PSA Marshall Origin 20 dropped again

What's Hot

Comments

• simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    Just plugged some delay in to the loop. Can't turn it off while the footswitch is attached. FX loop button is just constantly on, stomped or not.

Incidentally, if there's something plugged into the loop and the footswitch is NOT plugged in, should I hear the FX or not? Currently I'm not. IE. The only way to activate the FX loop is to have the footswitch attached (albeit I can't then turn it off!)
    UPDATE: took it back today and it was definitely the footswitch, just in case anyone was wondering or surprised that a Marshall footswitch was unreliable.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I bought the combo. With some old Mullards and a G10 Greenback it's twice the amp. Much less fizzy and noisy. Lacks a little bottom end for my taste but nothing I can't sort with a little EQ from a pedal

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I've kept the JJ in V1 (red label) and switched out the two Shuguangs in V2 and V3 for a pair of old Mazda's I've had knocking about for years.  They've really cleaned up the tone as the Chinese valves seem to be a bit too gainy for an old Plexi circuit.

Quite a difference and the amp sounds much better - not a bad little tone for £249!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2467
    Got my 50w combo today, very impressed, nice pedal platform and almost zero noise... well built too. £399 a bargain, might buy another and run them stereo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    gutted I missed this offer!!
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited July 2019
    Peach have them at £219 again ;

https://www.peachguitars.com/special-offer-guitars/marshall-origin-20w-head.htm
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    What's the clean tone like?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    StefB said:

Showing £349? Have I missed it again?
    StefB said:

Looks like, they were £219 when I posted the link, and again a few minutes later when I checked again.  Perhaps only one or two were available at that price then it went back up.
  • StefB said:
    StefB said:

Looks like, they were £219 when I posted the link, and again a few minutes later when I checked again.  Perhaps only one or two were available at that price then it went back up.
    They were up at £219 for a good 30 mins before they went straight back up to £349
    StefB said:
    StefB said:

They were up at £219 for a good 30 mins before they went straight back up to £349

The exact time I wasn't online to see it, lol
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    ...and missed again!
  • Which 2x12" cab suits this amp nicely?
    Which 2x12" cab suits this amp nicely?
    Mine sounds very good with my bog standard 1936. 
  • Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    So fucking annoying all the price drops and hikes. Am waiting for more at £220. Never  ever going to pay more than £180 for a second hand one now. 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Yamaha77 said:
    So fucking annoying all the price drops and hikes. Am waiting for more at £220. Never  ever going to pay more than £180 for a second hand one now. 
    That's a shame, I was going to sell mine for £181... ;-)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    Philtre said:
    Yamaha77 said:
    Did you sort out the crackle problem with valve swap? In all honesty at that price point its either the origin 20 h or a jet city.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Yamaha77 said:
    Philtre said:
    Yamaha77 said:
    Did you sort out the crackle problem with valve swap? In all honesty at that price point its either the origin 20 h or a jet city.
    I haven't got round to getting some new EL34s yet. I'll live with it a bit longer as I only notice it at home, and it's very quiet.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I have the Origin 20 and The "Vintage" Jet City JCA20HV head.....the Jet City has significantly more gain, the Origin has more sparkle and both really suit pedals
    At home volume I cant get that just breaking up clean tone on the Origin, so rely on pedals.
    I prefer the Marshall but the Jet City is a keeper too, both bloody good but distctly different.
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

£249 again in guitar guitar
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom