What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowen said:
    Pixar Cars... WHY DO THEY HAVE DOORS!?
    So one can enter and exit them, duh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9759
    tony99 said:
    Andy putting the poster back over the hole once he's entered the escape tunnel in The Shawshank Redemption.

There's just no fucking way.
    Also... Wouldn't he have just ended up in the next cell?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2019
    The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. There's no way a bright child like Lucy wouldn't know that sneaking into imaginary worlds is against the rules of  hide'n'seek.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7155
    The T-Rex turning up and surprising everyone at the end of Jurassic Park. 

Despite its original reveal earlier being heralded by ‘THUMP THUMP THUMP, HERE COMES THE MASSIVE BITEY DINOSAUR’, it somehow manages to sneak up on all the survivors and a bunch of velociraptors this time.

Or maybe it was standing just off-camera the whole time, thinking “Well gosh, this is awkward.  Have you guys really not noticed that I’m standing right over here?”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72737
    Cols said:

Despite its original reveal earlier being heralded by ‘THUMP THUMP THUMP, HERE COMES THE MASSIVE BITEY DINOSAUR’, it somehow manages to sneak up on all the survivors and a bunch of velociraptors this time.

Or maybe it was standing just off-camera the whole time, thinking “Well gosh, this is awkward.  Have you guys really not noticed that I’m standing right over here?”
    The T-Rex clearly has the ability to teleport. In JP2, it gets out of the ship's hold, eats all the crew, closes the hatch covers then gets back into the hold.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449
    edited April 2019
    HAL9000 said:
    tony99 said:
    Andy putting the poster back over the hole once he's entered the escape tunnel in The Shawshank Redemption.

Also... Wouldn't he have just ended up in the next cell?
    He climbs into a hollow space that runs behind the back wall of all the cells. That part of it is reasonably believable, it’s how some of the guys escaped from Alcatraz in real life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7137
    tony99 said:

Surely it's just attached at the top?  Lift it up, climb through the hole, let it fall back down.
    Well I've heard a few people suggest that (this particular part of the film is a bugbear of mine) but watch as the warden firstly : throws a small rock through it, then: puts his whole hand through. It's clearly attached at each corner. 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited April 2019
    Not so much a plot hole as a sub plot, but...

Lion King: incest & infanticide

Simba & Nala are half siblings (cousins at best). Mufassa is their father (Scar MIGHT be Nalas, but it's pretty unlikely). 
    Why is Simba an only cub? Because Mufassa & Scar killed any cubs that aren't theirs. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12062

ICBM said:
    Cols said:

The T-Rex clearly has the ability to teleport. In JP2, it gets out of the ship's hold, eats all the crew, closes the hatch covers then gets back into the hold.
    Fun fact, that wasn't supposed to be Rexy at all, but some Raptors.  They based a lot of JP2 around the bits of Jurassic Park that didn't make the first film, almost as much as they based it around the second novel.

They changed the ending to have a longer rampage by Rexy in San Diego, and the Raptors were never shown.  It was something along those lines anyhow.

In the first book, it's revealed Raptors have been getting back to South America in pretty decent quantities by hiding on the boats.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
     The Martian - Given Matt Damon’s history of having to be rescued from far and difficult places and how much it must have cost the US taxpayer...

“Courage Under Fire (Gulf War 1 helicopter rescue)
    Saving Private Ryan (WW2 Europe search party)
    Titan A.E. (Earth evacuation spaceship)
    Syriana (Middle East private security return flight)
    Green Zone (US Army transport from Middle East)
    Elysium (Space station security deployment and damages)
    Interstellar (Interstellar spaceship)

...why on Earth would anybody think that sending him to Mars was a good idea (or likely to end well)?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Pretty much any film where aliens come to earth to kill us all.
    These things have the technology to traverse interstellar space, yet only want to come to an occupied planet to steal our resources and kill us, and the only way they can manage to do that is to fire lasers at us.
    axisus said:
    Pretty thin bunch of flaws posted here. The only one with any weight is the LotR Eagle one that has been around for decades. 

That one is pretty shaky to be fair.

The whole point was that they were sneaking around.  The Eagles would have made it there quickly, but would have been intercepted by the flying Nazgul, or other nasties and the game would have been up.

A bigger plot hole in LOTR is the fellowship setting out without a real plan.  All the later distractions, that convince Sauron either Aragorn or Gandalf is going to put on the ring and kick his ass, are pretty much accidents.

Still, amazing book and amazing films.  Shame about the Hobbit movies.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    https://youtu.be/RQSmfzfg2MY

Might be inconclusive although I’d have thought the poster would have been secured by more than just at the top by the tension in it. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    The Da Vinci Code.

The secret box thing with the password. Contains vinegar to ruin the paper.

Vinegar will freeze in a home freezer. Freeze it solid and smash it open. 
    The Da Vinci Code

Why didn't the guy just write in his blood at the beginning "Jesus had kids..." if he wanted people to know...

Because there wouldn't be a movie ;)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10477
    edited April 2019
    Armageddon always makes me smile ........ 

An asteroid the size of Texas isn't spotted until it's only 18 days away from reaching us !! Then we are meant to believe training oil workers to be astronauts makes more sense than training astronauts to drill  ..... then one nuclear weapon is meant to have enough power to split the asteroid into 2 with enough force to make the 2 sections clear the earth .... which would require many million more  times the  energy used in Big Ivan, the biggest ever nuke tested by the Russians. 

Still a good film mind
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Things I have learned today. You lot watch Big Bang Theory too much.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Shit. That means I do too. 

Awwwwwwwwwwh.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11480
    We are on a guitar forum and no-one has mentioned this one:

If that guitar has got to 1955, then there is obviously another time machine, so why bother with all the lightning shenanigans.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24487
    axisus said:
    Pretty thin bunch of flaws posted here. The only one with any weight is the LotR Eagle one that has been around for decades. 

Not really..  The Eagle could easily have been corrupted by the ring and made it fly straight to Sauron, betraying Frodo.  Frodo (and Sam) was the only one who was almost immune to its influence.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Offset:"A little heavy on the hyperbole"
  • ColsCols Frets: 7155
    Emp_Fab said:
    axisus said:

Not really..  The Eagle could easily have been corrupted by the ring and made it fly straight to Sauron, betraying Frodo.  Frodo (and Sam) was the only one who was almost immune to its influence.
    There’s a nice alternative theory; that Gandalf’s plan all along was to hook up with the giant eagles at the Misty Mountains and fly there, but was unfortunately waylaid by the Balrog.  Hence, his parting line: “Fly, you fools!”, meaning “FFS, don’t walk all the way there...”