Furore at Fulltone.

What's Hot
KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
Apologies if this has been posted. I only just saw it and found it quite interesting.
I wasn't sure if this should go in the FX subforum but it's not really about the pedals, more the guy.

I was looking around the internet for another OCD when coincidentally, my mate in the States posted some screen grabs of some rants by Mike Fuller. I'll post them below.
It seems that lots of folk want to throw their pedals at him.

I'm not that au fait with Fulltone as a company and it appears there are 2 different Facebook pages. One run by Mike which I guess is the official page and another run by a guy called Bryant. Mike's attempt to apologise for his outbursts which hasn't gone down to well and Bryant seems to be stoking the fire.

Whether you agree or disagree with what Mr Fuller has said, it's a dick move from a business angle...

There are a lot more screen grabs on the pages than the one below. It would seem that Mike Fuller is known for being a bit of a loud mouth..?

Can anyone explain the tension between to 2 people/pages?

Mike Fuller's page: https://www.facebook.com/FulltoneMusicalProductsInc/

Bryants page: https://www.facebook.com/Fulltonemusicalproducts/

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Bryant's page, by his own admission, is a "fan page" (or perhaps, not) and is totally unofficial and unrelated to Mike's official Fulltone page.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    edited June 2020
    With fans like that, who needs enemas? Two rings don’t make a writ.

Perhaps, the Bryant character hopes that Fuller will buy up the rights to the user name Fulltone for a substantial sum of money? Until that occurs, Bryant jigs about and makes a nuisance of himself.

I agree that the social media spat is not in Fuller’s interests. He should simply post a disclaimer to the effect that the user currently known as Fulltone is in no way affiliated with the business of the same name and neither does he reflect the views of the company.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Yet another reason I'm so glad I don't use Facebook or Twitter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3675
    I was so enraged that I tore the Fulltone OCD from my pedalboard and crushed it to a pancake with my sledgehammer.

Take that Mr Fuller! 

What had he said BTW?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
    Mike Fuller has long had a reputation for being "extremely outspoken" (charitable version). There are hundreds of stories out there of him being rude and abusive to customers (and others). 

I have absolutely no context to the screengrabs above so I'm not sure who is abusing who over what but its no surprise that Fuller has got into a spat. Won't be the first time, won't be the last. 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was so enraged that I tore the Fulltone OCD from my pedalboard and crushed it to a pancake with my sledgehammer.

Take that Mr Fuller! 

What had he said BTW?
    Doesn't count unless you covered it in Maple syrup and sconned it down ya.

Bye!

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6069
    OCD. Suddenly it all makes sense.
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    edited June 2020
    Was reading online about Mike Fuller of Fulltone living up to his reputation and being a dick in regards comments about BLM protests and looting. I’ll not post a link. I think he deleted the Facebook comments anyway but there’s screen grabs going around. 

I’m not gonna get triggered and burn my Fulltone stuff (I love the FD2 and Mini Deja-Vibe and have a Plimsoul in the post) It will make me think twice about buying new Fulltone stuff though. 

Also, from discussions I’ve noticed there are very few pedal makers of colour. I don’t know of any in the U.K. but here’s a link to Native Audio - https://nativeaudio.us/ a Native American pedal builder. Some of these designs look cool af. Especially the Trem. 

There’s also Dogman Devices. https://www.dogmandevices.com/ a black owned business from Minneapolis no less. 

Just in case anyone was inclined to sell their Fulltone stuff and buy something from these guys. 

Peace. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22897
    edited June 2020
    I always find it strange that Mike Fuller has a reputation for being so difficult, but Robin Trower only uses Fulltone pedals.  Trower seems such a gentleman (and gentle man), it's hard to imagine them getting on.  Of course I know neither of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    edited June 2020
    for chrissakes mike, your business is selling fuzzfaces and univibes.  can't he even pretend to be the kind of guy hendrix would wanna hang out with?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Philly_Q said:
    I always find it strange that Mike Fuller has a reputation for being so difficult, but Robin Trower only uses Fulltone pedals.  Trower seems such a gentleman (and gentle man), it's hard to imagine them getting on.  Of course I know neither of them.
    I imagine being a big name who goes hand In hand with devices such as the vibe and getting your products into said big names rigs, buys a lot of politeness.

Fuller needs Trower more than the other way around.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    Thanks for sharing! Disappointing from Fulltone
  • Bye!

• In case anyone was curious for actual details:
    https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/182427/furore-at-fulltone#latest

Bye!

He’s since made a pretty sincere sounding apology on his Facebook but probably only because he realised he gone done fucked up. 

Anyway, I’m not really wanting to be negative and boycott and sell my stuff (he’s been resting on his laurels for the past couple of decades I reckon but I love my FD2) so doing something positive and highlighting these pedal makers is better. I’m really into the NativeAudio stuff. Really cool art and the demos are really good! 
    Ah cool. I didn’t see this. 
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    edited June 2020
    He has a classic shop owner stand point. He hasn't said anything racist for what I have read.
    He made the distinction between shoplifters/ looters and the protesters.. he just responded to an obvious troll for what I have read with a bit of wit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 721
    he comes across as a dick anyway, plenty of other pedal designers out there to choose from! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    althy said:
    He has a classic shop owner stand point. He hasn't said anything racist for what I have read.
    He made the distinction between shoplifters/ looters and the protesters.. he just responded to an obvious troll for what I have read with a bit of wit
    I’m not claiming he said anything racist. He didn’t respond. He made a comment about the mayor and governor of wherever he’s from in Southern Cali being ‘pussys’ for allowing ‘4 nights of looting’. He only made the distinction after the fact. It’s not racist but from a wealthy and privileged white man, in the current climate, it’s tone deaf at best.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom