Big flaws in film plots

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12057
    LuttiS said:
    Alien Resurrection.. the underwater scene. I used to try holding my breath for the entire scene.. couldn't even get close..
    It is one of about four good scenes in the movie though.

Still, A4 always will remain a film I'm fond of just because of how Batshit insane it is, plus this missing dialog between the Aliens...

"Charlie, we have all had a vote, we are going to kill you to get out.."
    "What the fuck dude, I go to the other side of the cage for two minutes..."
    "Look, we have acid for blood, one of us bleeds we can escape"
    "Why don't we all just cut ourselves, like, a little bit..."
    "No"
    "Why?"
    "Well, we'll be honest, some of the things you say, we think you aren't terribly woke man.."
    "It was banter"
    "Yeah, well banter or not stand there so we can get you with our little mouths, then I'm going to kill all these scientists..."
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449
    octatonic said:
    Back on LOTR- does the ring automatically resize for human or hobbit sized fingers?

In a film filled with hobbits, goblins, elves, wizards, ogres, orcs, giant spiders and talking trees you’re picking holes in the logic of a magic ring?   =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24484
    Emp_Fab said:
    ICBM said:
    I happened to watch Die Hard 2 last night.  A couple of seconds before the plane crashes in to the runway in a HUGE explosion, the pilot announces that they have no fuel left.

So was the plane carrying a ton of c4 to make blow up like that?
    That's at least reasonably accurate - empty or nearly empty fuel tanks are very dangerous because they contain a lot of fuel vapour... that's what brought down TWA Flight 800.
    Also, the approach angle is completely wrong.  No aircraft approaches the runway nose down.  In any case the aircraft’s own altimeter AND radio-altimeter would have alerted the crew to the discrepancies between the displayed glide slope and the real one.  Also, the real ATC would only have to broadcast on 121.5 to make aircrew aware that there was a German lunatic on the radio pretending to be ATC.
    Which "German lunatic" are you talking about, @Emp_Fab ?
    Col Stuart, played by William Sadler, who has some German ancestry and a wife who’s surname sounds vaguely German.  Nothing at all to do with accidentally confusing him with Hans Gruber played by Alan Rickman in the first film, no sireebob.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    octatonic said:
    Back on LOTR- does the ring automatically resize for human or hobbit sized fingers?

In a film filled with hobbits, goblins, elves, wizards, ogres, orcs, giant spiders and talking trees you’re picking holes in the logic of a magic ring?   =)
    Did Sam's ring resize for Frodo, that's the real question...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    LuttiS said:
    Alien Resurrection.. the underwater scene. I used to try holding my breath for the entire scene.. couldn't even get close..
    It is one of about four good scenes in the movie though.

Still, A4 always will remain a film I'm fond of just because of how Batshit insane it is, plus this missing dialog between the Aliens...

"Charlie, we have all had a vote, we are going to kill you to get out.."
    "What the fuck dude, I go to the other side of the cage for two minutes..."
    "Look, we have acid for blood, one of us bleeds we can escape"
    "Why don't we all just cut ourselves, like, a little bit..."
    "No"
    "Why?"
    "Well, we'll be honest, some of the things you say, we think you aren't terribly woke man.."
    "It was banter"
    "Yeah, well banter or not stand there so we can get you with our little mouths, then I'm going to kill all these scientists..."
    Haha, that gave me a good chuckle! Proper alien bants yo!

I'm also quite fond of that film.. i'm aware of how silly it is, but i  still enjoy it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    FACT: There are no plot holes in the film "rubber".
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Whenever I watch a film set in "outer space" with lasers, explosions, etc. I always mute the sound to make it more realistic.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5728

Gone in 60 seconds.  Are we really expected to believe Nic Cage could do that jump in the Mustang and the car still be drivable afterwards, or his spine to be in tact even?

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Haych said:

Gone in 60 seconds.  Are we really expected to believe Nic Cage could do that jump in the Mustang and the car still be drivable afterwards, or his spine to be in tact even?

What are you talking about!? I did that move last week on the way up t'chippy!!

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haych said:

You need to find a chippy with better parking, dude!

I think all this plot hole stuff can get a bit silly... for example there famously was a scene cut from Star Trek 3, where Kirk finds out that the USS Grissom has found Spock's coffin torpedo on the Genesis planet.

As it was cut, it looks like Kirk goes off to Genesis for... no reason, as he before assumed it just burned up like it was supposed to.

BUT

Star Trek 3 has this scene, so I don't care...

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    boogieman said:
    octatonic said:

Yes.
    Yes I am.
    :)
  • Haych said:
    Haych said:

You need to find a chippy with better parking, dude!
    lmao 

Bye!

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    LuttiS said:

I haven't seen the film but how long is the scene? Freedivers can hold their breath underwater for insane amounts of time. 
    LuttiS said:

I haven't seen the film but how long is the scene? Freedivers can hold their breath underwater for insane amounts of time. 

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    LuttiS said:

The actual time is pretty short but as soon as they screamed or even opened their mouths they would've started drowning. 

Also they swim pretty badly. 
    After this I can't watch a film without saying to myself, "that'd never work, that's stupid, when would that ever happen" etc.

I watched Speed last night for the first time in years.  Yeah, full of em, lol.  Still a good film though.

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 587
    LuttiS said:

The actual time is pretty short but as soon as they screamed or even opened their mouths they would've started drowning. 

Also they swim pretty badly. 
    Ah but ... Ripley is a clone who has bonded with alien DNA thanks because of reasons at the end of 3 so a hybrid ... and Call is a synthetic so ... probably both can manage to not breathe for ages.   Or something.
    Bezzer said:
    Ah but ... Ripley is a clone who has bonded with alien DNA thanks because of reasons at the end of 3 so a hybrid ... and Call is a synthetic so ... probably both can manage to not breathe for ages.   Or something.
    Well those both make sense to be fair.

The oddest part of this film is the last scene, Ripley saves the world by... wiping out an entire continent... seriously watch the end of the film.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    LOTR - I'm pretty sure that in the book it actually does describe how the ring reshapes to suit each bearer.

Obviously Peter Jackson couldn't find 30s within the whole 11 hour trilogy to include it...
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here