Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

iPhone X then?

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    John_P said:
    I'm very torn about what to get - I need new phone asap.

I wasn't seeing any features on the 8+ that I fussed about so might get a 7+ instead - but when I compare prices on the 02 upgrade it works out cheaper to get the 8+  at £67/mo vs £68 for the 7+     I'd rather buy a cheap phone and stay sim only ideally but it looks like they are pushing the new models.

Buy a used 7. You can pick up a nearly new one for under £500 already, if you can wait for a bit the price will probably drop even more once people want to offload their old model for an 8 or X. Then get yourself a sim only deal. You'll save bundles of money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11636
    tFB Trader
    My biggest bugbear with the iPhone 5s that I got on my phone contract is that it's only 16Gb and no way to increase that with a memory card or anything. I am constantly being told out of memory and it's a pain to delete music and stuff.

I do love my Apple watch - version 2 so I can swim with it, however the Apple watch 3 with no need to carry your phone will be fab for me as I loathe always taking my phone to the gym or to a gig etc

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Over the recent years Apple seem to have really struggled to keep up with the competition when it comes to bringing out genuinely new phone tech.  They started as market leaders when it came to revolutionising phone design, now they just have to settle for renaming other companies existing features whilst trying to convince themselves it's a new concept.  

From the keynote speech the only thing that seemed to not be offered by the other market leaders so far was the animoji thing.  To me the only people in my house who'd be interested in that are under the age of 7 and I wouldn't want to risk giving them a £1k phone to run around with just so they can turn their face in to a monkey or unicorn.  

The design of the X also disappointed me.  I've always been keen to see the latest rendition of the iPhone as soon as the keynote is out but the 8 and this X I just found boring. They are trying to make out it's bezeless and something they've been working towards over the past 10 years but it just looks like it's already in a bumper case from the images so far.  It's also thicker and heavier than their recent efforts and in my opinion not as slick in design as say the S8.  I'm hoping next year the X1 starts bringing out a more captivating design once they find the direction that are taking the brand now the home button has been taken away.

I do think the removal of a physical home button is a good move as I've found I haven't missed it in my recent phones, although I would rather have an additional more convenient way to unlock the phone than having to show the screen to my face every time.  I'm sure Apple have improved on facial recognition immensely from when other brands were pushing it's use (although maybe not if the keynote was anything to go by, although I'm glad they got a story sorted to blame 2 minions off stage for their embarrassment), but the ease of taking your phone out your pocket with finger already located on the fingerprint sensor so it's ready to use immediately when it's out would still be my preference for ease of operation.

Oh well looks like I'll just have to look forward next year's release.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11636
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader

And I have been accused of being an Apple fanboy in the past

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    prowla said:
    beed84 said:
    prowla said:
    1k for a phone is a sure sign of a world gone mad. 

It's not a phone, though, is it?

It's an internet browser,
    a Sat-Nav,
    a music store,
    a wallet,
    a load of shop & restaurant loyalty/discount cards,
    an email service,
    a compass,
    a level,
    a game of cards,
    a TV set,
    an alarm clock,
    a camera,
    a movie camera,
    a messaging service,
    etc...
    ...and a phone.

All in one compact unit.
    Still not worth a grand. 
    I guess it will be to some and not to others (it's $1k, BTW).
    Samsung have all the same features on their latest handset (with higher resolution screen) they also have headphone jacks 

And they cost less

And they look the same as apple just copied the look of Samsung this time. 

And they cost less. 

So 1k for a phone (meaning smart phone as it's hard to find any other sort these days) is ridiculous... No it's an indication that the buyer is a moron... Apple have built an idiot detector 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom