Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    I don't know you, but my deepest condolences for you - I know how hard it is losing someone you love. Just remember you did everything you could, and that you helped ensure her last days were spent with someone who truly loved her completely, and she knew this.

All the best mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    Hope everything went as well as could be expected today Tommy. Thinking of you and the girls today. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2596
    tFB Trader
    tough day, but I hope you have been overwhelmed by love and affection of her/your loved ones, thinking of you you. Take care
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    Only just saw the recent news. So sorry for you and the girls.  Thinking about you all.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    so so sorry matey...
    thinking of you Tiggs....

play every note as if it were your first
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited November 2017
    The humanist funeral went very well. For the first time I heard Sheena's 14-verse (in rhyme) eulogy, which was brilliant. She's recorded a video of her saying it herself, so I'll watch that at some point. I did my own speech which went down well - I was shaky right at the end of it but got through it. There were over 100 people for the funeral and I think for the wake, too. We played music she liked at the wake, and took the canvas (of her) & stand from the funeral to the wake. Raised a lot of money (yet to be counted) for Lothian Cat Rescue & Marie Curie. The memory box the girls made (painted green with pictures of cats and Paris on it) is full of notes saying nice things about Sheena. Lots of food and drink. I think the (lovely) service card and my speech is something personal I'll keep to myself - I know I've posted just about everything else on here. And now back to the house to face the quiet.

What a journey since February when I first mentioned our devastating news. My own journey wont end until I see Sheena again, which she hoped wouldn't be for a long time. What she has done since February (and even before then over the last ten years, to be honest) shows what life is all about, how to compose yourself and get things done, how to be a good person and support others. Thank you, Sheena - for everything.
    0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24852
    edited November 2017
    Sounds like you did Sheena proud....
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I'm glad today went well, im sure she will be sending you plenty of signs in the future to remind you that she is still watching over you.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I’m glad it went as well as it possibly could have Tom. You’ve done so much that you need to ensure you now take as long as you need to grieve and take as much time as you can for your own self having been so selfless.

Dexter is very grateful for your efforts to cat rescue!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited November 2017
    Millie is a rescue cat.
    She wants to say "Thank You" as well...

https://i.imgur.com/eVA6LSP.jpg

• Sheena would love these cat pictures! :) 
    Thanks, all!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Alnico said:
    Millie is a rescue cat.
    She wants to say "Thank You" as well...

https://i.imgur.com/eVA6LSP.jpg

Beautiful!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72719
    Remo was a rescue cat too - actually from Lothian Cat Rescue.

Thank you, Sheena.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Aw brilliant!
    I'll tally up the funeral donations when I have some time. 
    Just been forwarding the multitude of videos she left for family & friends. Letters and gifts, too. 
    I opened my build-a-bear from her last night with personalised message - that's right... I have a teddy bear now! :lol: :)
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I've just caught up with this thread and read the sad news. My sincere condolences to you and your family mate.

I have to say you are an inspiration. I hope I am never in the same position. But if I am I hope I can be as strong as you have been.
  • Thomas e-mailed me (privately) today to say that Sheena had passed away - God bless her Spirit !

Thomas, sorry, but i hadn’t been following this thread and thus was unaware of the news until you e-mailed earlier today.
    However, just e-mail me anytime about anything.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited November 2017
    Thank you! 

This is hopefully the only time I'll mention this but... Her son didn't take too kindly to the video he was left. There was good and bad said, but it was all truth and ended with a message of love. He has always had an issue which he was never man enough to resolve, despite Sheena holding out the olive branch. He messaged me saying lots of nasty things about Sheena. So I've set him straight (Sheena can't defend herself so I will) and cut off contact. People said he was coping in his own way but as I said, Sheena knew her son. And so did I. It's not been a good time in that regard.

It's been very lonely. I'm not taking joy out of things like watching films. I'm not playing guitar and I'm glad I never bought an expensive acoustic. Other than looking out for the girls, I don't know what to do with myself. Immediate friends aren't really here. Life is more grey and I can understand how loneliness is a real issue for older people. It's good to have the girls for company when they're here. Still lots and lots to do, not just related to the  estate, messages etc but also regarding care for my now autistic step daughter. It's all good, though. I do that gladly and will uphold my promise to look out for them both. Oh and I got all those photos and videos on Google drive, thank heavens. 

I miss everything about her. The cuddles and companionship, her good looks, our 100% open and honest conversations, going shopping with her, everything.

We raised near £900 for Lothian cat rescue and Marie curie and I might top it up to £1500 plus recurring annual donations. Lots of nice memories of Sheena written on card at the wake and put in the memory box the girls made.

Cheers for now!
  • Thomas, bear with me a bit...i have updated iPad iOS today and am having some difficulty with e-mails at the mo’. I hope to have it sorted asap.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717

It's been very lonely. I'm not taking joy out of things like watching films. I'm not playing guitar and I'm glad I never bought an expensive acoustic. Other than looking out for the girls, I don't know what to do with myself. 
    That is all an entirely natural and appropriate emotional response.

Don't beat yourself up about feeling that way - or any way at all - as you've got huge amounts of emotion and stress to deal with and work through.

Probably a good thing that you're feeling like this now, and  facing it all now, rather than bottling it up and having it all explode on you at some future (unexpected) time.  

Gradually the pain will pass.    It might not feel like it right now, but that's the power of time.    The memories will stay forever, but you'll remember the happy times more and the pain of the last few weeks and months will be put into perspective against the years of happiness. 

The smiles will outweigh the  sadness - though I guess she'll always be able to bring a tear to your eye.

Take it easy.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey, Tom,

I'm sure this will come across as patronising and glib or even crass, but it's not meant to. I just want to recommend you go get yourself some grief counselling. It will really help you come to terms with what's happened, but even more important, your feelings, and show you that everything you're going through is completely normal.

Take it easy, young man. You're bigger and stronger than you think, you know.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.