Ebay £1 deals, gone?

What's Hot

Comments

• steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    My offer today is 70% off selling fees.  I've had 80% off in the past, but not seen £1 final fee for a long while.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 371
    I haven’t had any £1 or £2 offers for quite a while but 80% is every two or three weeks including today which is odd as @steveledzep just got a 70% ???
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    edited April 2022
    I've had the above offers in March, plus a £1 offer a fortnight ago. :confused: 
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    80% for me this weekend. I ain’t biting. :D
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10235
    I don’t get the £1/£2 ones anymore but the 80% are every two weeks. I don’t mind. If I sell something for £1000 it’s £20 odd. That’s perfectly reasonable if you ask me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4178
    So does the 80% off final value fee count for selling guitars .what are variable selling fees ?
      Anyone hazard a rough guess what I would pay on a £450 sale 

ive been offered it til the 26th of April ive worked out I’d have to sell at £460 to clear £401? At 12.8 %

So say that is around a £59 fee do you take 80% off that which I get to 11.80  so I should get around £448 

is this right ??? You lot are pretty clever 
    edited April 2022
    So does the 80% off final value fee count for selling guitars .what are variable selling fees ?

ive been offered it til the 26th of April ive worked out I’d have to sell at £460 to clear £401? At 12.8 %

So say that is around a £59 fee do you take 80% off that which I get to 11.80  so I should get around £448 

It’s for everything. The fees are 12.8% plus 30p. 

So if you sell a guitar for £460 you’d have to pay £58.88 plus 30p so £57.90. So you'd end up with £400.82. 

With this offer of 80% off you would get 80% off the £58.88. So you would end up getting a discount on that of £47.10. So your actual fee is £11.78 plus 30p, so £12.08. 

So your take home when using this offer would be:

Approx £447.92 by my calculations. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4178

So if you sell a guitar for £460 you’d have to pay £58.88 plus 30p so £57.90. So you'd end up with £400.82. 

With this offer of 80% off you would get 80% off the £58.88. So you would end up getting a discount on that of £47.10. So your actual fee is £11.78 plus 30p, so £12.08. 

Thanks so much for your help #TeleMaster that’s absolutely brilliant ,thank you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2022

Thanks so much for your help #TeleMaster that’s absolutely brilliant ,thank you 
    No worries mate.  
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3018
    StefB said:
    PC_Dave said:
    I've not had one for ages now. Annoying really as I have stuff I want to sell!
    It's as though when one does come your way, you have to take advantage of it to get back on their Christmas card list.  Use it or lose it.

I don't think so, I've never once sold anything on eBay, yet I get these £1 selling fee offers all the time, the most recent being a day or two ago.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6861
    I think it’s only the infrequent sellers that get the 1% offers. I’ve only sold 3 things on eBay in 10 years.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    I also received a £1 listing offer yesterday. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18812
    mrkb said:
    I think it’s only the infrequent sellers that get the 1% offers. I’ve only sold 3 things on eBay in 10 years.
    I think this might be the case.
    I have had £1 offers several times in the last few months but never sold anything, only bought stuff.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    I understand eBay’s wish to reengage with dormant sellers but to me this is no different from insurance companies giving better premiums to new customers over long-standing punters, which they are no longer supposed to do. 

It’s a bit of a rum deal for regular eBay sellers to no longer get the £1 deals and I’m surprised there isn’t more of a fuss about it on their own forums given that the preferential offers are widely known about. 

I too got 80% today having sold thousands of pounds worth of kit on there lately and haven’t had a £1, £2 or £3 fixed rate offer for months. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    StefB said:
    I understand eBay’s wish to reengage with dormant sellers but to me this is no different from insurance companies giving better premiums to new customers over long-standing punters, which they are no longer supposed to do. 

It’s a bit of a rum deal for regular eBay sellers to no longer get the £1 deals and I’m surprised there isn’t more of a fuss about it on their own forums given that the preferential offers are widely known about. 

I too got 80% today having sold thousands of pounds worth of kit on there lately and haven’t had a £1, £2 or £3 fixed rate offer for months. 
    As someone who regularly sells on ebay, my take on this is... Meh. 

80% off the fvf is still very good value, and even with fees I've never failed to make more than I would have done selling privately, e.g. via here. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2900
    I've had loads of £1 max offers recently, I'm not a big seller either. 
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    TTBZ said:
    I've had loads of £1 max offers recently, I'm not a big seller either. 
    That’s why you’ve had them. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Got an 80% FVF offer today. To be honest I think those fees are just about right. eBay must be printing so much bloody money every minute of the day
    TheMarlin said:
    I also received a £1 listing offer yesterday. 

I think that's when Igot it as well, can't confirm as I delete what I  consider junk  emails as soon as I see them, and then empty my email bin.
    edited May 2022
    I just recieved another £1 listing offer email from ebay at 7:17am UK time.  I've personally never sold anything on eBay, only bought stuff from there.  I think they're sending them out to people who don't sell on eBay, or sell very little on eBay, to attract new sellers.  This is at least he second time I've recieved this offer in under a month.