Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

iPhone X then?

What's Hot
Thoughts? I'm currently wondering how much discount my mate who works for Apple can get me...
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Expensive...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Same as the last one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • £££££££££££££££££
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I need a new phone so I was hoping to be excited by it.    Unless I'm missing something the 8 didn't make me want to rush to order and while the X looks pretty with the edge to edge display I'm not sure yet if it's worth waiting longer and paying more for it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33845
    edited September 2017
    I'll buy the 256GB X when I am out of contract in February.
    And I'll get a new watch as I was waiting for this one.
    And a 4k Apple TV.

Yes, I'm Apple's bitch.
    8reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    I need a new phone so I was hoping to be excited by it.    Unless I'm missing something the 8 didn't make me want to rush to order and while the X looks pretty with the edge to edge display I'm not sure yet if it's worth waiting longer and paying more for it.  
    Yeah, but... ANIMOJIS!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17669
    tFB Trader
    Jackobean said:
    Same as the last one.

Err no

The 8 is similar, but the X is totally different
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Underwhelming .. Samsung have a folding phone coming out with a big screen .. Apple have slipped to third in the phone sales league table. I'll be going for a Samsung when my current iPhone 7 packs up.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember when my Alienware laptop and my Samsung phone had facial recognition and it was shite, I much prefer having a fingerprint scanner.  

I don't like the fact that they say it's a bezel-less screen when it clearly has a bezel.  Why does it have a glass back as well?

The way that it made the plus versions taller rather than fatter was a step in the right direction though.  I doubt I'll move to Samsung as I don't like Android but I doubt I'll be buying an iPhone X either.  Maybe get an 7 plus if the prices tumble.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I remember when the 4 came out and it was so much nicer than anything else at that point.

Now it's not.

I like my S8+ but I still had my eye on this in case it was a bit special after the disappointing 7 but I just don't feel like I want it.

I think a lot of that is down to the camera as I hate using cases but I don't want it rocking and having the pressure point on the lense.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @DanR Quick question -  how are you getting on with your Samsung?  Do you have a case for it, feel like you have to treat it with kit gloves because of the borderless display?
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited September 2017
    @Arktik83 I've got no case.

Don't treat it any different to any other phone really.

No marks on screen but a couple of marks on the back of the phone.

While the phones not too big the screen wrapping round does mean I catch it when I don't want to sometimes.

I think I could of lived with the S8 over the S8+ but I wanted a big leap up from my old iPhone 6S. 

Use wise it really is no different to iOS once you get used to where stuff is, all the extra stuff is really a bit pointless with customizing.

I've had no more crashes or hardware/software issues than I got with iPhone, battery life is decent certainly no worse than my 6S and probably a bit better but then it is a bigger battery.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    DanR said:
    I remember when the 4 came out and it was so much nicer than anything else at that point.

Now it's not.

That about sums up my feelings as well, although the 6 did feel like a step forward.    I've had every model up the the 6+ from the start and each time they were launched it felt like an exciting upgrade but this didn't feel like a big deal.      I'm actually toying with a non apple phone or a cheap 7 instead of waiting til november for the X 
  • I want one, I want one, I want one, I cant afford one.  bugger.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6117
    Fretwired said:
    Underwhelming .. Samsung have a folding phone coming out with a big screen .. Apple have slipped to third in the phone sales league table. I'll be going for a Samsung when my current iPhone 7 packs up.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Too expensive for me m8.  
  • facial recognition is the beginning of the end.

I got a free Samsung S7 from work and it's miles nicer than my iphone, if i was buying my own (god forbid) it would be a Samsung

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27689
    Really, £1k for a phone?

I'm writing this on a MacBook Pro (rather than my usual iPad), so I'm not an anti-Apple-ist, but they've really excelled in persuading people to spend their money.

£1k FFS.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    My 4s is still going strong...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom