The H9 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    I've only tried crush station through a tranny amp and two of the 14 or so sounded useable. I'll stick it through t'proper rig, see what it's like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    hubobulous;1106164" said:
    New algorithm coming....SCULPT. 

From the Eventide Forum....."it's a multiband distortion so you can get different levels of distortion in the low and high bands"

Funnily enough I was thinking of trying the source audio multiband grunt. I'll use this instead.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    A new video up on Sculpt :

Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stefken147stefken147 Frets: 51
    Nice to see someone other than Alan doing the demos. Dint think I'll be in a hurry to try it though...
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    They've obviously concentrated on the wah application, but I can see this potentially being useful to really find a sound to cut in the mix. Will be interesting to hear what the base gain tone is like.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    Sculpt is out - I won't get to try it out for a couple of days - someone report back when they have?

Red ones are better. 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    edited June 2016
    I'll try and give it a go this evening. Thanks for the heads-up :)

R.
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    Anyone got sculpt yet? Any good?
    I've been meaning to get it but life keeps getting in the way.
    I've not yet, but will certainly be taking a look soon. I like the idea, even if for just one or two uses. Sounds like a very nice option for truly finding a place in the live mix
  • @jamiexsilver I've been trying out Sculpt and I'm not normally a fan of digital distortion/OD but I really like this. It's really good for running a dirtier signal into a big reverb, and the Wahs are brilliant. Though I never thought to use my H9 for dirt, I'm definitely a fan, though it could never replace my Frazz, Kilt or Warthog.
    Wahs are definitely of interest to me. Even if I don't really use them live, this sort of patch I think might make me look at things differently in terms of what could spice up a normal rhythm or lead part
  • @hubobulous I have found sometimes some dirt pedals into bigger reverbs can sound a bit fizzy, like bad prog, but Sculpt sits very well in the mix for that.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I'm late to the game but fudge me side ways the h9 Max is amazing. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    I have a Standard for sale if anyone is interested PM me
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    @hubobulous - D, what H9 download did you demo at the last GearFest for the Royal Blood song? That was spot on and very impressive.
    @Kebabkid - that was a patch using the Crushstation algorithm. So effective when octaves are bought into play
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm late to the game but fudge me side ways the h9 Max is amazing. 
    How good is Blackhole? It's just...the best.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited July 2016
    Looks as though I will just have to buy one :) Now to sell my Greco and Belcat Fender Blues Jnr Clone ;)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I'm late to the game but fudge me side ways the h9 Max is amazing. 
    How good is Blackhole? It's just...the best.
    I've owned a SPACE before and I was massively impressed and I say that as someone that isn't all that excited by reverb.
    I had the modfactor as well but I didnt get on with that at all.
    For some reason the modfactor plugins now sound great and I adore the pitchfactor stuff. Even the drives aren't that bad at all which really surprised me. I love the sag control as well which makes everything dead spitty and nasty
    Even the delays are great, I am loving the dual delays and it can do all the odd stuff the vox delaylab could do. 

so yes I'm very, very impressed. I might even get a Core to go with the max...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Question for H9 users. I am doing a deep gig in about 2 weeks time and have to learn about 40 songs. I need 2 specific H9 patches.

we are doing every little thing she does by the police. The classic chorus from vintage delay (time factor) fits the bill nicely. During the verses (arpegiated chords) I want some delay and chorus and during the chorus I want no delay (just chorus)..... So I have linked the expression pedal to the delays and use that to switch......but it's not that effective and goes funny on the trails. Any suggestions? (I don't have a separate chorus or delay pedal)

we we are also doing brown eyed girl. Not my choice but (as I am admittedly a shit guitarist) I need a cheat for the intro. I can play the melody in single notes but struggle to play the harmony part well. I think it's 3rds. I have the h910 and crystals algos but I am buggered if I know what to do with them.

all suggestions welcome!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024