Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12484
    Maybe in time I'll cut  myself some slack. 

I'm checking Google Drive storage out... 1TB is £8 a month. 
    I have about 300GB of photos and videos of Sheena that I know about. It's something I'll think on and try to act on soon, in addition to the hardware backups. 

Just watching a video she made for me on our honeymoon, stuff it - I want to see it.
    EDIT - it was lovely. Really lovely. 
    A decent 1 terrabyte external hard drive is only about £60. Get a couple of those, do copies of your files to both drives. You then have a back up and a back up of the backup. Sorted.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What if I'm burgled..? I know.. off-site etc..

Get this. The wedding videographer is giving me the whole 3 hours raw footage. More shots of Sheena. He says he watched our video again and it jumps out in a sea of videos he's made as one of the most loving !
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2017
    What if I'm burgled..? I know.. off-site etc..

Get this. The wedding videographer is giving me the whole 3 hours raw footage. More shots of Sheena. He says he watched our video again and it jumps out in a sea of videos he's made as one of the most loving !
    Yeah, leave one of the drives with someone else. Or get yourself a safe. There's always ways of dealing with it. 

Nice of the video guy to give you the raw footage, Sheena really does seem to have brought out the best in everyone. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16046

love to you Thomas

XXX

John

tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    My sincerest condolences.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited October 2017
    I need to read this thread through from the start. I can't believe it. From terminal diagnosis to the wedding and the house and Disney and seeing it start to get worse, to the aids in the house, to the medication and care and eventual passing. Just unbelievable. It really is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I'd print it out and keep a copy somewhere safe. if only to look back on in the future.
  • Google drive and a cheap passport drive is definitely the way to go mate - do both. 500 gb passport drive doesn't cost much at all. There is a Toshiba one on Amazon for 35 quid at the moment. 
  • I'll do that, actually (print off this thread)...

I've got a few passport drives. It's really cloud storage I need to do. 

Here is something I feel bad about. Sheena placed ultimate faith in me. She had nothing to hide. She told me her passwords for everything. Email, bank accounts, you name it. I never checked any, of course!! But I never did the same for her. I just never believed in it or didn't want to. But she did.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Here is something I feel bad about. Sheena placed ultimate faith in me. She had nothing to hide. She told me her passwords for everything. Email, bank accounts, you name it. I never checked any, of course!! But I never did the same for her. I just never believed in it or didn't want to. But she did.
    It wouldn't matter how much I trust someone, I wouldn't give that information to them unless there was some specific reason it was required. No need to feel bad - if she felt ok with sharing that, then that's her decision, but it's not something you should feel bad about not doing. Far from unreasonable.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited October 2017
    I just feel it made her extra special to open up like that when I couldn't reciprocate - not that she asked! Thanks @Bucket.

You know what's next... All the clothes she has. I'm thinking I keep them there. For as long as I like. Taking them out feels wrong.

EDIT - just signed up for Google Drive £80 a year for 1TB storage. I wont fill it but it'll be massive peace of mind in case my drives and computer ever get stolen. I would be DEVASTATED if I lost all the pictures and videos... so I'm doing something about it right now. Even if it's not the right solution, I can change in a year, but at least I'm doing something about it now.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I just feel it made her extra special to open up like that when I couldn't reciprocate - not that she asked! Thanks @Bucket.

You know what's next... All the clothes she has. I'm thinking I keep them there. For as long as I like. Taking them out feels wrong.

EDIT - just signed up for Google Drive £80 a year for 1TB storage. I wont fill it but it'll be massive peace of mind in case my drives and computer ever get stolen. I would be DEVASTATED if I lost all the pictures and videos... so I'm doing something about it right now. Even if it's not the right solution, I can change in a year, but at least I'm doing something about it now.
    I've got a corporate OneDrive subscription - 10tb storage. If you want, and if you can send me a copy somehow, I will upload it and keep a copy safe on my account so you have a spare spare. You can lock it, zip it and password protect it if you like as well. 

As a corporate account it never gets deleted or switched off - by law they have to keep the contents active for 25 years anyway for accounting purposes. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 342
    So sorry for your loss Tom. If there were more people that had the love that you and Sheena shared then the world would be a better place. 
    I love my brick
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    I've tended to avoid this thread as I found it all too difficult, don't know why I decided to read it tonight.
    Honestly don't know what to say other than offering our deepest condolences - seems such an empty sentiment but words completely fail me. 
    Take care x
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Sheena passed away tonight.
    She is the love of my life and the best of us.
    I love you, Sheena.
    Me and You, Just us Two. Always and forever.
    Mate, I’m so sorry to hear this and I’m sorry I’m late in posting this message. I have stopped in now and again to read your updates, I apologise for not contributing very much. 

Thinking of you, stay strong. 
  • I'm going to make the wake a celebration of her life. We've got a stand from the funeral director for a canvas. The celebrant is coming tomorrow (I'm trying to limit the amount of people who come to chirp in). I'm going to get her favourite songs on CD to play softly in the background. And we're getting a memory box and bits of paper so people can write their memories of her. 
    Hanging on to her clothes is understandable, it's far too early for you emotionally to do anything with them yet. 

Massive props to @Bridgehouse for sorting out the file storage. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    edited November 2017
     I think like many I've followed the thread but have been unable to write/say anything. I've started many responses but nothing has seemed appropriate. I still don't know what to say, so just all the best to you, you've done an amazing thing.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7415
    I'm so sorry that this happened.
    I married last year, but my wife has been my best friend since we were 13 years old and I can't even begin to imagine going through this. I'd just like to think that I'd be able to do what you have if it does happen.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    one of the things I've learnt is that there's no timetable on grief. When you are ready to clear out her things, you are ready and only you will know. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom