Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12414
    Jalapeno said:
    It's definitely gone right off, no wonder the lead characters are vanishing
    They’re still lurking though. There’s still talk of a couple of Rick Grimes spin off films. Daryl & Carol are getting their own series too if you believe the rumours. It’s hard to see how they’ll get much viewer interest for either though. The early success of WD was all about the threat from the walkers, now they’re just a minor inconvenience and easily dealt with. I’ve also got to the stage where I couldn’t care less what happens to the majority of lead characters, the only one with any depth is Negan. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

There's a new spin off coming soon. Looks utterly shit too, going by the trailer. Looks, to me that the producers are going after the teen market to garner a new fan base as the traditional WD fan base drops off. Makes sense in a business sense, but I really don't think that audience is that bothered either. I sense a massive flop. 

This has just popped up on Amazon Prime, so presumably the major channels have sensed it’s a bag of wank and haven’t bothered taking it up. I should say of course that I haven’t watched any of it but the reviews are universally terrible, even the least critical one said it was a Disney take on the zombie apocalypse. 
  • Minor necro-bump. Yep, the new season has largely been a pile of crap, but the latest one "here's Negan" wasn't too bad!

Unsurprisingly, Negan's backstory.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Best episode in a long time, certainly this season, really enjoyed it.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    You guys watching a different show?

Im watching the latest Walking Dead episodes more out of a semse of completeness as anything else.

They've been slow, dull and basically like wandering around in a bus station watching random people with neither continuity nor empathy...

How many more do I have to tolerate?
    The latest episodes have been terrible, especially the railway car one and Carol vs the rat. Sheesh what a pile of stinking poo. I’m sticking with it more out of fascination of how much crappier it can get more than anything else. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    I had even forgotten what channel it was on - had to look it up.  I'm for bookending the story, not really invested in it any more.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    Negan's tale was an improvement.  But still not a patch on teh erasly stuff.  Still duty, not pleasre to watch.
  • I liked the episode with Daryl & Carol and the flashbacks to Daryl's woman, and the railway car episode. I thought the one with Gabriel and Aaron was excellent... and then last night's Negan episode was the best I've seen of TWD for a long time. I'm going to watch the last season, but I'm very much hoping that there aren't too many more like Carol vs the rat; that was quite possibly my least favourite episode ever
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    It’s definitely a chore rather than a pleasure these days but I’ve stuck with it this long, so I’m here for the final season.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1212
    The Negan episode was worth watching. The others,  much less so. I await the final season more in hope than expectation. 
    Link to my trading feedback
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10328

Just when I'd given up on the show, the Negan episode was enough to pique my interest again, and lo and behold, they pull an absolute cracker out of the bag. Best episode in ages and now I want to carry on to see how the story pans out between him and Maggie. God, this show can be so frustrating, it's hooked me in again. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Watched the Negan episode last night. What a cracker, great piece of acting by JDM too. The writers are obviously capable of good content, why can’t they do this stuff more consistently? 
    I agree, the Negan backstory was a cracker !

Feedback
  • JDM is seriously great.

Bye!

Saw a trailer last night for the final series. So it’s finally breathing it’s last, not really surprising considering how weak the last couple of series have been. I still would’ve watched it, out of morbid fascination to see how it all ends, but it’s only being shown on the Disney channel now. Oh great.  :/
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    @Parker You'll be happy it's the final season, no more notifications!!  :)

Watched the first episode of season 11, more of the same by the looks of it, hope I'm wrong.

Negan needs a spin off, best character by far.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tone71 said:

Negan needs a spin off, best character by far.

Only one left ! ;)

Feedback
  • Just watched S11E6, as I begrudgingly see the it through to the bitter end. 
    I’ve barely been paying attention since the beginning of season 10 though so I’m not entirely sure what’s going on or if I even care. 

That being said, the latest episode was really good. Those weird, feral, nappy wearing hippy dudes were creepy AF! 
  • Just watched S11E6, as I begrudgingly see the it through to the bitter end.
    Ditto.

It does feel like some form of self inflicted punishment.

The writers aren't helping with so many different tales running at once, and characters who are so recent I've not even worked out their names (or whether they are on any particular side).

As implausible as the nappy tribe were, at least they were a recognisable entity, what of the other bonkers themes - a huge township that's fifties USA with no one noticing; an SF unit that's survived decades without food; the travelling large family at the end of the last series, and what of Ricks helo rescue?

Bonkers.

There was clearly more than one shark lept.

How long have I to continue this pennance?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom