2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    9 miles today, including Parkrun which was done in 24:13.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    7 miles this morning.
  • I ran 25km yesterday, have to take the bus today as my hip is a bit tight. I have a 10 Mile xc run on September 10th 
    Old Is Gold
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    I ran 25km yesterday, have to take the bus today as my hip is a bit tight. I have a 10 Mile xc run on September 10th 
    Good work sir! 

I had planned to do 8 miles yesterday with the dog but plans were scuppered when some pricks had managed to break into the field and were tearing around on their motocross bike - was a bit concerned when Poppy went tearing after it, so didn't want to risk it. 

Will hopefully get 4-5 miles in tonight. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33901
    joneve said:
    I ran 25km yesterday, have to take the bus today as my hip is a bit tight. I have a 10 Mile xc run on September 10th 
    Good work sir! 

I had planned to do 8 miles yesterday with the dog but plans were scuppered when some pricks had managed to break into the field and were tearing around on their motocross bike - was a bit concerned when Poppy went tearing after it, so didn't want to risk it. 

Invest in a slingshot and 2 dozen golf balls.
    octatonic said:
    joneve said:
    Good work sir! 

Invest in a slingshot and 2 dozen golf balls.
    Haha. I was half tempted to let Poppy run riot and chase them, she's got quick enough reactions that she moved out of the way and caused them to come to a grinding halt and get all pissy, before she ran back across the field to me - But they were younger and unpredictable I think, so didn't want to risk it. Would have been a good work out for her though! 
  • 740 +25= 765. 
    100k is looking unlikely this month. Boo! 
    Still, I'm aiming for 1000k for the year. I'm well on target for that. 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    3.3 miles with club on Wednesday. 17 miles on Sunday.
    =1108.5m
    20th Aug:  841km + 8km = 849km
    21st Aug:  849km + 8km = 857km
    4.1 miles tonight. Wanted more but the dog was pooped and my legs didn't have much left. 
    Not strictly running related but since getting our new doggy I've covered at least 15km a day if I include walks and runs.

This is a welcome change- Scarlett, our previous dog, was an English Bulldog and wasn't able to walk that much.
    Our new dog can run, and run and run.
    It is brilliant.
  • octatonic said:
    Not strictly running related but since getting our new doggy I've covered at least 15km a day if I include walks and runs.

This is a welcome change- Scarlett, our previous dog, was an English Bulldog and wasn't able to walk that much.
    It is brilliant.
    That's great. 
    My boss has lost 6kg since getting his dog.  He has to take her for a run every morning. 
    octatonic said:

It is brilliant.
    It's great isn't it? 15km a day is impressive. I probably do about at least 10km every day except tuesday's (when she goes to our friend's Daycare) and now I've recently started running with her it's great. I just do laps of the field I normally walk her in as it's a mile per lap, so easy to track distance and she just does her own thing - but if she gets a bit far away or somewhere she shouldn't be, I'll give her a quick call to get her back on track. Really useful for training for the half marathon in 4 weeks! 
    I need to increase our Cavachon's mileage, running would be a good way to do it. I think I'll have to just assume he'll need a wash after every off-lead run. It's pointless running with him on-lead, he stops every yard for the first mile! I also have to be careful of his heart apparently, but he's getting a bit too fat at the moment.
    I need to increase our Cavachon's mileage, running would be a good way to do it. I think I'll have to just assume he'll need a wash after every off-lead run. It's pointless running with him on-lead, he stops every yard for the first mile! I also have to be careful of his heart apparently, but he's getting a bit too fat at the moment.
    Luckily the field we walk in is mostly grass and the weather has been better at the mo, so your Springer hasn't needed washing afterwards recently - just a wipe down with a towel. Could be a different story in the winter! 
    joneve said:
    Luckily the field we walk in is mostly grass and the weather has been better at the mo, so your Springer hasn't needed washing afterwards recently - just a wipe down with a towel. Could be a different story in the winter! 
    Dirt/mud would just get a rub down with a towel, it's the fox poo that would need washing every time! Having said that, I ran with him over at the local hill fort once and he emerged un-smeared so maybe I can try that again.
    joneve said:
    Dirt/mud would just get a rub down with a towel, it's the fox poo that would need washing every time! Having said that, I ran with him over at the local hill fort once and he emerged un-smeared so maybe I can try that again.
    ah yes! I remember you saying now! Fox poo is a totally different matter. Ketchup is good for the smell apparently? 
    I'm so pleased that neither of my dogs have been shit-rollers.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24783
    My youngest spawn challenged me. She's 11.

She told me I was old, and she was young and fit and she'd bet me ice cream that she was fitter.

So we went for a run together this morning. Who was a sweaty heap on the floor after only 3.5k?

Not me!

She wants to keep running with me - so I'm lowering my distances to where she can manage. I'm sure she'll be fitter than me in no time at all. In fact I'm betting that in a month she's be doing 5K without difficulty.
    22nd Aug:  857km + 6km = 863km 

I think I'm having a day off tomorrow as I've done many days on the trot and I'm walking another 10k on top with the dog.