Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10322

Just watched the second episode, and I said to my wife that if I thought it hadn't improved on last week (I thought the episode was shit, especially for a season premiere) that I was going to give up on it. I think I watch it more out of habit now anyway, if I'm at all honest. 

Well that's it, I'm done. A once great, must see show reduced to a total bore fest. Not one single character left that I either care nor root for, appalling dialogue, crappy monologues topped off with shit baddies. I know Negan cops some flack, but at least he could be mildly, sometimes brilliantly, entertaining, especially in his earlier episodes. The new season of AHS hasn't been great either, but it's still lightyears ahead of this crap, and it's been going almost as long as TWD.

Sorry about the rant. I actually came to simply post "I'm out" but got a little carried away  :)

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12412
    AHS? Wassat?  You lost me there. 

We watched the latest episode of WD last night too. I didn’t think it was that bad personally but it’s getting hard to see what more they can do with the show now. It’s been pretty much an endless cycle of happy settled  group/new baddies/war/major characters die/happy group ever since the days of The Governor. Alpha hasn’t got the charisma of Negan to make her particularly interesting, she’s got the same unhinged loony character as Junkyard Lady (I cant even remember her name, which I think speaks volumes). Fear the WD is a much better show, but even that is getting repetitive.  

We’ve only got NowTV for the sake of WD nowadays, the rest of the content is fairly crap. Tbh I’m thinking of jacking it in too and switching to Netflix. 

That's American Horror Story @boogieman ;

It's taken a dip, but nothing like the extent of TWD and still relatively imaginative. I only brought that show up because we always save them both and watch on a Friday night as a wind down from the week. I've always saved TWD until last because it was my preferred show, but now I tend to get it out of the way first because I prefer AHS. 

It's taken a dip, but nothing like the extent of TWD and still relatively imaginative. I only brought that show up because we always save them both and watch on a Friday night as a wind down from the week. I've always saved TWD until last because it was my preferred show, but now I tend to get it out of the way first because I prefer AHS. 

Ah right. I’ve never watched American Horror Story. 

Bit late to the party but we’ve started watching Breaking Bad recently. My son had been banging on about how great it was and I managed to pick up the complete box set for a couple of quid. Now that is a great series.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:

Ah right. I’ve never watched American Horror Story. 

Bit late to the party but we’ve started watching Breaking Bad recently. My son had been banging on about how great it was and I managed to pick up the complete box set for a couple of quid. Now that is a great series.  :)

It certainly is mate. My all time favourites show I think. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This shit show still going?? Christ.... I gave up around season 7. Bag of wank.

Bye!

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    AHS is really good, I'm still sticking with TWD though in the hope it gets interesting, agreed the whisperer's crap is really dull even with Opie in it
  • I really feel like TWD needs to end soon. I'm still watching because I want to see Alpha get taken down (and I'm hoping that Negan is going to redeem himself in some way, too), but as said above there's nowhere really left for it to go: they've got the bones of civilisation going again, they're mostly settled & happy and the walkers are less of a threat, so it feels like the ideal time to leave them to it.
    Part of me wants to stop watching, but I do want to see how is going to end and stopping now would feel like getting to nearly the end of a book & giving up, so I'm sticking with it for now. I can see it getting  to  a stage though where I just look the day after to see what happened, rather than sitting through it.

That said, I'll definitely be watching the Rick Grimes film when it comes out...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

There's a new spin off coming soon. Looks utterly shit too, going by the trailer. Looks, to me that the producers are going after the teen market to garner a new fan base as the traditional WD fan base drops off. Makes sense in a business sense, but I really don't think that audience is that bothered either. I sense a massive flop. 

I really feel like TWD needs to end soon. I'm still watching because I want to see Alpha get taken down (and I'm hoping that Negan is going to redeem himself in some way, too), but as said above there's nowhere really left for it to go: they've got the bones of civilisation going again, they're mostly settled & happy and the walkers are less of a threat, so it feels like the ideal time to leave them to it.
    Part of me wants to stop watching, but I do want to see how is going to end and stopping now would feel like getting to nearly the end of a book & giving up, so I'm sticking with it for now. I can see it getting  to  a stage though where I just look the day after to see what happened, rather than sitting through it.

That said, I'll definitely be watching the Rick Grimes film when it comes out...
    Yup, I’m almost certainly Negan is going to redeem himself too. I reckon he’ll also die in the process. 
  • Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Despite trying to stick with it......................what a load of crap that episode was yesterday.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I gave up on it yonks ago....and I started this thread! All I get from the show now, is dozens of notifications! :o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just watched episode 3, thought it was really good. I've got one quibble though: we're several years after the outbreak now, there's been a complete breakdown of society and everything is a lot harder, there are no cars or machines and food is scarce... so surely Eugene and Alpha would be a lot thinner? :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    I'm glad psycho Carol is back (as opposed hippy maiden aunt Carol), shame she didn't waste Alpha in E1 when she had a clear chance.

Agree with opinion that Alpha/Mask wearers is a lame plot.  Sooner it's ended the better - the falling satellite was a promising plotline, and Eugene knows more but nobody is listening.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I'm a little torn by the latest one. I did like it, but it could go either really good or proper crap...

The lack of anti-biotics is an obvious thing as done before: ie loads of zombies, and the Eugene/ stranger thing does of course look like another Seaside thing. And quelle surprise that Negan goes all in with Samantha Morton for a skinsuit. Back to type, or double agent? Quite how that plays out, we'll see. Fucking hell, I sound like Freebird! ;)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    I think a double baddie header with Negan will kill the series forever

Loved the Negan Fanboi scenes, good acting there !!!!

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Didn’t see that coming!

Next weeks mid season finale should be great.
  • Next week needs to be great, with plenty of Negan and a good/bad guy cliffhanger, ideally Alpha and Beta dead. This series has been dogshit so far :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2019
    dbphoto said:

Next weeks mid season finale should be great.
    And there’s another reason the series is starting to piss me off. Six episodes and then a three or four month wait? WTAF?  p 

Edit, it’s eight episodes. It only feels like six though, because..... well, virtually nothing has happened so far.  :/