Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

He's back to start a war on brexit

What's Hot
167891012»

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    ICBM said:
    Not necessarily. For me neither side had anything like a convincing case either, and it only got worse during the campaign. How I voted was not determined by anything that any of them said as far as I know.
    I found myself in exactly the same place..
    even on the day of voting I wasn't 100% certain one way or the other..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It was a tough choice for me too given the laughable campaign on both sides. 

Although I voted Remain I accept the result, more so given Blair wants to get involved.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Clarky said:

I found myself in exactly the same place..
    even on the day of voting I wasn't 100% certain one way or the other..
    my wife's always like that.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Still surprised at the lack of concern on here about where we are currently headed.

Accepting the referendum result is fine. But Parliament are pushing us towards hard Brexit like lemmings. Do we really want this?

Even Norway think we are insane. Leaving the single market and customs union. US Banks are already pulling out and others will follow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Blair = lying toerag.

His mendacity on the Iraq war disqualifies his public promouncements on any topic IMNSHO.

Evferytime he pops up he should be asked how the middle east was improved by his role as peace ambassador ?

I voted Remain, but we should just get on with it.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    mellowsun said:
    Still surprised at the lack of concern on here about where we are currently headed.

Accepting the referendum result is fine. But Parliament are pushing us towards hard Brexit like lemmings. Do we really want this?

Even Norway think we are insane. Leaving the single market and customs union. US Banks are already pulling out and others will follow.
    Why are we insane?

Look on this forum and pretty much the only reason people want to stay is trade - if I were a senior EU official I'd call it British greed. We want access to the single market but we won't sign up for the Euro and we won't sign up for closer integration, an EU army and the ultimate goal of an EU superstate.

The EU has a hole in its budget so if you want my opinion we're heading for full access to the single market, the ability to trade with other nations outside the EU, some control over immigration but free movement, the ECJ will still rule supreme and we'll still be bound by EU rules. The costs? About £5 billion per annum. Money talks.

Don't forget May is really a Remainer.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:

Not so sure about that - she appeared a very reluctant remainer during the referenduum run up.

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Jalapeno said:
    Fretwired said:

Not so sure about that - she appeared a very reluctant remainer during the referenduum run up.
    Cameron couldn't stand her and sidelined her. Had she been a Brexiteer she'd have joined Boris and co. Before she was PM she was viewed as cold and authoritarian. She hardly appeared on Question Time and when she did the public viewed her with suspicion. Look at her failed deportations, run in with judges both here an in Europe and her failure to deal with immigration. She wasn't popular. Cameron probably saw her as a liability.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    Fretwired said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Fretwired said:

Cameron couldn't stand her and sidelined her. Had she been a Brexiteer she'd have joined Boris and co. Before she was PM she was viewed as cold and authoritarian. She hardly appeared on Question Time and when she did the public viewed her with suspicion. Look at her failed deportations, run in with judges both here an in Europe and her failure to deal with immigration. She wasn't popular. Cameron probably saw her as a liability.
    I disagree about this as you already know. She never supported Remain in any meaningful way before or during the campaign, and has always been opposed to the European Courts and the ECHR.

But she wouldn't have wanted to come out as a Leaver when it was assumed that Cameron was going to win, since that would have damaged her future prospects, hence she needed to keep it as quiet as possible. Above all she puts her own interests first - the ruthless way she seized power when given the opportunity shows that too. She purposely hid her true beliefs - until she'd got it, and now she's a born-again Hard Brexiter. What a shock...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The Harder the Brexit the better. The EU is collapsing under the weight of its own contradictions. We pay 12bn a year to avoid a 5% WTO tariff on most goods. Moreover, we have been forbidden to do deals with any of the Anglo Sphere or Commonwealth countries , while in over 40 years the EU has managed one, with Canada. 

It is about high time May (PM of a democratic sovereign nation, Nuclear Power and provider of defense for much of Europe ) Told Junkers to go fuck himself. Germany and much of Western Europe had their defense budgets massively subsidized by UK taxpayers. Our historical contribution to EU assets, while clearly not as large as Germany´s is still significantly higher than the sum of all other members contributions. He is not in a position to demand money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • He is not in a position to not demand money

If the UK gets an easy time ,others will follow.

he has to make Brexit sting.

ICBM said:

I disagree about this as you already know. She never supported Remain in any meaningful way before or during the campaign, and has always been opposed to the European Courts and the ECHR.

But she wouldn't have wanted to come out as a Leaver when it was assumed that Cameron was going to win, since that would have damaged her future prospects, hence she needed to keep it as quiet as possible. Above all she puts her own interests first - the ruthless way she seized power when given the opportunity shows that too. She purposely hid her true beliefs - until she'd got it, and now she's a born-again Hard Brexiter. What a shock...
    She is on record in TV interviews saying she supports membership of the EU. She had a low profile as Cameron thought a Home Secretary who made bold claims about immigration but failed to control it was a liability.

She was on the BBC several times saying she supported remaining in the EU ... I can't find a single instance of her saying we should leave. I also think her aim is to pull a magic rabbit from the hat in which we leave whilst remaining ... read the mood music coming out of London and Berlin as well as Madrid and Eastern Europe. A sense a stitch-up.

And here she is saying we should remain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/25/theresa-may-wants-you-to-stay-in-the-eu-has-she-blown-her-chance/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918

He is not in a position to not demand money

Well, he has to try to make it sting...

Nitefly said:

He has to be seen to make it sting !

Feedback

If others follow doesn't that mean the EU is not worth being a member of? Are countries going to quit because we leave? I doubt it. Most depend on the EU gravy train ... including France.

• Uk's fucked either way
    Trumps protectionist policies are not going to offer a great deal.
    India and China are on the up and will hold the UK over a barrel.
    we are about to be raped.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Nitefly said:

He's sitting on a three legged stool and one of those legs is going.
  • up his arse
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Evilmags said:

It is about high time May (PM of a democratic sovereign nation, Nuclear Power 
    Given recent events, I think Nuclear Power is questionable? We lease a system from the US that may or may not work. It's very doubtful that we could use it on our own terms anyway. If we ever fell out with the US, they'd simply switch it off completely.

France on the other hand did develop its own nuclear capabilities ;)