, delays and reverb in all presets, by the looks of it.
  • I was mucking around with the Carnegie Hall preset, and kind of came up with an early-Verve style reverb (or as close to it as I can get). It's pretty cavernous, and came up with it using stereo inputs of my Jazz Chorus. I quite like it. Very washy: http://i.imgur.com/QVMnEE1.jpg
    And here it is :

Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Excellent stuff, looking forward to getting it.
  • @jamiexsilver @TimmyO But I want SpaceTime NOW.
    edited January 2016
    I'm with you @BintyTwanger77. I'll squeem and squeem and squeem until I'm thick if I don't get it RIGHT NOW!! :-) Dammit, I love the H9 concept. Hopefully they'll be able to change some clever things to get more than one algorithm at a time, or increase the number of algorithms like this one.

I'm also hoping that they might allow output level to be controllable through an expression pedal in the not too distant future. You could then easily morph a delay used for rhythm into one for lead as well as providing a slight volume boost all with one pedal movement.

Can't seem to work out how to get a volume boost and settings changes in any other way at the moment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    They make a point of saying that each of the sounds is 'based on' the parent algorithms - I'm guessing they had to trim things down as the processing power won't run 3 full algorithms at once
    Red ones are better. 
  • @hubobulous Yes, my comment was a bit Veruca Salt-ish.

I'm positive that the algorithm capacity is only going to grow and improve, along with the variety of tweakable parameters.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited January 2016
    @TimmyO Just been twatting around with the 2 H9s for the first time...holy mother of f**k they sound good. Chained in stereo into both front inputs in my Jazz Chorus, on the clean bright channel, I dialled in a preset based on the Stereo Wet that I found on another H9 thread...it sounds incredible.
    @TimmyO Just been twatting around with the 2 H9s for the first time...holy mother of f**k they sound good. Chained in stereo into both front inputs in my Jazz Chorus, on the clean bright channel, I dialled in a preset based on the Stereo Wet that I found on another H9 thread...it sounds incredible.
    Ooh link to any settings threads/sites you've found? :-)

But generally : I know right? So so powerful and sound fantastic in the loop of my Marshall (I'm using Pre/Post mode - only grip is everything defaults to Pre)

I've just been faffing about trying to get Crushstation to match by MkI Guv'nor - I didn't get there but did get something in the ballpark that I kind of prefer - clearer sounding :

Red ones are better. 
    I also made a nice (I think) generic Vintage delay with a smudge of modulation : 

Red ones are better. 
    I will get my arse in gear and get some pics up here of some of my settings once my PC is built. Well, that or I suppose I could just take screen grabs from my iPad.  That sounds more sensible!!

We have a rehearsal next Sunday where I'll be able to finely tune the settings, so I'll get some up after that :-)

In the meantime, looking forward to more of your patches
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited January 2016
    @TimmyO @hubobulous Here's them, the Wet I got from another thread, and a big washy early Verve style reverb:

http://i.imgur.com/DnQ3cRs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QVMnEE1.jpg (the rest of the settings are exactly the same as Carnegie Hall, which I started from)

The H9s sound even better in stereo using both the Jazz Chorus and the Fender HRDIII. Unbelievably good.
  • I've not read any of this thread, but if anyone wants to sell an h9, point them in my direction!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @GavRichList Will do. Very glad I've replaced my Big Sky with another H9. With two of them, a Timeline and a Particle, I've got such a versatile board now.

Carnegie Hall into Guitars In Space...magnificent.