Terry Morgan 59 Reissue

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Could I build one and if Gibson came calling I could say "it's ok, it's a Terry Morgan"?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Jalapeno said:
    @guitars4you did the guitar that started all this pass muster ?
    did you mean was it a great guitar ? - I've sold a few Tom Murphy LP's over the years - Strange they have the same initials - I've sold a few Collectors Choice LP's - I've sold a few Custom or Historic Collection LP's and it is fair to say that the TM was a mighty fine LP both with regard to how it looks, plays and sounds - If I said it was better than the Gibson Guitars I've played then maybe a touch unfair to those who have purchased those Gibson LP's from me and to be truthful any LP that suits one person won't suit another - But yes it ranks very highly - Yet this blog is now on its 12th page and without going back over all postings then I think you are the first to ask was it a good guitar ?

it was sold to a respected FB member who later purchased another TM 59 so that is some statement in its own right - I know of a few other FB members who own or have owned a TM as well and I'm sure each would vouch for the quality of the instrument

At the time I had a number of PM's from interested parties and I still get PM's from potential buyers today - I think this blog has scored quite highly on google searches - So rightly or wrongly a market exist
    Ironic that the initials are ™ innit?  :D
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    Does Terry Morgan do banknotes? Passports? Driving licenses? 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12940
    edited June 2017
    impmann said:

I think some folks need to take a step back and realise that there are worse things in this world. And if someone with the money to buy a genuine burst gets fooled into buying a fake because they were too tight to refer to an expert before parting with their money, then on their own head be it. None of us have that sort of money so why get so worked up about it.

Of course there are worse things in this world. But this is an on topic section of a guitar forum for goodness sake. Everything is first world problems in the on topic sections here. As a result fake guitars are one of the most contentious issues which is ever going to get discussed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Wouldn't mind playing a real Terry Morgan myself after reading this thread. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5293
    edited June 2017
    they sound like great guitars thes Terry Morgan so much so that i would be worried about getting a real Gibson passed off as a terry morgan
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    mgaw said:
    they sound like great guitars thes Terry Morgan so much so that i would be worried about getting a real Gibson passed off as a terry morgan
    Yes, but you have to admit, Gibson do some incredibly accurate TM replicas.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    How much do they go for???
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    usedtobe said:
    If you have to ask then you can't afford it ;)
    mgaw said:

Do they come with a book of Terry Morgan puns and jokes as case candy?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    edited June 2017
    bingefeller said:
    Yes - written by @Bridgehouse and I....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bingefeller said:

lol!
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    edited June 2017
    Sassafras said:
    mgaw said:

If only they did then he and others like him wouldnt be in the business very long. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    bingefeller said:
    Ah the hours of fun we had doing the "1001 Bumper Book of Terry Morgan Puns and Jokes"

We best get a move on and finish off the follow up "Best of the Fretboard - 1001 puns and quips"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14363
    tFB Trader
    bingefeller said:
    Ah the hours of fun we had doing the "1001 Bumper Book of Terry Morgan Puns and Jokes"

We best get a move on and finish off the follow up "Best of the Fretboard - 1001 puns and quips"
    that should do the trick - I'll buy the Gibson now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    mgaw said:
    No they don't, thats the whole point!! ;)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    usedtobe said:
    There was one in a shop near me a while back that was probably £3k more than a second hand R9 would have been priced at.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I went through this process when I was looking for an LP. I plumped for a Gibson in the end for various reasons and I'm perfectly happy with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    crunchman said:
    usedtobe said:
    There was one in a shop near me a while back that was probably £3k more than a second hand R9 would have been priced at.
    Was it 3k better or does one have to pay 3k for that .0001% extra "historic accuracy"? 

Seriously, what says "entitlement of the white upper/middle-class from the most privileged generation" more than an expensive but illegal guitar? It's just a Les Paul, practically no better than an old Tokai. "But I've got several thousand pounds in my pocket and I'm entitled to whatever guitar I want". Spend it on a good therapist instead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited June 2017
    Wouldn't mind playing a real Terry Morgan myself after reading this thread. 
    Me too. I bet they're fantastic.

I'm sure you could get someone else to knock up a similarly excellent fake for significantly less than the price of a TM - or, indeed, an R8 or R9. Assuming I was going to keep it forever and not risk selling it, I'd think long and hard about it.

I mean, those are actually the best new Les Pauls you can get in terms of vintage accuracy.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."