Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Guitar R9 sale - Anyone getting excited about these

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11503
    Fifty9 said:
    crunchman said:

For that kind of money I'd far rather have an R9 or a Masterbuilt Tele 

You could have both! £7k I believe someone said

Not quite.  The cheapest new Masterbuilt Fender on the Coda Website is £4299.  A lot of them are close to £5k now.  Might be able to snag a Tele and an R8 if there are still any left.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Wow.  Just wow
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    He's already said sorry he was having a bad day
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    edited September 2018
    Perhaps we should get back to destroying our savings and ogling R9s?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11503
    terada said:
    Perhaps we should get back to destroying our savings and ogling R9s?

If you do it on 0% finance, you don't even need to destroy your savings - at least your current savings anyway.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27854
    edited September 2018
    Thread closed pending a modmin cleaning it up (and reinstating the original title)

[edit]
    Job Done.

I’ve just deleted a load of off-topic posts from the thread (following more than one request).  I was going to split them out into a separate thread but (a) there didn’t seem a lot of value in preserving them and (b) they didn’t make much sense out of the context of the thread.  Not that they may a whole lot of sense within the context of the thread either ...

Alternatively, I’ve just imposed my views to stifle debate and opinion and make the forum an even less interesting place to be.

Back to R9s now please ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you @TTony ;
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    As posted in the R8 thread, I caved and bought an R9 too.  As I said earlier, I could only justify the extra £1000 if the top was an absolute belter and the weight was good.  It weighs 8.2lbs and I'm pretty happy with the top...

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thats gorgeous - I am so close to doing same just not sure I can justify having two R8s and and R9 - hence the classified I am just about to post
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    edited September 2018
    That’s beautiful! Likewise the top for me had to be amazing for the uplift, otherwise what is the point? Came across this one and I couldn’t stop myself...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TheGASMan said:
    thats gorgeous - I am so close to doing same just not sure I can justify having two R8s and and R9 - hence the classified I am just about to post
    I'm in the same position - just trying to resist
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    As posted in the R8 thread, I caved and bought an R9 too.  As I said earlier, I could only justify the extra £1000 if the top was an absolute belter and the weight was good.  It weighs 8.2lbs and I'm pretty happy with the top...

That’s beautiful! Likewise the top for me had to be amazing for the uplift, otherwise what is the point? Came across this one and I couldn’t stop myself...

https://imgur.com/gallery/itFxnxM
    Nice one Ben - I thought you had a Tobacco Burst?

This was in the pipeline which is why I couldn't go for your R8.  Sorry again I couldn't stretch to it, but two is way over my monthly guitar purchase limit as it is!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    As pretty as these flame tops are I view a top that is “too flamey” (subjective I know) more a showpiece  than for playing and thus less appealing.  Am I talking nonsense?  Probably.

anyway, HNGD -great to see so many ngds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Twinfan said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/itFxnxM
    Nice one Ben - I thought you had a Tobacco Burst?

This was in the pipeline which is why I couldn't go for your R8.  Sorry again I couldn't stretch to it, but two is way over my monthly guitar purchase limit as it is!
    I swapped the tobacco burst for this one.
  • Those last two really are stunning - congrats!
    edited September 2018
    pmg said:
    As pretty as these flame tops are I view a top that is “too flamey” (subjective I know) more a showpiece  than for playing and thus less appealing.  Am I talking nonsense?  Probably.

This is my gigging guitar.  It goes to every rehearsal and gig and has the snot played out of it.  I'm a heavy player and it's got pick wear, dings and scuffs and a few nasty marks from spilling some threadlocker on it (don't ask).

Not all "showpieces" sit in glass cabinets 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Twinfan said:
    pmg said:

This is my gigging guitar.  It goes to every rehearsal and gig and has the snot played out of it.  I'm a heavy player and it's got pick wear, dings and scuffs and a few nasty marks from spilling some threadlocker on it (don't ask).

Thats the spirit.
    pmg said:

That’s fair enough. I know exactly where you’re coming from. I’m quite particular about the tops. I want to look at it and it make me smile. Sometimes I get that with plainer tops, sometimes flamey. There’s no rhyme or reason, I either like it or I don’t. It’s a very personal thing.
    Twinfan said:
    pmg said:

Good to hear.  It’s just my perception when I see a guitar like that.  I can’t help it -not knocking anyone else view of course it was just my musing on flame tops
    edited September 2018
    I totally understand your point, but at the end of the day they're guitars and they're designed to make music.  Play 'em  grin 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom