Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    Heartbreaking and inspiring in equal measure.  No profundity here but I'm sorry for your loss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    My deepest sympathies to you and all of your family Thomas.

This has been one of the most desperately sad, hard to read and yet also inspiring threads I have ever read.

Much love to you all for the trying times ahead and I am sure your amazing strength of character will help see you all through the dark days.

I have no words really other than please be well and look after yourselves.

Apologies for avoiding posting here before now but it is a bit close to home. I fucking hate cancer!!

R.I.P.           Sheena

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8565
    So sorry for your loss Thomas. The courage and strength you’ve shown throughout has been frankly unbelievable. 

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6302
    Deepest sympathies, Thomas.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I'm so sorry, Thomas

You've been truly inspirational through all of this
    Stop crying, start buying
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    Tom, you have been miraculous throughout this whole time.  Best wishes to you & all of the family.

RIP Sheena
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Can't think what to write....all I can do is echo everyone else's comments. 

RIP Sheena, and Tom you are an absolute star. 

Best wishes. 

Col. 
  • As so many have said, so so sorry to hear the news, Tom. Take care of yourself and the family.

All the best, Dennis
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    Sincere condolences, heartbreaking to read and I`m not sure what to type but you are inspirational.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14668
    tFB Trader
    Sheena passed away tonight.
    She is the love of my life and the best of us.
    I love you, Sheena.
    Me and You, Just us Two. Always and forever.
    I've been out of touch for a day or so due to the guitarsshow in London - saw @thorphyfx and he told me the news - So sorry and I dare say like all FB members, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and Sheena's kids, family and friends - I know many will say it is for the best in the end as she will no longer have to suffer, and maybe it is, but somehow it doesn't feel right

I dare say you've had the first night back at home now on your own and that can't be easy - feeling hopeless and despair - the whole situation does remind me of a similar situation with my mum when she died of cancer - For ages I the memory that said with me the longest was the last 30 mins when I was with her, but it was not good to see her struggle so much in that time - Along with the last few mins after she died when you say goodbye knowing you'll not be able to ever see her again - As time this passes and you remember far more nicest days and memories
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14668
    tFB Trader
    Sheena passed away tonight.
    She is the love of my life and the best of us.
    I love you, Sheena.
    Me and You, Just us Two. Always and forever.
    I've been out of touch for a day or so due to the guitar show in London - saw @thorphyfx and he told me the news - So sorry and I dare say like all FB members, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and Sheena's kids, family and friends - I know many will say it is for the best in the end as she will no longer have to suffer, and maybe it is, but somehow it doesn't feel right

I dare say you've had the first night back at home now on your own and that can't be easy - feeling hopeless and despair - the whole situation does remind me of when my mum also of cancer and only 49 - For ages the memory that said with me the longest was the last 30 mins when I was with her in hospital, but it was not good to see her struggle so much during that time - Along with the memories with her, about 20 mins after she died, giving her a cuddle on the bed, when you say goodbye knowing you'll not be able to ever see her again - As time this passes and you remember far more nicest days and memories

Whatever the future holds for you and the kids then I wish you all the very best wishes
  • camfcamf Frets: 1195
    Very sorry to hear the sad news, Tom. My best wishes to you all.

Cam
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9674
    Tom,

I guess most of us feel saddened, touched, inspired, humbled and unsure of what to say next.

Thank you for sharing and reminding us how fragile, and yet uplifting, it all can be.

Very proud of Sheenas and your wonderful example.

Every blessing mate x
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I've been reading this post since day one and it's touched the core of me. You've taught us all a massive lesson, mate. You've been beyond amazing throughout the whole thing. Be strong and take care. All the best.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2648
    edited October 2017
    So sorry to hear this news Tom. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    so sorry Tom, I've put something in a PM mate,

x
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited October 2017
    Guys, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep writing on this thread. Maybe even revive it every year on her birthday or similar. I don't mean it to be "me me me" but I want to keep her memory alive and this is a log of what happened and when and that's important to me. Nobody has to comment, I would just like to write, for me.

I've received some PMs and I promise I will reply when I have the time. 

Firstly... I'm thinking about placing a tree in the bottom-right corner of the garden. She always loved cherry blossoms. However she wouldn't have wanted a massive tree, and I'm sure the neighbours wouldn't... so, does anybody know if you can get some sort of dwarf cherry blossom tree? Or control the size by keeping it in a pot? 

I feel a little better physically today after some rest. Yesterday, I just sat there for about 4 hours in the kitchen staring into space. However, the sun came out and although I'm not religious I felt it was Sheena smiling upon me. So I thought..I'll take care of these girls, I'm going to go to the Botanics with them. Sheena loved the Botanics, it was a sunny, day, it was perfect. But get this... 5 minutes from getting there, I got a text from her brother-in-law saying him and his wife were also going to the Botanics! Honestly, what were the chances... I thought "is this Sheena bringing us together?" 

I later went to Marie Curie to pick up my car. I decided to go back in and took a picture of the whiteboard in the lounge. On it, staff asked "who is your hero?" and I wrote at the time, "Sheena: my wife, my life!! Thank you for caring for her!" 

I asked the nurse detailed questions about the passing and although I wont repeat what was said, let's say I don't think a human being need go through all that they do in a situation like this. It gets to a stage where a greater kindness could be performed. Also, more confirmation she wouldn't have felt anything, and although her eyes opened at the end, she really couldn't see us, else she'd have been feeling pain, which we don't want. Lastly.... I asked how this would have gone had we stayed at home. And the answer was... much worse. Because of certain incidents, I would have had to call nurses out and possibly wait up to two hours each time without the right equipment to deal with things. It would have been a disaster to have tried to handle at home. So it was a real blessing Sheena got into hospice, and I recommend that to anybody in this situation. Don't do it at home.

Later I visited friends and then my parents. Today I hope to do some of the admin required. 

I look out of the window this morning and all the pansies in the pots on our fence posts have withered. Literally overnight. Sheena loved her pansies. I asked last night "Sheena... did you bring us together at the Botanics? Give me some sort of sign" and I wonder if this was her saying she is leaving us now. Maybe that sounds really silly but I need to grab onto something, and it's all a bit of a coincidence.

I should add here... folk say I did a good job etc. But let me tell you this... and it's not grief talking. Sheena was a much better person than me. She did everything for everybody. I'm not just saying this. She just doesn't post on internet forums and it's a shame I can't convey just how brilliant she was and what she did for everybody. it makes the fall even harder. I know things about her nobody else does. She is one of those golden people in life you rarely meet. It was my honour and privilege to spend my time with her and I'd do it all again knowing the outcome. 
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4366
    Sad news. My condolences. 

My mother in law was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour on 29th March 2017, and passed away on Sunday 15th October 2017. 

My wife was taking care of her so I understand what you must have been through recently. 

All the best. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• So sorry to just read your sad news. Deepest condolences. I'm sure all our thoughts are with you at this time.
    It's not a competition.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited October 2017
    My condolences to those who have lost loved ones as written on this thread - my case isn't special (though Sheena was). Cancer and associated diseases touch everybody.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom