Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    edited November 2018
    i was close to ditching it after last season, but i agree this one has been a welcome change. I liked the mid season finale, the vibe was kind of like the Thriller video, very old school creepy horror with the fog and the way it was lit.

I agree too about the whisperers, they seem to be able to guide the herds somehow while communicating with eachother - i don't think the walkers have evolved - although there is a lot of nonsense you have to just accept in a zombie show...

this is worth watching from the CDC episode in S1 if you've forgotten how the Walkers work

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12414
    Jalapeno said:

Didn't realise that was the mid season finale before reading it here. 
    Crap ! I thought it was only just getting going after the radical plot changes
    Not back until February. I hate these long midseries breaks, I know they’re supposed to keep the tension going but it makes the show lose a lot of momentum IMO. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • For zombie fans. This looks promising and has just dropped on to Netflix today
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-yByZpaaM
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    edited January 2019
    For zombie fans. This looks promising and has just dropped on to Netflix today
    Thanks. Looks superb, and has the divine Bae Doona (must be a Korean series).  Digging the funky hats !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Jalapeno said:
    For zombie fans. This looks promising and has just dropped on to Netflix today
    Thanks. Looks superb, and has the divine Bae Doona (must be a Korean series).  Digging the funky hats !
    Watched the first episode. Not quite sure wether it's grabbed me or not but I think I could reasonably describe it as different. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Anyone still watching? Last couple of episodes have been brilliant imo. I’d forgotten that the second half had restarted last month so binged them over a couple of days. The last few have been the best in a long time I think. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Not watched any of them yet. Although I have watched a lot of telly recently( against my better intentions am halfway through the Umbrella Academy for a start). I was convinced I could make a clean break so telling me they are actually good isn't helping...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited March 2019
    One episode behind atm, but feel it is getting very repetitive/soap opera-ish

Spoiler

swap Saviours, for face wearers - what's changed other than half the leads have vanished ?

Feedback
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    I think this second half of the series is good, very enjoyable. The Skins/Whisperers are right psychopaths even in comparison with the Saviours. I'm even enjoying the soap opera aspect, reminds me very much of the old Western series that used be on TV in the 70s.
    I’m pretty much up to date. Agreed this latest season is much better than the last one with Rick but it’s hard to see where it can go from here without getting very repetitive. I’m guessing Negan will have a bigger part to play again at some point. 

Btw, have I missed something... what’s happened to Maggie? 
  • boogieman said:
    I’m pretty much up to date. Agreed this latest season is much better than the last one with Rick but it’s hard to see where it can go from here without getting very repetitive. I’m guessing Negan will have a bigger part to play again at some point. 

She's coming back apparently. There was no going away scene or anything, she was just gone one day. No-one knows where she is; my mum watches Talking Dead after the main show every week and she tells me it's a regular topic of discussion on there...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

boogieman said:

She's coming back apparently. There was no going away scene or anything, she was just gone one day. No-one knows where she is; my mum watches Talking Dead after the main show every week and she tells me it's a regular topic of discussion on there...
    Ah cool, thanks. I did wonder if I’d dropped off during a flashback or something.  ;)
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Season 10 starts tonight on NowTV

The second half of season 9 was particularly good so I’m looking forward to it.

oh, and Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is apparently coming back for season 11 after she left the show over a pay dispute.
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Aye, that was rather good!
  • dbphoto said:
    Aye, that was rather good!
    Officially avoiding this thread until after work tomorow!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Ooh! Now that was a great first episode. Hopefully bodes well for a proper season rather than the Scooby Gang of late.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, lots of zombie action for a change, liked the satellite plot device.
    shame the latest baddie came back

Feedback
    It looked sharper, have they started filming in 4K or summat? Liking the return to decent walker killing action, the special fx were really good. 

A couple of WTF moments for me : (spoiler alert!!)

A satellite that’s burnt its way through the atmosphere and then been in a fire, but somehow still has writing on it and is apparently cool enough to touch?

Carol just stands and stares at Chief Whisperer instead of using her bow and arrow?

Come on, seriously? 
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5025
    edited October 2019
    Jalapeno said:
    Yep, lots of zombie action for a change, liked the satellite plot device.

Quite liked the latest one, bit more back story and a fair amount of the old ultra violence...
    As above though, more of Alpha and Beta's stories do at least give it a little more substance?

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7543
    I usually get annoyed at backstory episodes but was totally caught up in that one 
    Red ones are better.