Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show your Bicycles.....

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28267
    blobb said:
    GT Box Series.
    Unusual stabilisers on that one.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Love that I-Drive. You can sometimes pick up the lesser models for less than £100 on eBay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I had a Viking Victor when I turned 12... Still have it but has to stay outside under cover and has gotten the curse of the damp on it...

I might renovate it to this spec...

http://i65.tinypic.com/dlkyf9.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Since you insist, here's my much abused do everything hardtail, which I'm planning on replacing soon

And the big bouncy thing, which gets ridden far more in foreign countries than at home

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My Carlton Corsa, outside of the old Carlton Office at the site where it was made in Worksop circa 1971-73.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/Bicyles/73C558FD-D947-4E51-8947-696FC38A51BE_zpslf4xlyx8.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    My grandad built me my first bike from bits he found in skips.
    Rubbed down the frame to bare metal and painted it blue.
    No gears and revers pedal break.
    I love that bike alas I outgrew it very quickly
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9634
    I love 90s Tange steel Marins. I have an Eldridge Grade which I don't ride as often as I should.
  • 2013 Orange Five

Old Is Gold
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited April 2016

Here's the two that are currently working… there are more, in bits...   :(

Raleigh SBDU frame in Reynolds 753 tubing, mostly assorted Shimano bits. If you rode professionally for Team Raleigh in the 1970s you'd have one of these. Looks much worse in real life. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/transalp1998/RaleighSBDU_zps8afb66f2.jpg

My single-speed pub bike, in bike polo guise. Alf Webb aluminium track frame, 48-spoke wheels, Goldtech hubs, one super-low gear, front brake only, no parachute. The crappy home-made disc thing is to stop balls going straight through the front wheel at 30mph. Ping! Oh, bugger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/transalp1998/photo-1_zpsf6098c6a.jpg

• Here's mine. Affectionately known as "the bus" for obvious reasons.
    I love riding round with my two girls as CO pilots & we get lots of smiles as we go by.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b625/stimpsonslostson/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20160505_154841412_zps5rpogk1m.jpg
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Rubbish photos, but here are my two:

~2002 british eagle.
    Steel frame, alloy stem/bars/bar ends.

Had it since I was 15 or 16.

Rides fine but brakes are a bit rubbish

Btwin Triban 520
    My first road bike, bought it just over a week ago, have about 100 miles on it so far. Derailleurs will need indexing soon as I've the cables pretty well stretched out now I reckon.

Cheap by road bike standards, but very capable frame, reliable Shimano Sora kit, and carbon forks make things a lot more comfortable. Wheels could do with a lighter upgrade but I'm not doing any serious climbing anyway (which is really the only place you'd notice the weight).

I'm commuting on it and also doing some longer rides for a combination of enjoyment and fitness.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9634
    Here's mine. Affectionately known as "the bus" for obvious reasons.
    I love riding round with my two girls as CO pilots & we get lots of smiles as we go by.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b625/stimpsonslostson/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20160505_154841412_zps5rpogk1m.jpg
    Coolest bike on here by far!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    Upgraded Kona Blast

I also have a nice Giant Reign 1 but it's feeling neglected and I can't find any pics.
  • Go on then.  A few bikes (and other cycles) in the family, including a big touring tandem, but my ones of interest I happen to have pictures of are:

My nice bike: Mercian King of Mercia frame (built for me in 1990 when I was 21).  Was my only road bike for years, used for racing, touring and commuting until 2006 when I had it resprayed and rebuilt it with new transmission.  Since then I've had another bike to use in the salt and really bad weather so it's stayed looking nice.

And the nicest of my mountain unicycles.  Kris Holm 29er set up for fast cross-country and endurance racing.  I haven't had a mountain bike for years.
    imageimage
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    edited May 2016
    I just watched this video of a mountain unicyclist and whilst it is highly skilled, the one hand gripping under the saddle and the other arm waving around for balance just looks to my eyes like a man desparately trying not to piss himself whilst rushing to find the nearest loo!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure you'll get lots of LOLs for that @Bowks but after 12 years of it I'm immune to all the standard comments :)
  • @DartmoorHedgehog: Having ridden a unicycle a bit in the past, I've gotta ask- is that not all kinds of sore on your wedding tackle?! Some of those landings look a bit rough. 

@Thermionic: you're too kind sir. It's just a functional 8 speed city commuter, but I DO get a lot of pleasure from riding round with the girls & would recommend a WeeRide seat over one of the more conventional child seats any day- I can chat to my littlest daughter and point out traffic lights, scenery, dogs (she LOVES dogs) etc. It feels safer too & she's also sheltered from the rain in my arms. 
  • @DartmoorHedgehog: Having ridden a unicycle a bit in the past, I've gotta ask- is that not all kinds of sore on your wedding tackle?! Some of those landings look a bit rough. 

(That film isn't me) but no, at least not if you get it right :)
    The rougher the ground or bigger the drops you're expecting, the lower you set the saddle so your knees and back can absorb some of the impact.  If you land with your weight on the saddle it not only hurts but you get bounced off the front.  Bike shorts help to keep tackle away from getting between the saddle and arse, but the occasional painful experience is inevitable when riding that sort of stuff.  It's much safer than a bike though IMO - for a start it's not as fast, and when you fall off you usually land on your feet running (unlike a bike where you get tangled in the bike and usually end up on your shoulder).  I'll ride down stuff on the unicycle that I'd probably chicken out of (or at least feel uncomfortable) on a bike.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Not a great photo but this is my B'Twin Alur 700. For the price I paid £549 - it's easily the best spec'd bike you'll get for that price (probably applies to the RRP of £700 too). Full 105 groupset (with the exception of the chainset/cranks) - ridiculous light Aluminium frame, full internal cabling and carbon forks. Only ridden it twice this year (second time was to work this morning!), but it's an absolute joy to ride.