Terry Morgan 59 Reissue

What's Hot
1171819202123»

Comments

• scalino65 said:
    So you let her out of the car this time:) did you try the gold Tops? Was very tempted by one of those. Was put off a bit by what to do if I decided to sell it on.
    Ha! Yes, she was very much awake this time which makes guitar buying a bit difficult! I was too into the burst to really give the goldtops a good trial but they were all lovely guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    That's gorgeous. What / where is EH?
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Interesting reading guys!

I’ll chip in as I recently purchased a ‘Stig’ replica burst. It has a G logo but I honestly would have bought it if it had ‘I’m a dickhead’ inlaid instead as it’s quite simply stunning both in looks and playability.
    https://i.imgur.com/OuCXk5e.jpg
    Logos and brand names don’t bother me at all but I do like the classic LP design and shape so the other ‘nearly there’ luthier builds don’t do it for me aesthetically. I’m actually considering sending it back to the maker to inlay his own logo on it so I can show it off here without being dragged into a TM style thread! But just look at it!
    https://i.imgur.com/10unyJ6.jpg
    Simply lovely ! 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Plectrum said:
    Given that UK Customs are starting to impound/destroy Chibsons, presumably in response to complaints from Gibson, I hope that it's only a matter of time before Atoyboy's supplier has to be just that for a group of "old lags".
    Most of their vintage stock comes from US dealers like Jay Rosen. I quite often see guitars advertised in the U.S appear on Atoyboys website a month later. Bet none of the UK vintage dealers pay the correct duty either!

The big issue now is CITES - even if you now import into the EU a  guitar with a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard that was made prior to 1992, it still requires a new certificate - in fact 2 certificates - 1 to leave the USA and 1 for arrival into the EU - Without this CITES certificate you are breaking the law and the guitar can be confiscated if caught - Different criteria if the guitar was already in the UK/EU prior to 1992 - but 'fresh imports' require such a certificate

For Brazilian rosewood, it's worse than that.  For commercial sales, the EU uses the same 1947 date as it does for ivory despite it not going on the CITES list until 1992.  You could bring a 65 Strat over from the US as a personal possession, but you couldn't legally sell it.  If it's already in the UK/EU you are ok, but you can't bring one across borders.
    Wanted to ask about that. I have an upcoming trip to the US. 

If if I buy a guitar from a dealer there and fly back with it. Can I do so without CITES paperwork?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    peteri said:
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Plectrum said:
    Given that UK Customs are starting to impound/destroy Chibsons, presumably in response to complaints from Gibson, I hope that it's only a matter of time before Atoyboy's supplier has to be just that for a group of "old lags".
    Most of their vintage stock comes from US dealers like Jay Rosen. I quite often see guitars advertised in the U.S appear on Atoyboys website a month later. Bet none of the UK vintage dealers pay the correct duty either!

The big issue now is CITES - even if you now import into the EU a  guitar with a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard that was made prior to 1992, it still requires a new certificate - in fact 2 certificates - 1 to leave the USA and 1 for arrival into the EU - Without this CITES certificate you are breaking the law and the guitar can be confiscated if caught - Different criteria if the guitar was already in the UK/EU prior to 1992 - but 'fresh imports' require such a certificate

For Brazilian rosewood, it's worse than that.  For commercial sales, the EU uses the same 1947 date as it does for ivory despite it not going on the CITES list until 1992.  You could bring a 65 Strat over from the US as a personal possession, but you couldn't legally sell it.  If it's already in the UK/EU you are ok, but you can't bring one across borders.

If if I buy a guitar from a dealer there and fly back with it. Can I do so without CITES paperwork?
    you certainly can with Indian rosewood - I'm not so sure about Brazilian - best chat with authorities on this - even with Indian rosewood board - get a receipt with serial number, date of manufacture and stating it is Indian rosewood

Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)

Telephone: 0117 372 3700 | Email: wildlife.licensing@apha.gsi.gov.uk

Website: www.gov.uk/apha | Twitter: @APHAgovuk | Facebook: aphagov

Address: UK CITES Management Authority, Centre for International Trade - Bristol

Horizon House, Deanery Road, Bristol, BS1 5AH

• johnl said:
    That's gorgeous. What / where is EH?
    http://www.guitaravenue.com/
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    So, who is "The Stig"?
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    poopot said:
    No, I am pretty sure that is actually Terry Morgan.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    peteri said:
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Plectrum said:

you certainly can with Indian rosewood - I'm not so sure about Brazilian - best chat with authorities on this - even with Indian rosewood board - get a receipt with serial number, date of manufacture and stating it is Indian rosewood

Address: UK CITES Management Authority, Centre for International Trade - Bristol

Thanks. Called them and they extremely helpful- all good for a personal possession, vintage guitar to be brought in. They even gave me the details of their US counterpart- since they said a guitar could be seized at exit. 

The US were shite. Insisting on full species details before answering
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    peteri said:
    peteri said:
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Plectrum said:

Thanks. Called them and they extremely helpful- all good for a personal possession, vintage guitar to be brought in. They even gave me the details of their US counterpart- since they said a guitar could be seized at exit. 

The US were shite. Insisting on full species details before answering
    glad it helped - and to be honest we could all do with clarity as to how it works smoothly and effectively