2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    5 miles through the quarry yesterday, and Parkrun last Saturday.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    5 miles through Bradley Stoke today.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Excellent. Good to see you're doing parkrun. I'm RD at my local parkrun for next 2 weeks and then going to get out to actually run it lol
    875+ 45= 920
    Only 120k in the last two months. Not good enough! 
    Only 80k to the target though. 
    Good running.  Target seems achievable :-)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Boo Hoo. As mentioned some time ago, I had to give up running 4 months ago due to osteo-arthritis of the hip and knee, basically I have worn them out. Anyway, for some time I have wanted to go and have a go at the old 5K Parkrun again, just to see if I could still get around. So yeah, this saturday I thought 'Go for it!'. Ran around and was reasonably pleased with my 24 mins 8 secs, but, oh dear. Not having run for months, not having warmed up sufficiently, I DESTROYED my leg muscles! ALL Sat/Sun/Mon I have been hobbling around like a little old man. My legs feeling like I've been given a good going over with a baseball bat. To call it unpleasant is a big understatement. 

Anyway, I'm hoping to do the occasional Parkrun. I shall prepare much better next time though!
  • That's a good time after 4 months off!
  • Not to put it too lightly, my cheap running shorts with mesh inner brief have destroyed my nethers! Never again! They were from sports direct, I'll have to stick with their more expensive stuff.
    4 mile halloween fancy dress run through the woods last night. We had members from 5 local clubs turn up and around 60 runners. Plenty of scary stories in the woods and a few surprises making peeps jump! Followed by a social in the pub. Great fun.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Parkrun on Saturday, 23:59 so getting back to where I was slowly. Then 5 miles yesterday and today. Today especially felt good, I'm getting used to my new less-minimal-more-transitional daps, and they have a lot of bounce.
  • 920+ 15= 935 
    Getting there. 
    That 15k was done on Sunday. HEAVY legs after 25miles delivering a tandem (solo) to my parents house got it done though. 65k to go!
  • 5 miles yesterday. I felt quite tired, but I'm happy that I pushed myself a bit. It may have had something to do with the "5:2" fast I did on Wednesday.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Just signed up for the Brighton Marathon, my first.  What have I let myself in for?
    First though I have to get through the St. Neots half, on Sunday 19th, which happens to be my birthday.
    Winding down training slightly for that, I will probably do 10-15K this Sunday.  I've done that half marathon twice before but I am not going to beat any PB this time round.
    @aord43 just signed up for Brighton marathon myself yesterday. Good route with not much elevation so a good PB route. Although if your first it's always a PB ;-)
  • 65k short of my 1000k goal I have my first significant injury. I've dislocated my knee...
    This could make the outstanding balance MUCH more challenging than I anticipated. 
    edited November 2017
    Great run this morning combined with a remembrance service beforehand. 10 mile run through country lanes. This is my last coaching group for the year with around 30 runners(that I coached) . I ran it with a small group of those, doing 10 miles for their first time.  Aim was 1:50 but managed to keep them just under pace and averaged 10:19m/m giving 1:43 so all really pleased with their time.  Great medal, tea and bacon roll afterwards.

Just coming back from my lower leg injury so mileage is down compared to last year but any miles are better than sitting on the sofa.

=1388m/2233km

• Parkrun on Saturday in 23:40, which was pretty much running my guts out.
    excellent - good time.
  • I'm more happy with the effort than the time! :)
  • 5 miles around the quarry.
  • 5.5 miles around the quarry today, 5 miles around the nature trail yesterday.