2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    My youngest spawn challenged me. She's 11.

She told me I was old, and she was young and fit and she'd bet me ice cream that she was fitter.

So we went for a run together this morning. Who was a sweaty heap on the floor after only 3.5k?

Not me!

She wants to keep running with me - so I'm lowering my distances to where she can manage. I'm sure she'll be fitter than me in no time at all. In fact I'm betting that in a month she's be doing 5K without difficulty.
    That's brilliant! I'm looking forward to my kids being old enough to do things like that with them, a great bonding opportunity with your kids
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    My last run was on 14th June which gave me really serious Achilles' tendon problems.
    But today I joining my wife on her run and we both did our first 10k runs - result!
    Think we're going to sign up for a local 10k run in the first week in September
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    7 miles this morning. Very sticky! I was dripping like a good 'un throughout and for a good while afterwards.

I usually pass a racing snake on my way back home, must be 5' 10" and 10-10.5 stone I reckon, possibly lighter. He's always wrapped up and doesn't even seem to be breaking a sweat. Something to aim for in my old age. :)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    7 miles this morning. Very sticky! I was dripping like a good 'un throughout and for a good while afterwards.

I usually pass a racing snake on my way back home, must be 5' 10" and 10-10.5 stone I reckon, possibly lighter. He's always wrapped up and doesn't even seem to be breaking a sweat. Something to aim for in my old age. :)
    I planned to go out this morning but my neck and shoulders are REALLY tight after running on Monday, so thought best to give it another day to let them ease. I hate it when I miss a session though. I get really agitated and it puts me in a bad mood. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33901
    So much for having a day off.
    I have a very bouncy dog in front of me.
    On with the trainers then. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    joneve said:

I planned to go out this morning but my neck and shoulders are REALLY tight after running on Monday, so thought best to give it another day to let them ease. I hate it when I miss a session though. I get really agitated and it puts me in a bad mood. 
    I know what you mean, or at least I did until I went through a short period of feeling tired and run down. I'm getting out of that now though, aiming for 4 runs this week and hope to get back up above 30 miles a week fairly soon.
    23rd Aug:  863km + 6km = 869km 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24782
    BigMonka said:
    My youngest spawn challenged me. She's 11.

She told me I was old, and she was young and fit and she'd bet me ice cream that she was fitter.

So we went for a run together this morning. Who was a sweaty heap on the floor after only 3.5k?

Not me!

She wants to keep running with me - so I'm lowering my distances to where she can manage. I'm sure she'll be fitter than me in no time at all. In fact I'm betting that in a month she's be doing 5K without difficulty.
    That's brilliant! I'm looking forward to my kids being old enough to do things like that with them, a great bonding opportunity with your kids
    She has suggested that she aims for the local Parkrun at the next half term break

(We both attend a local music trust orchestra during term time)

I've never been to a Parkrun, but if she wants to give it a go, there are 2 close to me, and a third is being started. Sounds like a plan to me!
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    5.7 mile fartlek last night. All good :-)
    4 miles this morning. Shins still giving me jip (gip?), moreso when my run has finished. Compression socks and better insoles seem to be helping, but not enough to be completely rid of them, which is concerning with the Bristol half in less than 4 weeks. 
    7 miles this morning. I seem to be returning to form although 2 consecutive days of 7 miles each is pretty knackering.
    24th Aug:  869km + 6km = 875km 
    25th Aug:  875km + 5km = 880km 

She is keeping me fit.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    Couple more runs in the books 393k for the year now
    5km this morning. No shin pain!
    Excellent!

9 miles yesterday, including Parkrun in 23:41. I pulled something slightly, in or around my left achilles, so I'm probably off for a few days.
    I gigged this afternoon.

Clearly my watch confuses drumming with walking/running.

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    30.5 miles yesterday. 14.3 miles today. Tough runs in this heat!  Final week of hard training. Now to taper and get recovered for my race in 4 weeks. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    Did a 12k today which is my longest ever run. 
    Really enjoyed it.

Up to 406k for the year now.
  • 765+ 27= 792
    Good week this week. I'm going to try to get a run in today so I maintain my 100k per month average. 
    3 miles on Saturday morning, rest yesterday. 

And 10 miles tonight. The furthest I've ever run by 3 miles, which is nice. Good pace too, especially in this heat. Rest day tomorrow I think