The H9 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• If anyone's interested there's a midi moose on ebay at the minute. I use one to switch presets on my H9.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Those of you with SpaceTime... Which preset is demo 3 in the control app / store?
  • Sounds like it could be Slap In Space, but could be wrong.
  • Having watched a vid, I think it's Outer Limits. Tempted.
  • Have you got the Max or Core version?
  • They're f***ing incredible wee boxes, aren't they?
  • A question for all: how do the H9s sum to mono? Last in a mono chain into the front of a HRDIII?

I'm not sure if some stereo pedals sum to mono better in terms of sound quality/clarity than other.
  • A question for all: how do the H9s sum to mono? Last in a mono chain into the front of a HRDIII?

I'm not sure if some stereo pedals sum to mono better in terms of sound quality/clarity than other.
    From what I remember, most Eventide algos sum to mono. However, I have found that no matter what pedal I use, summing to mono always seems to lose something. I had a stereo Wet at the end of my board for a good while to allow but a mono and stereo rig as it sums to mono. However. when I redid the board all mono it sounded much fuller. I know comb filtering is supposedly at play when summing to mono so this may have been what I was experiencing.

From what I remember, most Eventide algos sum to mono. However, I have found that no matter what pedal I use, summing to mono always seems to lose something. I had a stereo Wet at the end of my board for a good while to allow but a mono and stereo rig as it sums to mono. However. when I redid the board all mono it sounded much fuller. I know comb filtering is supposedly at play when summing to mono so this may have been what I was experiencing.

Interesting, I did suspect a mix of mono and stereo into a single amp input might lose something, but will check tonight.
  • So I know a guy who knows some guys who work at Eventide and they say:

"All Eventide Stompboxes are true stereo but many of the algs use both channels to create the effect."

Not quite sure that answers it, but I think it's the best you'll get....can't find any info in the manual on it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Van_Hayden Thanks, that does help. I've actually sent my Core back within the 30 day refund period, so "only" have a Max now. With a Stereo Wet, a Timeline and a Particle, just the Max is magnificent.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I dialled in a Crushstation patch at the weekend for our version of 'Figure it Out'. I've got to say it sounds immense - a HUGE sound through my Hedgehog clean channel and I can dial octaves in with my expression pedal for the solo.

I was wary of any gain patches being introduced for the H9, but this one has booted my Rufus Reloaded off the board to save some space since it sounds so good. Impressed and surprised.

Also worth mentioning that it was also the first outing for my mini AMT expression pedal and Barn OX9 aux switch. Both worked effortlessly with the H9.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
    I really wanted to like the Crushstation but not been able to dial in anything I'd use regularly yet - perhaps I should persevere.

Care to share yours? 
    Red ones are better. 
    I'll fire it up and check. It's a tweaked version of a preset that came with the algorithm
    edited June 2016
    New algorithm coming....SCULPT. 

From the Eventide Forum....."it's a multiband distortion so you can get different levels of distortion in the low and high bands"

• @hubobulous It's finally coming out? This has been in the works for a while, hasn't it? Think finishing up on Sculpt was put on hold while they worked on SpaceTime. Still sceptical that they can nail a good digitally modelled distortion sound, though. Even though Eventide have nailed everything else.
    I've got to be honest. If you gave me endless hours to do my own 'That Pedal Show' type analysis, I'd probably not have looked at Crushstation. But I dialled it in on a whim and it accomplished 3 things for me almost straight off the bat:
    • It sounded immense through the Hedgehog and felt great to play
    • Was easily tweakable and gave me the opportunity to mess around with parameters for the solo sound
    • Gave me a sound that no-one listening live would ever think was anything but awesome
    I'm all about getting good, appropriate sounds that I love to play. Its great getting sounds that an audience will hopefully at least appreciate. I hope that people don't write this sort of unit or patch off because its digital without ever hearing or really spending any time with it.

I sometimes feel that there are those that pore over the smallest differences that never get heard or felt at gig volumes and perhaps miss out on some truly great kit as a result.

We're all different, so there's no right or wrong, but I for one am looking forward to this new algorithm.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobulous;1106366" said:
    I've got to be honest. If you gave me endless hours to do my own 'That Pedal Show' type analysis, I'd probably not have looked at Crushstation. But I dialled it in on a whim and it accomplished 3 things for me almost straight off the bat:It sounded immense through the Hedgehog and felt great to play

Was easily tweakable and gave me the opportunity to mess around with parameters for the solo sound

Gave me a sound that no-one listening live would ever think was anything but awesome

I'm all about getting good, appropriate sounds that I love to play. Its great getting sounds that an audience will hopefully at least appreciate. I hope that people don't write this sort of unit or patch off because its digital without ever hearing or really spending any time with it.

I sometimes feel that there are those that pore over the smallest differences that never get heard or felt at gig volumes and perhaps miss out on some truly great kit as a result.

We're all different, so there's no right or wrong, but I for one am looking forward to this new algorithm.
    I didn't get on well with Crushstation, but really looking forward to Sculpt. Really hope they produce something great with it.