Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Brexit legal challenge suceeds. Discuss.

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24657
    The Daily Mail reporters should be asked to confer with their (fired and imprisoned) colleagues from Turkey about what it's like being a journo in countries that ignore the rule of law.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    The Daily Mail reporters should be asked to confer with their (fired and imprisoned) colleagues from Turkey about what it's like being a journo in countries that ignore the rule of law.

Maybe they should conduct an enquiry into their boss Lord Rothermere's tax affairs too (non-dom and all that). And also ask how much in EU subsidies their aeditor Paul Dacre has received over the years for the farm he owns.

They're only doing their masters' bidding. (I vaz only followink orderzzz). Harsh times to be a journo. Still won't save their arses when the Daily Fail has moved to an online only operation once the current bunch who buy the print version have died.

Make no mistake, Dacre dictated that front page. The guy's a psychopath.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cameron has a lot to answer for ... he's now officially my worst PM ever for getting us into this mess.

Nice to see the light has come on.

Why did people elected the silver spooned cunt in the first place.

The referendum was always about sorting out the civil war in the Tory party.

Since when did they ever care about the Vox Populi ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Cameron has a lot to answer for ... he's now officially my worst PM ever for getting us into this mess.

Nice to see the light has come on.

Why did people elected the silver spooned cunt in the first place.

The referendum was always about sorting out the civil war in the Tory party.

Since when did they ever care about the Vox Populi ?

It would be interesting to see if we could start a crowd funding campaign to get Cameron Impeached For Misconduct In Public Office .. not sure if it applies after you've left parliament.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/misconduct_in_public_office/

Personally I love to see him clapped in irons and thrown into the Tower of London to rot.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited November 2016
    /\ Maybe we should just ignore David Cameron, pretend he doesn't exist and never mention him publically at all. No gong. No directorships. No interviews. Nothing. Given the man's monumetal vanity and sense of self-importance I think that'd cut him to the quick and right down to size.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24657
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Drew_TNBD said:
    Skipped said:
    axisus said:
    Could this lead to a Brentrance?
    I would want:
    Full tariff free access to Single Market
    Free movement
    Financial Passporting
    Customs Union
    Not in the Euro
    Not in Schengen.

Where would you get a deal like that?  s
    I would want Japanese whores on every street corner.
    I'm hoping for a drive over the border from Germany to the Czech Republic kind of situation prior to joining the EU, as soon as you disembark off the channel tunnel or ferry, the roads are lined with English hookers.  Good quality ones too.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72669
    Fretwired said:

The only people whinging are the Tories who didn't do enough due diligence on their promises.
    And the ones who are now whining that returning control to the UK parliament and the judgement of British courts might not quite produce what they thought they were voting for. Maybe they should have read the small print...

Fretwired said:

Cameron has a lot to answer for ... he's now officially my worst PM ever for getting us into this mess.
    He has been for a long time for me. Not the worst in terms of global damage - Blair has to be at the top of the list there - but the least competent PM in modern history. Worse than Brown, worse than Eden.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2809
    It was obvious, pretty quickly, that this referendum was going to be disastrous and very divisive for this country.  

Cameron is very much at fault for that but I'm surprised we're not also holding Boris Johnson to account for his conniving and utterly self-interested motivations in everything he did on this issue.  Cameron has gone.  Johnson still affects all our lives, very undeservedly if you ask me.
    edited November 2016
    The second hypocritical remoaner smug argument has appeared. 

The first was that we'd have more parliamentary democracy and less corruption if we handed all our sovereignty to the EU on a plate, which, call me stupid,  I personally struggled to understand, especially given that the EU is driven by certain foreign nationalistic interests, never had it's accounts signed off and everything we've put to them has been veto'd despite the UK being the second biggest net funding contributor.

So now the second smug, nutjob, hypocritical argument has appeared.  That we must abide by British law as it's what the people wanted and voted for when they voted out, all the while just praying for a second referendum because the first wasn't democratic just because a few people didn't vote despite the turnout being higher than any local or national election turnout in history.

Well look, it's like this, more people voted in the referendum than voted in the national and local elections to elect the MP's who who pass the damn laws and adopt EU Directives into British law in the first place.

So if you still think leaving the EU is not a democratic decision, based on the purest form of democracy then you are a traitor to democracy.

It's not the people who voted out who are the hypocrites that are suffering the irony, it's YOU!

Sorry for the tone, I'm still in yahoo comments mode...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:

The only people whinging are the Tories who didn't do enough due diligence on their promises.
    And the ones who are now whining that returning control to the UK parliament and the judgement of British courts might not quite produce what they thought they were voting for. Maybe they should have read the small print...

Fretwired said:

He has been for a long time for me. Not the worst in terms of global damage - Blair has to be at the top of the list there - but the least competent PM in modern history. Worse than Brown, worse than Eden.
    Blair did more damage at home too.  Him and Brown went on a PFI spending spree that is why we can't get the books to balance now, or probably in the next 10 years.
    If we listened to all the remoaners we'd end up with a system where we had a choice between Hillary and Trump.  Think about it.  Democracy is precious.
  • boris is jusst gove with hair.
    he still has his eye on the crown and will do anything to get it.
    We are all individuals.
  • Sambostar said:

The first was that we'd have more parliamentary democracy and less corruption if we handed all our sovereignty to the EU on a plate, which, call me stupid...
    You're stupid ;)

If you seriously believe we don't have sovereignty while we're still members of the EU, you don't understand how any of this works.
    Sambostar said:

So now the second smug, nutjob, hypocritical argument has appeared.  That we must abide by British law as it's what the people wanted and voted for when they voted out, all the while just praying for a second referendum because the first wasn't democratic just because a few people didn't vote despite the turnout being higher than any local or national election turnout in history.
    There's a massive difference between wishing we could have another referendum (or strike the result from the books) and believing it should happen.

However, the fact is that many Leave voters believed - as you seem to - that we somehow lost sovereignty by being part of the EU. This is what it looks like - the government being forced to obey the law. If anyone didn't know that when they voted, perhaps they should've done a bit more research.

I don't think anybody's said that the first result wasn't democratic; the most I've seen people say was that it was set up with the wrong conditions for a referendum of this magnitude (every other sane democracy has required a two-thirds majority for this kind of thing).
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    When we have no control over our borders or immigration or population growth, infrastructure or law, then surely that constitutes a lost of sovereignty?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sambostar said:
    When we have no control over our borders or immigration or population growth, infrastructure or law, then surely that constitutes a lost of sovereignty?
    Except we have plenty of all those things, and it's unlikely to be any different after we leave. But then...we had this conversation back before the vote, and it still hasn't changed.
    <space for hire>
    To be honest the whole argument reminds me of the plane on a conveyor thread.  People are convinced the plane will take off because they are so strongly lead by their understanding of the physics of the situation, but they didn't read the question.

I'm going back to my rabbit hole.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72669
    Sambostar said:

It's not the people who voted out who are the hypocrites that are suffering the irony, it's YOU!
    You are Alanis Morissette and I claim my £5.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Not Sturgeon's day .. she demands Scotland should remain in the EU and gets slapped down by fellow SNP MP Alex Neil who admits he voted Brexit and says he's not alone .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom