Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Class war

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• I need a suit for my daughter's wedding next year.

Lots of good advice on here.

Thanks gentlemen.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158

I need a suit for my daughter's wedding next year.

Thanks gentlemen.

I need a suit for my daughter's wedding next year.

Thanks gentlemen.

The gap between your neck and the suit is key. Marks is to cheap for a wedding suit and people actually notice shoes tie and shirt more if the suit fits. 
  • I work in technical pre-sales. I actually use a slightly untidy look to my advantage. The sales exec will wear the 3k suit and give his PowerPoint slick presentation, I come in no tie, hair not perfectly brushed, two day stubble and white board what I want to get across. It works really well, bull shit sales + guy who is a bit of a geek and actual knows what he is talking about.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I work in technical pre-sales. I actually use a slightly untidy look to my advantage. The sales exec will wear the 3k suit and give his PowerPoint slick presentation, I come in no tie, hair not perfectly brushed, two day stubble and white board what I want to get across. It works really well, bull shit sales + guy who is a bit of a geek and actual knows what he is talking about.

Ah, the classic pincer movement!

But, how did you turn up for the interview for said current position? 2 day stubble and no tie?...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Yes i did however I was head hunted!
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    I work in technical pre-sales. I actually use a slightly untidy look to my advantage. The sales exec will wear the 3k suit and give his PowerPoint slick presentation, I come in no tie, hair not perfectly brushed, two day stubble and white board what I want to get across. It works really well, bull shit sales + guy who is a bit of a geek and actual knows what he is talking about.

Heh, so do I, and that's the dynamic I've used for years. However, I currently have Public Sector as a patch, and my salesguy has been doing the patch for years and tends to dress down, so (in combination with my penchant for nice shirts, cufflinks and shoes), I often wind up looking smarter than him. 

Re the other conversation here - my suits are all off-the-peg and then altered, but if I were getting M2M or bespoke, I'd probably go for belt-loop-less.
  • Personally I've learnt to ignore image when judging people (I work in IT).  I've worked with some world class developers that don't care about dress sense.  Although I can understand how image is important in business environments.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28202
    It definitely depends on where you're applying. I've not worn a tie for an interview in over a decade. I don't think I've worn a suit either, just business casual - it'd look suspicious if I was in a suit the rest of the day.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."