Divorce-what's your experience?

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    Gassage said:
    What I genuinly don't get is why married couples are so wound up if their partner has sex with someone else.

I so don't get this it's untrue.
    It may have something to do with the vows they made to each other as part of the formal and legally binding ceremony of marriage. Not to mention, honour, respect, dedication, faith and the values they hold.

Sex with someone else is a betrayal of these vows and values.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    edited August 2016
    Gassage said:
    What I genuinly don't get is why married couples are so wound up if their partner has sex with someone else.

It may have something to do with the vows they made to each other as part of the formal and legally binding ceremony of marriage. Not to mention, honour, respect, dedication, faith and the values they hold.

Not if they know about it and approve.
    Not everyone buys into the fairy-tale stuff.
    edited August 2016
    octatonic said:
    Gassage said:

I agree, but my answer is valid if the appropriate wedding vows were made. If a couple get married and are selective and specific about the vows and terms of the marriage then fine, crack on and f*ck who you like but I would imagine the majority of weddings are made with traditional vows and marriage is a legal status with legal implications. Either that or just live and have relationships without marriage, that's fine, but don't criticise those who do want and agree with the formal commitment of marriage.

It's not fairy tale, that's a very sarcastic point of view, if you don't believe in that level of commitment and dedication, then don't partake, your choice, but don't dismiss those that find it enriching and fulfilling.

I have been extremely happily married for 18 years and we just had dinner with my parents who have this week celebrated 50 years of marriage. That's no fairly tale, that's real life for us. 

I see no need for sex with other women, in fact the best sex I have had has been with my wife since we turned 40, things just get better and better, and I'm 49 now.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Gassage said:

I agree, but my answer is valid if the appropriate wedding vows were made. If a couple get married and are selective and specific about the vows and terms of the marriage then fine, crack on and f*ck who you like but I would imagine the majority of weddings are made with traditional vows and marriage is a legal status with legal implications. Either that or just live and have relationships without marriage, that's fine, but don't criticise those who do want and agree with the formal commitment of marriage.

It's not fairy tale, that's a very sarcastic point of view, if you don't believe in that level of commitment and dedication, then don't partake, your choice, but don't dismiss those that find it enriching and fulfilling.

I have been extremely happily married for 18 years and we just had dinner with my parents who have this week celebrated 50 years of marriage. That's no fairly tale, that's real life for us. 

I see no need for sex with other women, in fact the best sex I have had has been with my wife since we turned 40, things just get better and better, and I'm 49 now.
    I know what you mean, actually.
    I only eat chicken and salad every night- I have no need for fish, or pizza, or chocolate cake, or soup.
    It is so unnecessary.

Sarcasm? Me?
    You're fairly new here, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    Gassage said:

I only eat chicken and salad every night- I have no need for fish, or pizza, or chocolate cake, or soup.
    It is so unnecessary.

Sarcasm? Me?
    I am humbly condescended by someone clearly superior, you have my unwavering respect.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    Gassage said:

It is so unnecessary.

Sarcasm? Me?
    I am humbly condescended by someone clearly superior, you have my unwavering respect.
    It is a truth universally acknowledged that no amount of monogamous love, care and respect can beat a double blow job.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

Another good talking point lol
    I'm serious. I just don't get it.
    You're a sociopath and don't feel love.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Gassage said:

Best sex I've had was with your wife as well!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    Drew_fx said:
    octatonic said:
    Gassage said:

Unfortunately for you that simply isn't true. That joy is something you have not and will not experience, but I can only assume that the things my wife can do with baby oil, her fingers and her tongue would blow your mind.

That's enough from me on this subject!

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    I think she'd need a bucket of lard, an octopus and a salami to blow Drew's mind.  ;)
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    Drew_fx said:
    Unfortunately for you that simply isn't true. That joy is something you have not and will not experience
    What if she outlives you and Drew finds her on Pensioner Tinder?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7782
    edited August 2016
    octatonic said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Unfortunately for you that simply isn't true. That joy is something you have not and will not experience
    If his charms on here are anything to go by why would she bother?

And why would you even bring a drew-with-grey-ball-hairs thought into this thread?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Has anyone ever wondered how it is that Vicars have so much money?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6090
    Sambostar said:
    Has anyone ever wondered how it is that Vicars have so much money?
    Didn't know they did. Evidence?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    octatonic said:

The unfortunate reality for straight guys is there is loads of potential unlimited extra-marital shenanigans for the woman in a relationship (should she be interested in that sort of thing), but not the bloke- at least not without paying for it.
    Depends. Back in IT now that's certainly true, but when I was working in a female-dominated profession there was loads of sex on offer. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149
    edited August 2016
    @octatonic ;;

rule #1: Be attractive
    rule #2: Don't be unattractive
    I was specifically talking about open relationship type situations, not cheating on your partner.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    What so there are men who already have wives going and getting more on the side? I can't even get disabled women to respond to me on dating sites
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    holnrew said:
    What so there are men who already have wives going and getting more on the side? I can't even get disabled women to respond to me on dating sites
    I have a ... well, not a mate because I don't really respect him, but an acquaintance that is always looking for women to fooch- his wife has no idea.
    Married with 2 kids, has absolutely zero problem that he does it.
    I've seen him chatting up women, giving them his card when we are out to dinner and she is at the loo.
    I don't get involved in it- I'm not going to disclose anything to her- it isn't my place to do it.

Earlier in the thread I talked about a friend's husband who was on sugar daddy dating type sites- he had a string of women he was basically supporting. It was going on for years and years- I had no idea about this but wasn't surprised when I heard.

I've never cheated on anyone- I saw what happened to my mum when she found out my Dad did it, so it just isn't something I'd consider doing.
    IMHO it is better if everyone knows what is going on- if you want to have extra martial somethings and your partner is into it too  (or at least doesn't mind you doing it) then go for it.
    If they aren't then find someone who is.
    I can't really abide the 'cake and eat it too' mentality where one partner plays away and the other partner has no idea.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Drew_fx said:
    If his charms on here are anything to go by why would she bother?

And why would you even bring a drew-with-grey-ball-hairs thought into this thread?
    I'll have you know, I'm reet popular with da bitchez.