Conor McGregor...the BIG fight

What's Hot

Comments

• celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Seeing Mayweather walk Conor down with shell defence says it all. Mayweather did not respect him at all.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Proof that mcgregor is just a loud mouth thug, not a world class athlete.

Mayweather could have ended it in the 4th, he just wanted to give some value for money. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3332
    He's not a thug, he's a world class mma athelete. 
    He was out boxed and gassed.  
    I wonder if his reactions are slower due to having to fight the first instinct of kick, elbow or grapple?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5419
    edited August 2017
    timmysoft said:
    Proof that mcgregor is just a loud mouth thug, not a world class athlete.

Mayweather could have ended it in the 4th, he just wanted to give some value for money. 

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

10 rounds with the best boxer of his generation & he's "NOT A WORLD CLASS ATHLETE"?! 
    Even discounting his achievements in MMA (double World champion) to last 30mins in a pro boxing ring is no mean feat. Ortiz and Gatti didn't last that long with Mayweather, are they world class athletes? 
    Conor does have a big mouth- he uses it to sell fights. That's his job. The fact that we're even talking about it proves that he's good at it.
    He's no thug. Which fighter has a dubious past? Domestic violence etc? Not McGregor. 
    He's a highly skilled Martial Artist, but an untested Boxer. In private he's known to be very respectful. 

As for drawing it out to "give some value"... Why would a boxer renowned for his defence and avoidance of punishment allow the fight to go on a single second longer than necessary (& run even a remote risk of McGregor landing decent shot)?
     I agree he was in little danger after round 4, but he was looking for the right opportunity to end it. 

Maybe it's time for bed...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    @timmysoft, A thug?

I don't like the man because of his persistent cockiness but a thug? Surely a man who goes 10 rounds with Mayweather deserves a little more credit and respect than a lout who fights after a night out at the pub? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    I found it a really interesting watch. You could see in the early rounds mayweather was just letting mcgregor tire himself out because he knew he couldn't go the distance. Then he made quick work of him.

It reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Homer fights all those hobos.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    lonestar said:
    @timmysoft, A thug?

I don't like the man because of his persistent cockiness but a thug? Surely a man who goes 10 rounds with Mayweather deserves a little more credit and respect than a lout who fights after a night out at the pub? 

I don't think he deserves any respect for anything other than having good management. The guy is a just a thug, a rich one now.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    timmysoft said:
    lonestar said:
    @timmysoft, A thug?

I don't think he deserves any respect for anything other than having good management. The guy is a just a thug, a rich one now.

Okay.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
    Mayweather could have taken him apart whenever he wanted. At the end it was like a cat playing with a dead mouse. Mayweather looked like he had just been for a brisk walk.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    I watched it on YouTube this morning  B)
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited August 2017
    timmysoft said:
    lonestar said:
    @timmysoft, A thug?

How is he a thug? I don't get that at all. Mayweather is the one with convictions for beating up women and Connor is the thug? And he was rich long before this fight thanks to his own success, now he's very rich.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I always thought Mayweather would win.  best fighter since Barry McGuigan.  
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    Hype gone mad when the loser still pockets a 100 mil
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7439
    I read a couple of round-by-round commentaries this morning - sounds like for the first 3 rounds it was slightly in McGregor's favour, and there were obviously a lot of people who were convinced it would be ended by Mayweather far sooner than 10 rounds.

I think you've got to call it a big success for McGregor but ultimately the result most boxing fans were expecting. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I say well done McGregor for lasting so long. 

Let's face it, Mayweather probably wouldn't last a full minute if they switched to McGregor's sport.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7439
    Full fight on a few places on YT now
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Hype gone mad when the loser still pockets a 100 mil
    Not bad for getting beat up.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    cruxiform said:
    Mayweather could have taken him apart whenever he wanted. At the end it was like a cat playing with a dead mouse. Mayweather looked like he had just been for a brisk walk.
    Na! Mayweather was trying to take him from the fourth but it took him longer than he thought for Connor to get punched out. Connor did better than expected but his only chance of winning was pounding Mayweather in the first two rounds and he didn't take that chance. After that it was only going ton one way.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    You can fool all of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time. In which category do YOU fit?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Genuinely a better fight than I thought possible. My two observations were how much Mayweathers reflexes have declined and McGregor didn't hit anywhere near as hard as expected.