Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Maybe she could have you lagged for the winter ?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A bouncy castle?
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    edited October 2017
    Something engraved is nice. 
    I guess though... I have an engraved wedding ring! 
    Maybe I need a lifetime supply of sausage to put weight on, because my ring feels like it's about to fall off all the time, so I need to put weight on lol
    Are you taking enough care if yourself Thomas?Eating enough?

What you're doing and how you're handling it is amazing,but remember to look after yourself too  :)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14375
    tFB Trader
    don't know if you drink or not or what tipple - a 'presentation' crystal brandy/whisky decanter and again engraved
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24441
    I'm just wondering if you could get something that is uniquely her - maybe a plaster cast of her face, an imprint of her kiss or a fingerprint etched onto a gold/silver pendant.  Something that you will always have that will always be her.

Just a suggestion.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    thomasross20 said:
    because my ring feels like it's about to fall off all the time
    I get that sometimes after a good curry. Not unusual mate, don't worry.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31663
    I'd say make a memory of some sort by doing something, although obviously you'll have to work around her lack of mobility and energy. 

The problem with "things", like watches or keepsakes of any kind is that if you lost it or broke it in five years' time you'd be heartbroken way above and beyond its intrinsic value. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited October 2017
    p90fool said:
    I'd say make a memory of some sort by doing something, although obviously you'll have to work around her lack of mobility and energy. 

The problem with "things", like watches or keepsakes of any kind is that if you lost it or broke it in five years' time you'd be heartbroken way above and beyond its intrinsic value. 

That's always my thought too on keepsakes, the thought of losing it would keep me from having it in the first place.

I have an idea Tom, I think an idea you may be very much against, but a good one. Have a tattoo, something to remind you of her (her signature, finger print, fav line from a poem) you will never lose it and it will create a memory too.

You strike me as someone who'd be against tattoos but what a brilliant way to always have her with you, and create some smiles for the memory bank.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    I'd suggest recording her reading a favourite book or something - It's quite a shock when you realise you can't remember how someone's voice used to sound.

You could even do something similar to the sunscreen song and set it to some awesome music.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • If she's still enjoying food you could sort out some awesome food.  Wonder if there are any fancy restaurants nearby, Michelin type stuff, if you both fancy it
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1543
    I havent posted on this thread for not really having the right words. But you strike me as someone with 2 loves in your life - your music and your wife. I wonder if it may be possible to combine the two?
    I dont know if your finances would allow it, but if you were in a position to comission a guitar then having a memento included (say an impression of a fingerprint as part of a fingerboard inlay - for example my Brook has a marquetry inlay of the beach where my dads ashes were scattered) would be a subtle yet extremely personsal affair.
    Either way, from other posts of yours i am sure you will decide upon something sensitive, appropriate and with deep meaning to both of you.

Adam
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5296
    If she's still enjoying food you could sort out some awesome food.  Wonder if there are any fancy restaurants nearby, Michelin type stuff, if you both fancy it
    Restaurant Martin Wishart is a good shout and i know him well from back in the day, so could potentially sort out the logistics...ooooh i feel a whip round brewing
  • I'll get back to you guys later :)
    Don't worry about whip round, you guys have done enough for us and then some! :)
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2379
    The fingerprint onto a jewellery item is a good idea. 

If if you go down the guitar route, Rothko and Frost will turn a signature into an abalone (or whatever other material) and even route into a headstock or veneer. 

I had had it done twice with my own sig

Gives you the option to get a customised music gift :) 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5554
    I got one of these kits for my girlfriend moving in with me. Birthday or otherwise I think it would be a great idea for you and Sheena to do and you could hold hands forever. They do a family kit too.

http://shop.edinburghcasting.com/couple-casting-kit/

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-dpsubivgp/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/112/495/Engagement_Wedding_Gift_Couple_Hand_Body_Casting_Lifecasting_Kit_copy__36819.1484061107.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24441
    DiscoStu said:
    They do a family kit too.
    I've just had one done for my family....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    those casts are actually not too tricky to DIY. Bag of alginate, put your hands in to make the mold. allow to set. Fill mold with plaster of paris, dry, remove mold, trim.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited October 2017
    Given the situation, we've got quite a lot of personalised gifts already, the ring is engraved, and we got one of these 3D crystals done in Disney which is actually really cool because I can see the 3D image of her face - I'd be gutted if that ever smashed! 

Tattoo probably a no-go but thanks! 

Recording her voice... that's an idea, right enough.. we are doing a fair number of videos right now but that is cool. 

I'd love Michelin star but she's a plain eater. 

@Kalimna that's very cool! I couldn't afford it at all right now but it's a very cool idea!

@PVO_Dave - are you saying I could get something like that done to my existing guitars? That would be super cool......
    How much for that? I'll have to check the website..!
    --> I wonder if there's anybody in Edinburgh that could do that... there are a few techs but I don't know if they do this. I'd want it done to perfection (probably on my Larrivee headstock.. that springs to mind as first idea, anyway).

@DiscoStu (and @Snap I guess!) that's also cool - you just do that at home with the kit? Does it come out ok? 
    Hmm..

Sorry for late reply - a million and one things on the go!

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2379

@PVO_Dave - are you saying I could get something like that done to my existing guitars? That would be super cool......
    How much for that? I'll have to check the website..!

Potentially I guess, you’d need to ask them what they’d be comfortable doing, they got the sweats when I sent them the necks to do :)

You could maybe see if Graham (GSP) has any necks ready/nearly ready that you might fancy building a guitar round, he’s very reasonable and the guitars he makes are fantastic (does all the build work for Feline). Gives you the option of a project then. 

Can’t remember the exact price, there is a setup fee form them to sort the artwork, then the CNC’ing and the abalone insert, not talking huge amounts!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5554
    Yeah you just do it at home. We've yet to make ours (waiting to get a nice unit to put it on first) but by all accounts it doesn't take too long.